Change garden background music?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Change garden background music?

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

I don't like the Dark Garden too much (I never use it for anything other than storage) so I'm trying to "makeover" it to make it into a nicer, neutral garden. Planning on using ChaoGardenBuster's mods to change the textures in the garden for a start, but is there a way/mod to change the background music?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Change garden background music?

Post by chaoadventures »

Yeah actually. The game's music is stored in .adx files, and I think all of it is stored in "Sonic Adventure 2/resource/gd_PC/ADX" .

The name for each garden's theme is:

Dark Garden: "chao_g_bgm_d.adx"
Neutral Garden: "chao_g_bgm_n.adx"
Hero Garden: "chao_g_bgm_h.adx"

Oddly enough, I don't know where the music for SADX's garden music is because these files are still in the cluttered GC file directory, and I simply can't find the one SADX uses instead.

However, making .adx files isn't something I know much about though.

I usually just extract the .adx files from other games (primarily Sega games, but some other games like DBZ Budokai use them and it's often shown on the game's startup).
Or you can also download ones from Smash Custom Music.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: Change garden background music?

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

Looks like it's working, thanks dude. :chaohappy: