[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
chaoloveicemdboy
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.5 : A new Update!

Post by chaoloveicemdboy »

When I exited the Dark Garden while holding a chao in 2-player Chao World, the game crashed. I think this is a glitch with the Chao World Extended 2-player Chao World Mod.
Yimoo
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Yimoo »

choalover12 wrote:When I exited the Dark Garden while holding a chao in 2-player Chao World, the game crashed. I think this is a glitch with the Chao World Extended 2-player Chao World Mod.
That's weird,It not happen to me.
Maybe it's another mod's glitch like "more chao animation" or "more chao action"?
One time i hit my all chao then my game crashed too,It's the same when i did it second time.
arkhamtheknight
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by arkhamtheknight »

I installed the 7.5 version of it but the BGM is gone completely. The intro video has no music as well as all menus and modes. Turned off Chao World Extended and music was back. Already tried uninstalling game and mod and verifying game files. :chaocry:
eziam1
Egg
Egg
Motto: Meppy

Post by eziam1 »

So I love this mod, but there is one thing that has been bothering me as i've played: any new loud chao sounds (crying, screaming, drowning) are distorted. is this normal? are the new chao sounds just normally distorted? if not, is there any reason why they are? (By distorted, they cut in and out rapidly when the sound plays. the new quiet chao sounds dont have this problem) If you need a video demonstrating this i can also do that) Even though i want more chao sounds, I was attempting to turn off the new chao sounds but toggling the more chao sounds options does not remove the sounds like it has been said.
Starry Finita
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Be yourself!!

"Re:" replies are redundant. And a quick question...

Post by Starry Finita »

Will it work with the Battle DLC??
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Yes. Yes, it will work.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, but I can personally confirm that it does.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Starry Finita
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Got no money at all...

Post by Starry Finita »

chaoadventures wrote:Yes. Yes, it will work.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, but I can personally confirm that it does.
Too bad I don't have any money. I COULD use Dolphin to emulate the GC version of SA2B, but dude, Chao World Extended only works in the PC version. Talk about crappy. :darkangry:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Sure "Re" replies seem redundant, but changing it alters the entire topic on the index page, so this looks like a new to

Post by chaoadventures »

I'd just wait for a Steam sale which makes it price of roughly $3 for SA2 and $1 for the DLC, if I remember correctly.

- - -
Starry Finita
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Yeah, but still...

Post by Starry Finita »

chaoadventures wrote:I'd just wait for a Steam sale which makes it price of roughly $3 for SA2 and $1 for the DLC, if I remember correctly.
Oh, and my graphics card is too crappy to run SA2 PC. :dark: :dark: [I only have a measly and outdated NVIDIA GeForce 6150se nForce 430 straight out of 2005.] And how do I remove notifications from my history, assuming it's possible??
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I have Intel Integrated Graphics.
Your graphics card is irrelevant as far as I care.

Can't say much about processors and RAM though.
My weaker computers don't run it as well, but if I lower the resolutions enough, it's just fine.

As for the notifications, I personally don't know.
I think there's something you can click in the top right but I don't usually bother because I'm lazy.

- - -
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Bubblebeam »

Is it possible to swap out the hero/dark gardens for their DC equivalents with a mod? Really miss that bridge and mountain.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

The OP mentions something about CWE only being able to swap the textures for the DC versions at the moment. It's a shame, because the shadows in the Dreamcast versions along with the river and mountain were pretty nice. Apparently, the positions of those things conflict with the positions of some of the seed spots in the Hero and Dark Gardens since the gardens have one more seed spot in the rereleases than they do in SA2DC. Maybe there is a mod that swaps them out - SADX has a couple of mods for both the 2004 and Steam versions that swap out the DX versions of the levels and adventure fields, Chao Gardens included, for their Dreamcast equivalents; so it's not hard to believe that somebody's probably done the same thing for SA2.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Memory of past statements has been that model and level collision editing in SA2PC is a train wreck.
In contrast, at least last time I checked, SADX PC modders having a field day porting DC content right now.

I don't quite remember what was wrong with porting SA2DC's gardens, if there was anything else though.

- - -
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Bubblebeam »

I gathered there must have been a good reason if it wasn't done yet (if ever).

Unrelated question. How easy is it to edit the objects that Chao World Extended has added? I'm really not fond of the new circle of flowers added to the Hero garden. Everything else I adore though.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

Bubblebeam wrote:I gathered there must have been a good reason if it wasn't done yet (if ever).

Unrelated question. How easy is it to edit the objects that Chao World Extended has added? I'm really not fond of the new circle of flowers added to the Hero garden. Everything else I adore though.
Not easy at all, it's really confusing, even i edit the wrong object sometime
and what's with big circle flower ? you prefer the keep the purple but remove the red on that do the circle ? or reduce it ?
i can change it for the next update if you want :heroblink:
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by azureprism »

chaoadventures wrote:Memory of past statements has been that model and level collision editing in SA2PC is a train wreck.
In contrast, at least last time I checked, SADX PC modders having a field day porting DC content right now.

