Hacking Chao from the Gamecube games

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Hacking Chao from the Gamecube games

Post by azureprism »

I understand that you can use the homebrew channel on a Wii to copy Gamecube saves to an SD card and then transfer them to a computer, with those being the first steps of porting a Chao from the Gamecube releases of SADX and SA2B to the Steam releases. Would it be easier to alter their stats with a hex editor like you'd do for converting the Chao for the Steam releases before transferring the altered file back to the memory card, or would it be easier to hack them from the Tiny Chao Garden either through a Gameshark or transferring the save data of one of the Sonic games with the TCG to a computer with the help of a flashcart or whatever device is used to transfer saves from GBA carts to a computer?

I have a couple of Chaos Chao that I made because I fell for the three lives maximum rumour when I was a kid, and I was hoping to change them into other types so they can start reincarnating and growing normally again.