[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v5 : New chao colors !

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

In fact, the Steam version of SA2(being the only PC version) is the only version of SA2 for which any significant hacking has been done.

Edit: SA1 on the other hand, most of the hacks for it are for the 2004 PC release of SADX and no one really wants to bother with the steam version.
CADANAMAN
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CADANAMAN »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:In fact, the Steam version of SA2(being the only PC version) is the only version of SA2 for which any significant hacking has been done.

Edit: SA1 on the other hand, most of the hacks for it are for the 2004 PC release of SADX and no one really wants to bother with the steam version.
It's been a while since I've had that version of SA1. Is that version compatible with controllers? I'm thinking of getting it again.
\\ moons idem oons idem oons idemoon si dem oon //
Spoiler:
What it do, B?
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^I'm no expert, but I think improved support for modern gamepads is one of the few things the Steam version of SA1 has over the 2004 release. That said, most pre-existing SA1 modes are for the 2004 version, and there is is enough difference between the two versions code wise to render much of the documentation that has been made for the 2004 version useless with the steam version. Do note that most of the mods that go deeper than simple texture swaps/replacements specifically use the US version of SADXPC 2004(though finding a US executable to drop into a non-US copy shouldn't be that hard. Also, as far as I know, buying the Steam version is the easiest way of obtaining a copy of the ADX soundtrack for use with the recently released soundtrack customizer released for the 2004 version(ADX audio being another advantage the steam version has when comparing unhacked versions)
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tails852 »

Darky Benji Are You Working In The Mod Cuz I Dont See More Post Of You :thinking:
MintChaosky
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by MintChaosky »

This mod is for Steam version right? :thinking:
Yo.
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tails852 »

MintChaosky wrote:This mod is for Steam version right? :thinking:
Yes
PRO100_sasha
Egg
Egg

Post by PRO100_sasha »

That mode is truly AMAZING! *_* So much new stuff, and nothing useless! You make my dream come true by creating Night Garden, and not only by that. Hope you and your team worked on it, because some ideas also waiting to become real. Very great work!
Only two idea I wanted to announce is add to Market menu themes... Somewhere. And change Fortune-teller house so we can rename chao my himself fast. Yeah, not so much big problem, but...
Just Russian.
sori for mi bat inglih
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Probably a stupid question but with the "Mixing colors" code is there still a chance to be able to get two tone chao? And if so do the new colors allow new two tones? :surprise:
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
toffyflame
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: SA2 is what I do!

Post by toffyflame »

roaxes wrote:Probably a stupid question but with the "Mixing colors" code is there still a chance to be able to get two tone chao? And if so do the new colors allow new two tones? :surprise:
I think just breed normal
Sonic Adventure 2 is what I do! wish me luck on the road to 180 Emblems :surprise:
Greenblade
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: You're. Ugly.

Post by Greenblade »

Exactly why ae the chao in the pictures such high quality? Is it another mod? Because I have the high quality chao installed and it looks nothing like that.
CADANAMAN
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CADANAMAN »

Greenblade wrote:Exactly why ae the chao in the pictures such high quality? Is it another mod? Because I have the high quality chao installed and it looks nothing like that.
DarkyBenji has an Nvidia video plugin with ambient occlusion.
Spoiler:
What it do, B?
Mbio
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbio »

So after buying sonic adventure 2 on steam during the steam summer sale. I started to look around for mods to make the Chao garden more fun to use and that is when I stumbled upon the chao world extended mod.While it's great and all. There is an issue that I do not like that much. You see. when I play with my chao. I befriend just about all of them except for one. This poor chao always tend to see my dark side and I tend to keep it that way. However now with this mod. When I want to abuse him... He instantly dies! So this brings me to my question. Is there a way to keep him from dying so easy with out turning off the world extender codec?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