I don't quite remember what was wrong with porting SA2DC's gardens, if there was anything else though.
Some of the guys on Sonic Retro's SADX hacking thread have figured out how to port some of the Dreamcast version's DLC content to the 2004 PC version. I'm not sure about whether or not it's compatible with the Steam release, but maybe BetterSADX could act as a bridge - either way, it manages to fix some of the problems the Steam version has with Chao colouration and gets it to do what the PC version does, even if the shiny jewels still aren't transparent as usual. Both of the Sonic Adventure games have a large difference in Chao Garden geometry between their Dreamcast releases and ports, but the way objects behave in SA2DC seem to be largely similar to how they do in all versions of SA2B.

SA2 seems to have gotten a significantly smaller amount of DLC than its prequel. Maybe it was because of how it came out so close to the end of the Dreamcast's lifespan or how SA2B came out barely half a year later, but only the downloadable kart racing tracks seem to have been anywhere close to what SA1's fields and stages got. Either way, it seems like people have had a way easier time figuring out the deal with SA1's models than they have with SA2's and ripping them.

I have no clue if there are any other .PVR textures for anything else in SA2 that suffers the same problem, but the child Chao and Hero Chao textures' dependence on .PVPs for their palettes makes them an absolute nightmare to try and find their raw versions. MainMemory says the reliance on external palette files is why Puyo Tools and the various programs in SA Tools completely fail to produce those fifteen .PVRs when al_body is extracted - that .PVM editor one whatever it's called freaks out if you refuse to open a .PVP after loading al_body. The game uses the white in most Chao body textures for transparency, which is why the grey and black twotones just look like darkened versions of the white twotones, which in turn produce Hero Chao that cannot be distinguished visually from the normal twotone ones and Neutral and Dark Chao whose appearances and colours are identical to what their raw textures look like in al_body.

Speaking of which, I have no clue what the game does to alter the highlights for the various twotones, along with how to choose the base colours of the various coloured Chao or even the normal-coloured ones, though I know at least that the twotone and shiny attributes work as layers using the various files in al_body over the Chao models' various body parts. I really don't know what the porting team did to screw up the shiny twotones and turn them into bright Chao considering how chao_rare00 or whatever the .PVR is called is just seemingly supposed to act like a Photoshop blend mode and tint the stuff below it.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Bubblebeam »

DarkyBenji wrote:
Bubblebeam wrote:I gathered there must have been a good reason if it wasn't done yet (if ever).

Not easy at all, it's really confusing, even i edit the wrong object sometime
and what's with big circle flower ? you prefer the keep the purple but remove the red on that do the circle ? or reduce it ?
i can change it for the next update if you want :heroblink:
The entire group of flowers below Tails here. It would look better if the flora were more scattered and random like in the neutral garden, though of course that's just my opinion.

chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

azureprism wrote:text you posted but was real long and would have just artificially filled the page if I actually quoted it
Better SADX does work as a bridge, actually. Lets me play with some of the Dreamcast mods and some others, but I haven't played or updated in a while.

As far as extracting SA2's models, the format is still just considered a cryptic mess as far as I know, which is the biggest block on ripping anything from them. I'd also say SADX has the advantage of being a higher target for modding since 2004 and didn't have much competition until roughly 2011 for PC Sonic games.

I'm also going to assume the 2012 port team was just some people Sega hired out of the blue, and then gave them the original tools, vague instructions, and an unpacked copy of the GC version files.

- - -
chao guy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by chao guy »

Hey, I have this very odd problem, it's a small thing but it really bugs me, the lighting for some of the actual stages don't work correctly, mainly ones that are dark, with some bright areas. The best example i can give is Iron Gate, it's the most noticeable there, i might be wrong though, but it's the level i use to grind Chaos Drives, and on the GC (GameCube) version, it was dark, but with the Chao World Extended mod on PC, it made it very bright. Not "OH GOD MY EYES" bright, but it was defiantly not dark as it was supposed to be, not close, if there's a fix for this please tell me. if it's needed I can get screenshots of the GC version using my Capture Card and the PC + Mods version so you can see and compare for yourself.

Thank you and have a great Day!
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by azureprism »

Is the level still abnormally bright on the vanilla version of the game, or just with CWE installed?
chao guy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by chao guy »

azureprism wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:05 am Is the level still abnormally bright on the vanilla version of the game, or just with CWE installed?
after i installed CWE
chaoegg
Egg
Egg
Motto:

Post by chaoegg »

I lov this mod so MUCH !!!! it saved my life
when I found out you can play w/ chao online
& then I found this mod & was overjoyed ty !! :chaohappy:
🎀 :herosurprise: 🎀
niv127
Egg
Egg

Post by niv127 »

someone can explain to me how the time/weather work?
when its need to change?
Nessie
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Nessie »

Is it possible to have green/blue/red screen chao garden backgrounds for chromakeying?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

^

Yes.

The game's normal lighting throws some things off though, but as you can see it only affects the ground and not the sky.

But just from messing around, the Shadow chao in the picture is actually completely separate from the ground except for its eyes.

- - -