[SA2PC] Do these mods/codes exist?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Hiltonium
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

[SA2PC] Do these mods/codes exist?

Post by Hiltonium »

So I've recently gotten back into playing Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden, thanks to the Chao World Extended mod on this site. It's working out great so far, but there are a couple of things that bother me about the gameplay, and I would like to know if there are already mods or codes that remove these issues I have. If not, I'll gladly post them as friendly suggestions in the CWE thread.

1. A way to stop your Chao from becoming spoiled. I tend to pet my Chao a lot, so it would be awesome to be able to do so without worrying about my Chao becoming spoiled or getting the "Cry Baby" personality. I would still absolutely love to see the "skipping" animation they perform when they want to be held or petted (maybe that could be turned on/off, as well, for those who don't want it).
2. A way to increase the number of small animals/Chaos Drives you can hold. Only being able to carry 10 of these things at a time is pretty annoying. If the limit was removed, or at least bumped up to a higher number like 30, then I could just go crazy in the levels and collect as many small animals and Chaos Drives as I could. This would be much more enjoyable for me than having to be so selective over them.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Re: [SA2PC] Do these mods/codes exist?

Post by LimitCrown »

Petting your Chao a lot doesn't really have any downsides, so you don't need to worry about your Chao becoming spoiled.

There aren't any existing codes that allow you to increase the number of animals and Chaos Drives that you can carry in stages, as far as I know.
Hiltonium
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Hiltonium »

LimitCrown wrote:Petting your Chao a lot doesn't really have any downsides, so you don't need to worry about your Chao becoming spoiled.
Hmm, really? I have a one-year-old Hero Chao who has had a "Big Eater" personality up until recently. Upon taking the chao to the doctor, I checked the Medical Chart and saw that the chao now has a "Cry Baby" personality. I should also note that upon becoming a Hero Chao, he started doing the skipping animation where he asks to be petted. Plus, the Chao Principal in the game says that it is possible to spoil your chao.

Do the Chao keep their previous personality trait upon switching to Cry Baby? Because I think my chao still eats a lot.

EDIT: I found this GameFaqs thread, which led me to believe the whole spoiling thing to be true. Would somebody please give me more info on this?
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

The Chao's listed personality in the Medical Chart can change for any reason. There are different variables corresponding to certain pairs of personality types, so the Chao could have different personalities. Also, I pet my Chao a lot, but it didn't change the personalities of my Chao to any noticeable extent.

Chao will skip toward any of the characters that they like a lot. If you treated the Chao well with a specific character, then they would grow fond of that character and eventually skip toward them; it doesn't have anything to do with whether your Chao is spoiled.