Information about chao data in vms files

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
jial
Egg
Egg

Information about chao data in vms files

Post by jial »

Hi,

I'm looking for information about how is formed the vms dreamcast file with chao data. I need to know field offset, how is calculated stats, etc.

Aim is create a script to read this data and show it in a web page.

I hope you can help me. Thank you.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Information about chao data in vms files

Post by Crazo3077 »

I'm sorry to say that you might be waiting for quite a while. Not many people have focused on editing the Dreamcast versions of Chao, or at least not many people who are still around.. I myself am not too savvy on this stuff, but I can point you toward something that could help.

http://www.sonic-adventure.com/chao_fun_room.html

That is a copy of the Chao Fun Room from the original Sonic Adventure website. Assuming the necessary data could be hiding somewhere in the copy of the site, you might find some leads. I also have reason to believe that this is what the output looked like:

I'd also advise that this lead helps with Sonic Adventure, but not Sonic Adventure 2. Sonic Adventure 2, for the most part, is the same build as what would become the Gamecube, PC, and other port versions of the Chao Garden. So you might be able to use information about those games to help with Sonic Adventure 2 data, but not the original Sonic Adventure. It has a unique system unlike the later versions.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
jial
Egg
Egg

Re: Information about chao data in vms files

Post by jial »

Thanks for information, I will try that link :)