Chao Viewer 1.2 [2/3/2018]

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 1 year and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Justin113D
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Chao Viewer 1.2 [2/3/2018]

Post by Justin113D »

ImageHey there guys, its me, Justin113D!

If you've read my other topic about the chao viewer progress, you probably know what this is, but for the others: It's a program i made in Unity, to view all the (non shiny/jewel) chao that are possible!
I also built in a custom color feature, so that everybody can create the chao they like. Here are all the menu listed up:
Spoiler:
the overlay, with all the menus. here you can select one of the menus. when hovering over one menu, the menu name will appear, so dont worry getting confused
the little bar at the bottom is to rotate your chao, so you can look at it from all angles

the stat menu! here you can set your chao, and see it changing. the different buttons on the bottoms are for each evolution line, and since the viewer is using my own mathematical system, it can show more combinations than possible (and the old evolutions are also makeable). Also, the chao are using HD textures, which i made myself (except one, which i wasnt able to do, so a friend of mine made it)

the type menu, in which you can set the color of the chao and wether it should be monotone! these chao also exist in the actual game, so (most of them) will look as if you have them from the game

the custom color menu is the first feature, in which you can set every color of the chao. tho it might take some time getting into it, you can make very cool colour combinations!

an example of how the chao can look like:
metal overlord chao :D

the face menu isnt just for the face, but also the emotion balls. Not only can you set the emotionball as you want, you can also stack them!

the options menu, with many thing:
the background color, which is a hex code
free stat mode, which will unlock the stats, so they wont adjust themselves anymore
free mouth mode, with which you can set the side texture and the middle texture of the mouth to make more combinations
tilted halo, which is enabled by default, to make the hero emotion ball look a bit more 3d (youll see what i mean when trying it out)

and last but not least, the saving system! there you can set the location of the folder (the standard location will be displayed, which will be used when not having your own written down) where you wanna save your chao, so you can take the files and share them with friends!

New in V1.1:
now adding a lot of new decoration possibilites, like animal parts, hats and medals!
i hope that you will enjoy my little programm :D since its made with unity, i was able to make it for pc (should be working on every type of computer, if not contact me) and Android! This way you can make your chao everywhere you are (as long as you have an android phone).

Update 1.1:
- New decorations menu, adding Animal parts (from SA2B AND SADX) and hats & medals
- New Chao type (shiny, jewel, bright)
- Better Color and morph math (morphing from one evolution to another looks more precise and better than before)
- few bugfixes

update 1.1.1 & 1.1.2:
- more bug fixes

update 1.2:
- now available for Mac
- Importing chao from Sonic adventure 2 now possible (simply put your .chao file into the folder with your other chao files)
- Twitter information
- tiny bug fixes

The download links:
PC 64x: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lh3l9aub ... .2_64x.zip
PC 32x: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xf0rgd19t ... .2_32x.zip
android: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xooeqjq3b ... d_V1.2.zip
Mac: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i6tm21b9k ... c_V1.2.zip

Sincerely Justin113D
Last edited by Justin113D on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
chimchim48
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: owo

Re: Chao Viewer 1.0 Released!

Post by chimchim48 »

YOOOOOOOOOOOO This Orca is HYPED
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

great job
probably the best way to see how chao look before make a custom texture of the chao skin or made it ingame
:surprise:
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

This is magnificent. I think the menu system can be improved on but overall it's so cool! People have been waiting for something like this.

Would you consider putting this on the official Android Play Store? I can help you out with this all if you like, just drop me a PM or Discord.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Justin113D
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Justin113D »

Mooncow wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:38 am This is magnificent. I think the menu system can be improved on but overall it's so cool! People have been waiting for something like this.

Would you consider putting this on the official Android Play Store? I can help you out with this all if you like, just drop me a PM or Discord.
tho theres the little problem that i have no idea wether i am even allowed to do this, since all rights are reserved for sega. i didnt wanna risk it, so i only made it downloadable via mediafire
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Justin113D wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:46 pmtho theres the little problem that i have no idea wether i am even allowed to do this, since all rights are reserved for sega. i didnt wanna risk it, so i only made it downloadable via mediafire
It's a fair point, I'll look into it properly and will contact you. Generally as long as they are not for profit (no ads, purchase fee) it should be fine.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

this looks real neat but it's annoying to look at the screenshots because you get this when you try to take a closer look
i don't speak german but i think it has something to do with adblock? anyway as soon as you click on the site it opens a popup even with adblock on
Justin113D
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Justin113D »

eblu wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:43 am this looks real neat but it's annoying to look at the screenshots because you get this when you try to take a closer look
i don't speak german but i think it has something to do with adblock? anyway as soon as you click on the site it opens a popup even with adblock on
oof, yeah, sorry, didnt find any better uploading source. Its just an ad (asking for donations, yes i am german), just klick the corner left button, and the window will go away
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

