SA2 Battle Network: Chao World Online

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

SA2 Battle Network: Chao World Online

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Our childhood dreams has finally came after all these years :darkcry:
Yes thats right its Online chao world!

Me and my fellow friend DarkyBenji (Creator of Chao World Extended) have found out a way to make chao world online.
Now how did we do such a thing? Well it wasn't ONLY us. We combined the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Network with the code in chao world extended "2 Players in chao world beta" to make this! (Credits to SonicFreak94 for the battle network and anyone who helped)

How to play
Spoiler:
First you must have the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Network: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31932
(all details and information how to setup is shown there)

Second, you must have the mod Chao World Extended. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=45060

Once you have setup the battle network mod now its time for the online chao world part.

Now before you decided to hop on in, we suggest taking the chao of the person you would wish to play with and put it in one save.
If you don't already know how to share chao, read this: http://chao-studios.tumblr.com/post/101 ... hao-online

Now combine a fair share of both your chao and the other persons chao.

(your chao in one garden, the other persons chao in another garden and 4 of your chao in one garden and 4 of their chao in one garden)

If you don't already know how to make a separate save read this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... ideModal=1

Once you have finished creating your save, upload it somewhere (like dropbox or mediafire) and send the download link to the person you wish to play online with.
Make sure both you guys are using the same save.

Now its time to "configure" it :walkto:

Now open SA2 Mod Manager and check off "SA2 Battle Network". Both you and the person you wish to play with must have the same mods (texture mods don't matter) and codes on. "2 Players in chao world beta" Must be on or else you can't do online chao world.

When both of you are connected in the battle room go on any mode (random will crash you) and select the characters you wish to be.
Make sure you take off the time limit. Now as explained in the chao world extended topic, click any "Level 1" stage to enter the chao world then you will appear in the chao lobby.

Now you are finished! But like everything, there is still a few bugs.
Bug List
Spoiler:
Cannot pick up any chao/object (Fixed)

This bug has been fixed, sort of. You can now pick up things in the chao garden with an extreme less chance to crash (you can still crash but it's very rare now.) However since the save isn't synced the chao you and a friend is picking up is different on each screen. This is still being fixed as time goes on.

• Latency

If your racing in chao race of battling in chao karate certain chao may do different things in different screens.
EXAMPLE: When racing in chao race, a chao may trip on your screen but on the other persons screen the chao did not trip. This causes someone to win on their screen but on your screen they did not. When Battling in chao karate a chao may doge a hit on your screen but on another persons screen they didn't which can also cause different wins. If this happens make sure you tell your friend via steam chat if you won and ask if you won on their screen too. If two people won consider it a draw and rematch them again.

• Different time different location.

When in one of the chao gardens, chao will appear in different places at different times for both people.
EXAMPLE: You may be seeing a chao sleep but on the other persons screen that chao may be eating. This can effect chao race and chao karate because one person may be in the menu but you are still in the match. (you may also notice that the other person is sliding around a lot in the garden, we are not sure about this but its safe to assume lag.)
Well I think that just about wraps everything up here. If you have questions about this please message me or DarkyBenji.

I've also recorded a video of chao world online. If your interested click the link below.

Chao World Online Video:

http://youtu.be/xg94DbQ4vGc

Hope you all enjoy.
Last edited by ChaoGardenBuster on Fri May 06, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: Chao World Online

Post by DarkyBenji »

so basically, the chao garden online is atleast playable but you can't do anything except pet your chao or hurt your friends

notice in the video, chaogardenbuster lag a little compared to me (so my game is faster than his game) which is why we got some problem like wrong chao selected, or bad synchro in race (if i boost my chao at the beginning of the race, he will not see because he's still at the intro)

so if you play with friend online and both of you run sa2b without lag/slowdown, the chao world online should work better

it's still not what we 100% wanted, but atleast we're getting close to chao race/karate online
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Re: SA2 Battle Network: Chao World Online

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Hey guys! It's been awhile but I got some updates for you all and so does the mod. Download newest version here.

So basically, some connection issues has been fixed. Now if you disconnect the game will try its hardest to connect back and it works pretty well! No more restarting every time a disconnect happens. You can also now set a password for your room. This feature is probably used for future reasons as the creator mentions the "Master Sever" as a near update later on. Lots of sync has been updated and polished up. The other player moves around a lot more smoothly and hardly any delay lag. You can also now play treasure hunter and shooter battles!

Now lets get to the chao!

In this screenshot, we can see someone picked up a chao. In the older version, that would crash it, and it still does but now it's very rare to happen. Just take note due to the chao not being synced when a player picks up a chao it'll probably be different on your screen or it may not be anything at all.

It's still not perfect, but we're getting closer and closer. As chao is planned in the mod and the "Master Sever" maybe where you can choose friends to invite/join through the leaderboard. Or just face randoms on the sever. That's all, let the chao community grow!