How do you hack Sonic Advance 2 on GBA

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
VileplumeGamer
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

How do you hack Sonic Advance 2 on GBA

Post by VileplumeGamer »

i simply want to get rings for a gem egg/chao anyone know what i can use?
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: How do you hack Sonic Advance 2 on GBA

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Unless you cheated to unlock the TCG early or uploaded all of your rings to Gamecube, you should already have a **** ton of rings by the time you get good enough to unlock the TCg and be able to pick up multiple thousands during a casual play through. That said, assuming you are actually using a GBA, the easiest method for hacking more rings would be to use a GameShark or Action Replay cheat for infinite rings, which if it doesn't come preloaded, should be trivial to find via Google(just type in Sonic Advance 2 and the name of your cheat device).
VileplumeGamer
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by VileplumeGamer »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:Unless you cheated to unlock the TCG early or uploaded all of your rings to Gamecube, you should already have a **** ton of rings by the time you get good enough to unlock the TCg and be able to pick up multiple thousands during a casual play through. That said, assuming you are actually using a GBA, the easiest method for hacking more rings would be to use a GameShark or Action Replay cheat for infinite rings, which if it doesn't come preloaded, should be trivial to find via Google(just type in Sonic Advance 2 and the name of your cheat device).
i am planning on getting sonic advance 2 for GBA so i didnt know you had to unlock it? how do you unlock TCG? if u have to finish the game can you link me a cheap GBA gameshark on ebay?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

^ The process is annoying. You have to get all the Chaos Emeralds with one of the playable characters.
To get the emeralds, you have to get the 7 Special Rings in each stage, then you have to play the Special Stage. Expect time-consuming frustration.
I did it, and I never want to do it again. My consistent recommendation for anyone who just wants the Tiny Chao Garden (Not the main game), is to get Sonic Advance 1.

A Google search gave me these codes for an Action Replay though.
Spoiler:
Master Code (Just use this to use the rest of the codes.):

Code: Select all

95b449f2 58f3a8d5
528f7774 1656a5b6
Max Rings:

2afb00f3 c8d9cfa5
Tiny Chao Garden:

dd1b0e67 a823751a
As for a cheap Gameshark/Action Replay... I have no clue. I'd didn't even know they cost so much.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

And to add to the above, you have to collect all 7 special rings in an act EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you want to play a special stage. By the time you're good enough to consistently collect all 7, you're good enough to clear the act without taking damage. Plus, the special stages themselves require you to collect 300 rings within a time limit and are one of the more frustrating styles of special stage accross the entire franchise(you're running around on a plane, getting up to speed is diffficult, steering at speed is difficult, hitting a stage boundary or the one enemy in the stage kills your momentum(and in the case of the enemy, makes you loose rings), and to actually get you're ring count high enough, you have to collect multipliers that only last for a few seconds, and I'm pretty sure the later stages require chaining of these multipliers). On the upside, if you can master the special stages, you can get 999 rings per play of a special stage, and if you know where all the sp rings are, you can play each special stage twice in a single playthrough, but even I'm not that good and I'm still ranked 16th for Advance 2 on The Sonic Center after nearly a decade of inactivity.

Oh, and the entire second half of the game is filled with bottomless pits that you almost have to "git gud" just to beat the game.

Sonic Advance 2 is an awesome game(My favorite of the Advance trilogy and my favorite Sonic game period for Time Attack), but if you just want a Tiny Chao Garden, you're better off getting Advance 1 or Pinball Party.