Chao Mod help

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Cyberus55
Egg
Egg

Chao Mod help

Post by Cyberus55 »

Hi, I'm a rookie within this forum but I was just wondering if anyone had a guide or some sort of help in modding the chao-garden as well as chaos in general within the Dolphin Emulator.
It would be a great help if somebody helped me out on that~ :darkhappy:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Chao Mod help

Post by chaoadventures »

Modding with Dolphin isn't very developed, or rather, it only goes as far as the Action Replay codes made for SADX and SA2B which are pretty simple in nature and ceased production back in like, 2007.

Any of the mods and modding utility stuff we have now like, Fusion's Editor, and Chao World Extended, all the way to the MainMemory's ModLoader, are incompatible with the GC version of SA1 and 2
(therefore Dolphin as well), and everyone who actually cared about modding the GC versions when they were the only option moved on to the PC versions.

The best I can do for you is give you a link to some codes, and tell you that I haven't had much luck with actually activating these codes with Dolphin (or any other SA2B or SADX codes).

If you happen to need to know how to load the codes in the first place, I can help with that too, but not much else.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Cyberus55
Egg
Egg

Post by Cyberus55 »

Thanks for the help, I take it that modding is more or less oriented towards the PC-revamp of SA2.. hehe that's alright I guess.
Cyberus55
Egg
Egg

Post by Cyberus55 »

Still trying to figure out on how to load the codes hahaha :sway:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Okay, assuming your Dolphin doesn't have it SA2B or SADX loaded on start up, I'm gonna start from the beginning.

Basically your Dolphin probably looks something like this when you open it:

FIrst, you need to assign Dolphin some directories. You can do this by going to "Config", then going to "Paths" and clicking "Add".
OR you could just "Double-click here to set a games directory..." Eh.

Then just find where ever you put your SA2B/SADX game file, just like you would if you just pressed "Open".
The file for the game won't actually be there, but just press "Select Folder" once you're where it should be.

Oh look, the game's directory's been loaded. Now all you need to do is Right-Click it, and press "Properties".

This part is way simpler, but just go to "AR Codes", and press "Add", to add your code. You can even give it a name to help if you want a several different codes.

After adding a code, just click on it's checkbox, to well, add a checkmark to it.

Alright! Now next time you boot up a game, the codes should load. Probably. The codes I've tried using with SA2B and SADX haven't worked for me.
But other games like Sonic Colors and Pokemon Colosseum have for me. And some codes are just plain faulty, but you can find others that actually do work.

Also: If your codes still aren't loading, try checking the Basic Settings in "Config" to see if "Enable Cheats" is Enabled as the name implies you can or not.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.