Mbio wrote:So after buying sonic adventure 2 on steam during the steam summer sale. I started to look around for mods to make the Chao garden more fun to use and that is when I stumbled upon the chao world extended mod.While it's great and all. There is an issue that I do not like that much. You see. when I play with my chao. I befriend just about all of them except for one. This poor chao always tend to see my dark side and I tend to keep it that way. However now with this mod. When I want to abuse him... He instantly dies! So this brings me to my question. Is there a way to keep him from dying so easy with out turning off the world extender codec?
enable the code "chao never die" so you can abuse him without get a gray cocon
PRO100_sasha wrote:That mode is truly AMAZING! *_* So much new stuff, and nothing useless! You make my dream come true by creating Night Garden, and not only by that. Hope you and your team worked on it, because some ideas also waiting to become real. Very great work!
Only two idea I wanted to announce is add to Market menu themes... Somewhere. And change Fortune-teller house so we can rename chao my himself fast. Yeah, not so much big problem, but...
it's not possible, i can make a code that you can past chao lobby (exit chao garden, enter to chao kindergarten instantly)
roaxes wrote:Probably a stupid question but with the "Mixing colors" code is there still a chance to be able to get two tone chao? And if so do the new colors allow new two tones? :surprise:
it's possible but it's rare, like shiny pokemon, you need luck to get a mixing colors two tone chao
Greenblade wrote:Exactly why ae the chao in the pictures such high quality? Is it another mod? Because I have the high quality chao installed and it looks nothing like that.
for get a nice quality like mine, i made a tuto for this : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44337
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Mbio
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbio »

Chao never die is one of the first mods I enabled and he still kept on dieing.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Mbio wrote:Chao never die is one of the first mods I enabled and he still kept on dieing.
did you enable this code before abuse the chao ? because that didn't work if you abuse the chao then you enable the code, it's.. too late
Mbio
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbio »

oh... whoops.

Also I got a new problem now. When ever I enter the chao world now as sonic. He turns into amy.

___edit___

And He also looks like amy outside of the chao garden too.

__edit___

Seems that if you put your computer into sleep mode over night and launch the game the next day, and the Xbox controller does not become fully functional (like it does to me when ever I do this) this will also cause the mod to turn sonic into Amy. I fixed the problem the same way I fixed the controller problem by unplugging it and plugging it back in... Interesting.
patrizl001
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by patrizl001 »

this mod looks amazing.

now i just need SA2 on me PC.
CADANAMAN
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CADANAMAN »

Welcome back DarkyBenji :herosurprise: Working on anything new for the mod pack?
Spoiler:
What it do, B?
chaoloveicemdboy
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by chaoloveicemdboy »

This mod is a really awesome mod for raising chao with. It makes raising chao more fun. I remember using v4.5 a month ago. This new update sounds cool. I should try it out soon when I get the chance.
yourtoast4
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by yourtoast4 »

thx to this mod i managed to make a chao that some what resembles a shiny normal

http://cloud4.steampowered.com/ugc/5722 ... CB849E971/

I bread a normal chao with an invisable chao and this poped out of the egg

i think it is a shiny jewel normal

i put the picture as the link because i couldent be bothered to shrink it to below 1000x800 pixels
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tails852 »

Darky Benji Are You Working In The Mod? :thinking:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

CADANAMAN wrote:Welcome back DarkyBenji :herosurprise: Working on anything new for the mod pack?
tails852 wrote:Darky Benji Are You Working In The Mod? :thinking:
Nope, And Nope

i guess i finish the mod pack, except made the chao bot harder, there not idea for new codes (everything i planned is done, for the moment)
maybe if i have time : new gardens, new chao texture but that's it

..Voila voila :blink:
yourtoast4 wrote:thx to this mod i managed to make a chao that some what resembles a shiny normal

http://cloud4.steampowered.com/ugc/5722 ... CB849E971/

I bread a normal chao with an invisable chao and this poped out of the egg

i think it is a shiny jewel normal

i put the picture as the link because i couldent be bothered to shrink it to below 1000x800 pixels
the picture doesn't work :darksurprise:
CADANAMAN
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CADANAMAN »

Gotcha! Well good luck with whatever may happen in the future for you :herowalk:
Spoiler:
What it do, B?
Stravan
Egg
Egg

Post by Stravan »

hey so im wondering for the screenshots that have been posted and how they have shading. is it a mod or something? or did you edit the photo or something else?

*nevermind now i know
Zenall
Egg
Egg

Post by Zenall »

Hey, so I really want this mod to work, however, I can't seem to fix this odd bug I'm getting, which makes single player games rather unplayable. Specifically Eggman stages. Eggman doesn't have his usaual targeting rockets and just the volcan cannon (Or whatever it's called), which makes clearing stages pretty impossible. Tails is also incredibly fast, but that is much more doable than the eggman's lack of homing missiles. Along with this, some of the textures are a bit buggy... which sort of goes against trying to pretty up the game with the hd textures.

It's also worth mentioning that this bug happens even without mods installed, all that is needed to trigger it is the loader being installed. Having no mods/codes, as well as JUST "Chao World Extended" files installed. Uninstalling via the modmanager fixes all the problems, and sets the game to vanilla.