Chao Editor Redux

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Zeo-san
Child Chao
Child Chao

Chao Editor Redux

Post by Zeo-san »

Should I worry about using chao editor redux for my PS3 version of SA2's Chao save data?

I know Chao Editor Redux works with both PS3 and Xbox360 and people are using it to get jewel chao plus possibly Tails, Amy, and Knuckles chao.

I've recently downloaded it, and for some reasons, my Norton Internet Security keep detecting it to have a virus, and keep removing the file. (said it have "Suspicious.Cloud.9" or something like that)

Like I said in first sentence... should I worry about that?

Please help me if you're good with modding save datas and have had experiences with chao data editor. Thank you!
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Chao Editor Redux

Post by Crash32 »

The author of the editor posted in here.

He seems to know what he's talking about, so I doubt there's anything intentionally malicious in there. Several others seemed to have used it fine.

Also Norton lol
Emerald Lance
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Emerald Lance »

Sorry for the late response. I haven't had an internet connection in months. ^-^;

To answer your question, there shouldn't be any malware in the package. I know I certainly didn't pack any in there. But sometimes anti-virus software will mistake it for a virus because of how it works (that its to say, it edits another file, which could potentially be dangerous but in this case is not). Norton seems to be the one that picks it up the most. I promise: if you got the editor from 360 Haven or from one of my posts, then it will be clean.

That said, I should also inform you that the editor is long since abandoned. I've lost the source code and my 360, so I won't be making anymore updates. Its ability to mod SA2 chao saves should work for both PS3 and 360, but the ability to mod SA1 chao saves is incomplete and non-functional. Add to that, you can only edit the very first chao spawned.
SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan, wrote:"I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
--Gamefaqs.com
Zeo-san
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Zeo-san »

Hi Emerald, I apologize for a late response as well.

I recently got into PS3 chao garden for SA2 again... It's good to know that chaos redux is safe to use and I will be messing with it for a bit to see if I can get a chao that is a 'purebred' jewel, so I can use it for breeding purpose to produce more of the special 'glow' chao that was never seen before.

Edited:: Also... I tried looking for PS3 Bruteforce save data downloads but every download link I found is down and I can't seem to find any good ones.
Emerald Lance
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Emerald Lance »

Unfortunately, my tool doesn't edit the genetics. This is a little embarrassing, but I didn't even know about chao genetics when I was coding the program. Sadly, this means any changes you make to the chao will only be cosmetic; if you turn a green chao into a gold chao, it will still have green babies. If you'd like, post your PS3 save to mediafire and PM the link to me with the changes you'd like to see. I can't promise that I'll get it done fast, but I will get it done. ;)
SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan, wrote:"I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
--Gamefaqs.com