Reverting PC Chao save data into PS3?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Zeo-san
Child Chao
Child Chao

Reverting PC Chao save data into PS3?

Post by Zeo-san »

I am trying to find a way to modify not only the texture/color/shiny/looks on a Chao but rather... Also modifying their genetic to Chao would have the jewel genetic which can result in transparent Chao (or as we know in PC, PS3, and Xbox360... More unique type of 'glow' Chao).

I do wonder though... Is there any ways I can convert the PC save data into the PS3 data so I can use data to play with Chao on PS3 and to test the breeding results with jewel Chao.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Re: Reverting PC Chao save data into PS3?

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

You could try putting your "SONIC2B_ALF" (chao garden save file for sonic adventure 2 battle) on to a USB and then putting it in your PS3. But you'll have to find some way to put the save file where it belongs in sa2b on your PS3 and I am sure there is programs of some sort to allow you to search files/place files in your PS3. In case you don't know where your chao garden save file is on your PC, its:
C:\Program Files (x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>Sonic Adventure 2>resource>gd_PC>SAVEDATA
Make sure you make a copy of your save because transferring sa2b saves between PC and PS3 is untested
Emerald Lance
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Reverting PC Chao save data into PS3?

Post by Emerald Lance »

It's possible, and in fact far far far easier than converting a PC save to work on the 360 (both PC and PS3 are written in little endian while 360 is written in big endian), though not as easy as simply placing the PC file on a USB drive. It would require a PS3 save package that already has a SA2 chao save within it and is signed to your PS account, the ability to bypass PS3 save encryption as well as rewrite it (PS3 Bruteforce does this well), some basic understanding of hex editing (as you'd likely need to remove the header and footer of the file), and possibly a way to rehash the actual save itself (my 360 chao editor does this for the 360 version but I haven't tested with the PS3 version). There was a thread earlier where somebody actually was able to transfer their PC save to the GCN version; you'd likely need to follow those same steps except for PS3 saves instead of GCN ones.
SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan, wrote:"I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
--Gamefaqs.com