[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Rhapsody
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.3.2 : New Challenge Race! (fixed)

Post by Rhapsody »

DarkyBenji wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:Thanks for these cool mods DarkyBenji. I just bought the SA2 for PC and I wanted to know what type of laptops can use chao world extended?
what do you mean "what type of laptops can use chao world extended" ?
along you can run SA2PC without lag, you can run chao world extended
I mean what type of labtop models. My labtop is a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC. I just wanted to make sure that my old laptop can handle the mod with my SA2 game.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Just try playing the normal SA2 without the mod. If a play through City Escape (or Iron Gate) goes fine, then the rest of the game, including the mod, should run fine.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Rhapsody
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Rhapsody »

chaoadventures wrote:Just try playing the normal SA2 without the mod. If a play through City Escape (or Iron Gate) goes fine, then the rest of the game, including the mod, should run fine.
Oh, ok :herosurprise: I checked it out and the game works fine. :darkhappy: I used the starlight lobby and it worked.
Image I used fusion to edit my first chao Comet! I don't think the HD works but everything else pretty much does.
MsXBlackRose
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by MsXBlackRose »

I have a question.

I downloaded this mod and it works perfect. No problems except for 1... when I want the time to go faster (Fusion chao editor) i cant get the time under the 30. Is this fixeble? If not, is there a download link for a older version of this mod. Because i never had this problem before I started playing the newest version. :thinking:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

MsXBlackRose wrote:I have a question.

I downloaded this mod and it works perfect. No problems except for 1... when I want the time to go faster (Fusion chao editor) i cant get the time under the 30. Is this fixeble? If not, is there a download link for a older version of this mod. Because i never had this problem before I started playing the newest version. :thinking:
because of more action and animation added to the game
set the time way faster than 30 can give a high chance to crash (especially after save/leave)

i can give you the solution to remove it, but use it risky
Spoiler:
open Codes.xml
go to line ~39460, that tiny code should look like this

Code: Select all

<CodeLine>
      <Type>ifltequ16</Type>
      <Address>01312DE4</Address>
      <Value>29</Value>
      <ValueType>decimal</ValueType>
      <TrueLines>
        <CodeLine>
          <Type>write16</Type>
          <Address>01312DE4</Address>
          <Value>30</Value>
          <ValueType>decimal</ValueType>
        </CodeLine>
      </TrueLines>
    </CodeLine>
delete this and save, open modloader save again (save and play) then you should go under 30
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
DarkSlayer2025
Egg
Egg

Post by DarkSlayer2025 »

wait, do I need the battle dlc in order to play? :thinking:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

DarkSlayer2025 wrote:wait, do I need the battle dlc in order to play? :thinking:
No.
DarkSlayer2025
Egg
Egg

Post by DarkSlayer2025 »

DarkyBenji wrote:
DarkSlayer2025 wrote:wait, do I need the battle dlc in order to play? :thinking:
No.
it says Data_DLL.dll couldn't be found :(
Kyle5482
Egg
Egg

Post by Kyle5482 »

Hello, awesome Mod! I just downloaded it last night and it's my first time Modding so I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions. I seem to be having some issues making many of the codes appear. Most of the "Bonus codes". I only get the main game, time, other, race, and detail + lighting codes. None of the chao raising codes.

Another thing is I'm having an issue launching the game in full screen (this is also my first time on steam). It crashed after the sonic team logo, but runs fine on windowed mode. I downloaded the c++ in x64 and x84, I didn't do the arm, although when downloaded and ran, no installer even comes up.

Do lobbies force you to use the matching gardens? And lastly is super sonic playable in the garden? Sorry to ask so many questions, but thank you in advanced!
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Kyle5482 wrote:Hello, awesome Mod! I just downloaded it last night and it's my first time Modding so I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions. I seem to be having some issues making many of the codes appear. Most of the "Bonus codes". I only get the main game, time, other, race, and detail + lighting codes. None of the chao raising codes.

Another thing is I'm having an issue launching the game in full screen (this is also my first time on steam). It crashed after the sonic team logo, but runs fine on windowed mode. I downloaded the c++ in x64 and x84, I didn't do the arm, although when downloaded and ran, no installer even comes up.

Do lobbies force you to use the matching gardens? And lastly is super sonic playable in the garden? Sorry to ask so many questions, but thank you in advanced!
the other codes are in codes.xml, you have to extract it to mods folder too

did you run the setup on admin ? you should search on the internet of why you don't have installer comes up when you want to install a Microsoft Visual

and yes there texture garden for each lobby pack, you can't have a lobby custom texture only
but with garden pack you can "choose" the garden you want for the lobby you select

example : shrine garden, night garden and volcano garden in gallery lobby
DarkSlayer2025 wrote: it says Data_DLL.dll couldn't be found :(
did you extract SA2modloader and stuff in Sonic Adventure 2 folder ? (where you have sonic2app.exe and other folder like ressource)
Kyle5482
Egg
Egg

Post by Kyle5482 »

DarkyBenji wrote:
Kyle5482 wrote:Hello, awesome Mod! I just downloaded it last night and it's my first time Modding so I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions. I seem to be having some issues making many of the codes appear. Most of the "Bonus codes". I only get the main game, time, other, race, and detail + lighting codes. None of the chao raising codes.

the other codes are in codes.xml, you have to extract it to mods folder too

did you run the setup on admin ? you should search on the internet of why you don't have installer comes up when you want to install a Microsoft Visual

and yes there texture garden for each lobby pack, you can't have a lobby custom texture only
but with garden pack you can "choose" the garden you want for the lobby you select

example : shrine garden, night garden and volcano garden in gallery lobby
DarkSlayer2025 wrote: it says Data_DLL.dll couldn't be found :(
did you extract SA2modloader and stuff in Sonic Adventure 2 folder ? (where you have sonic2app.exe and other folder like ressource)
I have the codes.dat and codes.xml in the root of the mods folder, but I still don't have chao raising codes like "never die".
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Kyle5482 wrote:I have the codes.dat and codes.xml in the root of the mods folder, but I still don't have chao raising codes like "never die".
extract codes.dat and codes.xml from chao world extended zip and put it to your mods folder again, you should have them
Kyle5482
Egg
Egg

Post by Kyle5482 »

DarkyBenji wrote:
Kyle5482 wrote:I have the codes.dat and codes.xml in the root of the mods folder, but I still don't have chao raising codes like "never die".
extract codes.dat and codes.xml from chao world extended zip and put it to your mods folder again, you should have them
That worked, thanks! Also are monster evolutions immediate after reaching 2k+ in a stat, or gradual? I'm trying to recreate the presumed grey fly/fly monster chao from the "normal chao make colored chao" images; and after reaching 2000 in the fly stat, nothing's changed and I'm not sure if it's because I didn't get lucky or haven't waited long enough.

Edit - Also does having certain or too many codes crash the garden more often? SA2 never crashes, but while I'm in the garden, it crashes every now and again, most often when changing locations. All I can say is it crashes often, even upon loading the chao garden.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Kyle5482 wrote:That worked, thanks! Also are monster evolutions immediate after reaching 2k+ in a stat, or gradual? I'm trying to recreate the presumed grey fly/fly monster chao from the "normal chao make colored chao" images; and after reaching 2000 in the fly stat, nothing's changed and I'm not sure if it's because I didn't get lucky or haven't waited long enough.

Edit - Also does having certain or too many codes crash the garden more often? SA2 never crashes, but while I'm in the garden, it crashes every now and again, most often when changing locations. All I can say is it crashes often, even upon loading the chao garden.
For second evolution :

it's all about Evolution and Stat Influence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uWDijgJpDc

well if you want a monster hero/fly/fly, be sure that your chao second evolution fly is fully complete
(give 20-40 fly or 40-80 chaos drive to be 100% sure to be sure that the fly/swim balance is fully fly)
and your chao stats must be over 2000 on fly

wait ~2 minutes ingame and it boom your chao will become monster

this is one of the hardest code to use, so i can understand that you can't make it work

for you edit message :
what codes and mods did you enable ? i know some people got problem of crash and lag because the pc can't handle the mod "Chao HD"
Yimoo
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Yimoo »

Excuse me...I wanna to download the Garden Pack,but it is failed.
I can download in the MEGAcloud,but then it can't save in my computer.
What's wrong with it? :herocry:
Hiltonium
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Hiltonium »

Yimoo wrote:Excuse me...I wanna to download the Garden Pack,but it is failed.
Huh, that's weird. Seems to be working for me. Do you get any kind of error message when you try to download?
Yimoo
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Yimoo »

Hiltonium wrote:
Yimoo wrote:Excuse me...I wanna to download the Garden Pack,but it is failed.
Huh, that's weird. Seems to be working for me. Do you get any kind of error message when you try to download?
After downloading from MEGACloud,it jumps out a window tells me to download,but then the download was failed . It won't work by using other download tools. Perhaps it's because I'm in China's network ?
Hiltonium
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Hiltonium »

Yimoo wrote: After downloading from MEGACloud,it jumps out a window tells me to download,but then the download was failed . It won't work by using other download tools. Perhaps it's because I'm in China's network ?
I bet that might be it. I'd recommend trying out a VPN.

Here's a good, free one:
https://zenmate.com/

And here's the one I use. It costs money, but it's worth it, and is better than ZenMate, IMO:
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/
Yimoo
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Yimoo »

Hiltonium wrote:
Yimoo wrote: After downloading from MEGACloud,it jumps out a window tells me to download,but then the download was failed . It won't work by using other download tools. Perhaps it's because I'm in China's network ?
I bet that might be it. I'd recommend trying out a VPN.

Here's a good, free one:
https://zenmate.com/

And here's the one I use. It costs money, but it's worth it, and is better than ZenMate, IMO:
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/
OK!Thank you! :chaohappy:
Domobot
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Domobot »

Hello, swung by here to say that I'm really enjoying this mod. :) If I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to give the Tiny Chao Garden fruits a name and a price, and add them to the normal store rotation? I want to use them but I'd feel guilty seeing as they're free, not to mention only accessible with a code.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Domobot wrote:Hello, swung by here to say that I'm really enjoying this mod. :) If I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to give the Tiny Chao Garden fruits a name and a price, and add them to the normal store rotation? I want to use them but I'd feel guilty seeing as they're free, not to mention only accessible with a code.
sadly for the moment there's not way to edit more the black market data for add name/price to GBA fruit (and maybe more item)
Cosmic199X
Egg
Egg
Motto: Interactive Cyber Attack Simulator: The Movie: The Game

Post by Cosmic199X »

When I try to download the Lobby Pack, it just sends me to a blank page, and nothing else happens. Is there any way to fix this?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Cosmic199X wrote:When I try to download the Lobby Pack, it just sends me to a blank page, and nothing else happens. Is there any way to fix this?
weird it work for me
Onsokumaru
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Klaatu barada nikto

Post by Onsokumaru »

Love this mod just hope the shiny original chao color can be fixed
wingwisher
Egg
Egg

Post by wingwisher »

This is a truly brilliant mod, and I apologize if this has been asked but I couldn't find an answer, but is there a way to have both the "mixing colors" code active as well as the mod "Sonic adventure 2: the new challengers"? Each, as far as I can tell, requires a different version of the sonic2app.exe to launch properly, and I'd really like to be able to play them in tandem