I wish I could use it. It appears to only run on 64-bit and I have 32-bit. It would be an incredibly useful tool when I do Chao videos!
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Justin113D
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Justin113D »

UltimaNumber255 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:34 am I wish I could use it. It appears to only run on 64-bit and I have 32-bit. It would be an incredibly useful tool when I do Chao videos!
Alright, with the next update (not long till release) i will make a 32 bit version of it :wink:
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Re: Chao Viewer 1.1.2 [1/14/2018]

Post by Pratzelwurm »

*emerges from my indefinite hiatus* YO THIS IS LIT
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
izzyychao
Egg
Egg

Post by izzyychao »

this is so excellent!! would you ever consider releasing on mac/ios?? im on love with this project but only have apple products...
Justin113D
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Justin113D »

izzyychao wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:51 pm this is so excellent!! would you ever consider releasing on mac/ios?? im on love with this project but only have apple products...
it should work on mac, but for apple-phones unfortunately it probably wouldnt work, since i am not allowed to upload this to the appstore/playstore (at least i think that i'm not allowed, since, you know, not my property and stuff). Also since apple is somewhat weird, they decided for some reason that people need a mac to upload to the appstore, and i dont have a mac, so i wouldnt be able to upload either way
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Post by quartzlcc »

Justin113D wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:55 am
izzyychao wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:51 pm this is so excellent!! would you ever consider releasing on mac/ios?? im on love with this project but only have apple products...
it should work on mac,
>it should work on Mac
>file is a .exe
>lol

Dang, I'd love to give this application a try. Ahh well, maybe one day. :)
Justin113D wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:55 amAlso since apple is somewhat weird, they decided for some reason that people need a mac to upload to the appstore, and i dont have a mac, so i wouldnt be able to upload either way
Yea that sounds like typical Apple. >_>
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
Justin113D
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Justin113D »

quartzlcc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:37 pm >it should work on Mac
>file is a .exe
>lol
I have no idea how macs work, thought they used exe too >.> After looking what mac's actually use, i uploaded a mac version too, enjoy :D
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Post by quartzlcc »

Justin113D wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:57 amI have no idea how macs work, thought they used exe too >.> After looking what mac's actually use, i uploaded a mac version too, enjoy :D
It works! Huzzah!! Props on such a quick addition. Thank you, I love it.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Re: Chao Viewer 1.2 [2/3/2018]

Post by UltimaNumber »

Finally got it to work for me! As I was playing with it, you've done a fantastic job of replicating all the various forms of Chao so far! I've found just 1 error so far though, the youngest form of the unevolved Dark Chao's color is a bit wrong, it shouldn't be the exact same as it grows. For further explanation, all I can give you is a clear picture (and know that I look at it, you might want to consider comparing pictures that don't have anything covering any part of their bodies, unless you're actually analyzing the code of either game): https://ultimanumber255.deviantart.com/ ... -489089972

I'm sorry, I don't know how to post pictures and have them appear here as the picture and not a link
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Justin113D
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Justin113D »

UltimaNumber255 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:12 pm Finally got it to work for me! As I was playing with it, you've done a fantastic job of replicating all the various forms of Chao so far! I've found just 1 error so far though, the youngest form of the unevolved Dark Chao's color is a bit wrong, it shouldn't be the exact same as it grows. For further explanation, all I can give you is a clear picture (and know that I look at it, you might want to consider comparing pictures that don't have anything covering any part of their bodies, unless you're actually analyzing the code of either game): https://ultimanumber255.deviantart.com/ ... -489089972

I'm sorry, I don't know how to post pictures and have them appear here as the picture and not a link
Yeah i see what you mean, i will fix it some time, thanks for noticing me!
Rhapsody
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Rhapsody »

This app is cool! I'm especially loving the custom color option. How exactly do you import your chao to SA2B though? Is there a tutorial somewhere? :thinking:
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

I can't get it to run. :cry:
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
Justin113D
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Justin113D »

Rhapsody wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 pm This app is cool! I'm especially loving the custom color option. How exactly do you import your chao to SA2B though? Is there a tutorial somewhere? :thinking:
Just put it into your folder with your other chao viewer files, that will do it
Justin113D
Chao Artist
Chao Artist

Post by Justin113D »

FrankT wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:37 am I can't get it to run. :cry:
really? maybe you have a 32x pc and tried the 64x version. Maybe it's something different, which version did you try? will check that then
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

No, I have a 64x. And I tried both versions. It might be something to do with the fact that my computer has problems with Unity.
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

This is fantastic, I love it!

Also, it's a good thing you chose to use a solid-color background, because now I can easily make transparent images of my creations, like so:
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Goodbye-m8
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Post by Goodbye-m8 »

Honestly i love this application it makes experimenting with how a chao would look so much more easier for me.