Chao Island! Adventure - Chapter 9, IT'S BACK!

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Favourite character

Minty \(*o*\)
18%
Wacky \(owo\)
9%
Omelet \(v_v\)
27%
Choco \(^u^\)
18%
Twiddle \(@v@\)
9%
Smudge \(' v ')/
18%

Total votes: 11

mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Re: Chao Island! Adventure (CI!AUFest) - Chapter 4 is UP

Post by mintdrop »

apologies if i offend anyone with this post :3

Code: Select all

BOSS 2: JMTSHAW
PLAYER: CHOCO
Choco had volunteered to fight the MOD JmTsHaW. She had disliked him from a while ago and she was in a new area; and that meant new attacking powers. She hadn't been able to express them just yet though as there weren't any chances to attack. She took a stance and glared menacingly as her least favourite mod and he grinned back at her with a taunting smile. He set up a border around him and Choco and the ground rose immediately; there were in a 20m long dome and it was high in the ship and lit up. Minty, Wacky, Smudge and Omelet watched from Omelet's plane.
"Don't agree with me, do you?" JmT said through a smirk.
"Not one bit." Choco replied, rage building up inside of her.
"Alright then. Let's see if you can handle these MODbots first."

Jmt summoned 12 red plane MODbots that circled Choco. This overwhelmed her and she didn't know what to do.
"Just punch them!" Minty shouted from behind the barrier. "They're weak!" Choco nodden and dashed towards one at full speed and sparks flew out of her from all directions. It blew up, making more sparks fly everywhere and damaging the MODbots next to it, which in tun exploded with more sparks. The heroes watched in amazement as each MODbot blew up, one after the other.
"Was that supposed to be a challenge?" Choco said smugly and Minty cheered.
"Whatever, I'll bring on the next round." JmT replied and summoned 15 silver bipedal MODbots, each armed with a gun.
"Be careful Choco!" Wacky yelled. "They explode and hurt you if you don't destroy them in one hit!" Choco nodded again, and proceeded to punch a silvery robot, electricity pulsing out of her paw towards him and making him explode a small explosion. With this she picked up his gun and shot the rest of the robots before they could do anything to her. This was incredibly handy; not only did she gain a weapon but the bullets were turbo charged with electricity. This would be a piece of cake.
"JmT, I though I mod could do better than this. Why don't you show your true self and fight like a man?!" Choco said, taunting the moderator that stood outside of the border. He simply yawned and warned her for the next set of robots.

She looked around and saw black streaks circling her. It was impossible to tell what they were or how many of them there were too. She lifted her gun and shot electric bullets, paralysing one but doing no damage. It was a jet black plane MODbot. She proceeded to punch it, but not even a scratch appeared on the robot. She was stuck. Soon enough, the MODbots were flying towards her, making her lose balance and fall on the ground. She struggled to get up but the jet black MODbots weren't allowing her. She gave up.
"Looks like you aren't all that, eh?" JmT said, striding towards her. The MODbots dispersed. He knocked her out of the border with one whack of his banhammer. Her friends helped her get up, but she was paralysed. It was over... they had nowhere to run.
"We give up..." Minty said with a sigh. They all proceeded to raise their hands and Choco scowled at him.
"What the?!" JmT exclaimed. Tiny green balls of light were circling the heroes, more and more of them appearing every second. Minty became encapsulated by them and disappeared. Wacky, Smudge and Omelet followed. Choco was just as confused as JmT was, but she managed to smile before she, in turn disappeared too. "Nooo!" Jmt yelled in rage.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Rings: 0
Boss Hits: 0
Badniks destroyed: 27

Total Score: 2700
Earlier that day...
A young dog with floppy ears was wandering the forest she resided in, twiddling her fingers, looking at the castle ahead of her. She kept having strange visions... friends in trouble... and something was urging her to go towards the castle. Something about saving friends. It didn't really make much sense, but when she got there she got another vision. Find the fountain of luck. This finger-twiddling girl made her way through the huge castle doors and walked into the main hall. The doors closed behind her and there was no turning back.

STAGE 11: CLEARLEAF CASTLE
PLAYER: TWIDDLE
MISSION 1: FIND THE FOUNTAIN OF LUCK HIDDEN WITHIN THE CASTLE!
Twiddle was a cream coloured dog with floppy ears, which were dyed green for various reasons. She had a green fringe too, and wore a large black cloak and stripy red and white long socks. her feet were nestled in small black shoes, which were very cosy and she held a magic staff for doing various magic tricks, such as levitating and bonking people on the head. Twiddle was also a psychic who had strange visions now and then, often leaving her bewildered in her own imagination.

She had been in Clearleaf Castle before. It was a long winding maze which she never seemed to work out, eventually using some sort of escaping magic to get herself back home. Huge chandeliers, erupting with purple flames, hung from the ceiling. The walls were just grey brick after grey brick, with the occasional cobweb hidden in a an occasional crack. The floor was chequered a dull green and white and a few skulls were resting on it. Twiddle hoped a ghost wouldn't come out and chase her, as she wasn't incredibly fast.

She made her way down towards the first hallway and stopped when she saw a dead end. There was writing on the wall. It read: What is 100 + 67?
"167" Twiddle said and the wall burst open, revealing another hallway. This one lead to a large, green room lit up by a single torch in the middle. Suddenly, the ground quaked and the wall shut behind her. A large suit of armour holding a mace came marching towards her. Twiddle dodged a few swings of its mace and watched it as it tripped over. She disassembled the suit of armour with her magic staff and a little ghost flew out, crying. She sighed. This wasn't the first time something like this had happened. She remembered the magic cooking pot and wiped a tear from her green eye.

She walked over to the next wall and it had another challenge written on it. It read: Think up an utterly stupid nickname for yourself.
"Twaddlu," Twiddle said, after pondering for a bit. The wall opened immediately and she was lead into a red room with swinging axes, which you were supposed to dodge. Twiddle rolled her eyes and raised her magic staff, stopping all of the large swinging axes immediately. She walked across the room with ease and came face to face with another challenge on a jet black wall. It read: "What do you call a cat that is tabby?"
"A tabby... cat?" Twiddle said. These so-called challenges were incredibly easy and somewhat pointless. She walked into the next room, which was black and had a staircase, named the 'endless staircase". Twiddle shrugged and walked up it, but with each step she took on the staricase didn't lead her anywhere.

After about half an hour of trying to fly up the staircase and walk up it, Twiddle hatched an idea in her head. She flew up to the sign and crossed out the word 'endless' on it to see if it would work. Apparently it did, as she got to her destination, the fountain of luck.

Yay!

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks Destroyed: 0
Time Bonus: 0

Total Score: 0

Twiddle: Wait what
Twiddle got to the fountain and got another vision... something about saying a chant...

"Watashi no dōbutsu no yūjin o hozon shite kudasai" Twiddle chanted. A green light emerged from the fountain and whisked her back to her house...

Last edited by mintdrop on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Chao Island! Adventure (CI!AUFest) - READ CHAPTER 5!!!!!

Post by Crash32 »

Twaddlu iz gud charecktar
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

Post by Chaolin112 »

I absolutely love it, Mints! I look forward to seeing the next part :D
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

thanks u both

i was taking a mini-hiatus (a break for those of you who dont know). i'll probably have an update by tomorrow or monday, sorry to keep you waiting!
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

Sure.

don'tforgettoincludeme :3
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

I was super busy and tired yesterday and today I feel a bit pants!! I'll try and write 2 or so chapters today if I feel well enough. Sorry!
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Holy crap these are amazing!Keep up the good work.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Thank you kyro.

Sorry guys, I really don't feel like writing as much any more. The next chapter is quite important and I don't want to make an effort which is halfassed. Sorry, I'll just be on hiatus.

This isn't being discontinued.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
RileyTheChao123
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Location: I have the Chao Key, time to get to that Goal Ring!

Re: Chao Island! Adventure (CI!AUFest) - On hiatus D:

Post by RileyTheChao123 »

My AU will never match yours, in my opinion anyway, Snowy will love it ^.^

EDIT: Can I make one like this for Adventure 2 or Heroes? I just dont want to make it look like copieing (still wont be as good)
Im back, it feels good...
and guess what? i still got...
#Chaoswag
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

since you went ahead and did it without permission, no.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

yayyy important shipping chapter after long hiatus |D
important!!! getting mad at the chapter's title means that you will not be a cameo

Chapter 6! Watashi wa kawaīdesu (part 1)

Twiddle shook her head. Being a psychic was hard. You had all these strange visions and quests you were forced to do. Still, it was quite handy: her visions always seem to tell her when the kettle is done boiling, or if the toast is done. Sometimes she could tell when the mail man was about to come. Of course, he rarely does, unless there's an important parcel to deliver or a special edition newspaper. She didn't subscribe to every issue of Chao Island Times, as it cost a lot to deliver to her hut, remote and in the middle of Clearleaf Forest in Chao Island. Moving her feet a bit she almost tripped over one of her many pet chao giving her a bundle of paper. The paper was in fact the Chao Island Times. She took it from her and read the headlines.

Intelligent and helpful users Maple and Mamkute become moderators

Maple and Mamkute? Becoming moderators together? Twiddle jots this down immediately on her shipping wall, simple a section on the porch wall boxed over in red crayon, with various pairings on it. Her name is on it too of course, but with many people considered but crossed out. She looked back at the newspaper to see more shocking headlines.

Bad moderation exposed: Renae and "Chaos" (CTLC) - read more on page 4

Twiddle curiously turned the pages. Thankfully page 4 was not on the same double pages as page 3 - she avoided that at all costs. Too much furry business going on there.

Ex-Moderator Renae the cat who recently left Chao Island after abandoning her moderator duties has return under the new name "Renata". Is she up to no good again? Interviewers questioned her about her motives. She said:

"I don't know, I just want to be a regular user again. I didn't think that I was up for the job."

When asked more questions, "Renata" simply left.

"I don't get what the big fuss is." She said rudely, and scampered away.

"We are glad she is not on our team any more." Reported High Moderator Blade Genexis. "She was nothing but trouble - I knew it from the day I met her."

Twiddle was astonished by the amount of bias in the newspaper. She never recalled Renae, or Renata to be rude, or any newspaper to use vocabulary like scamper. And who could forget the fondness of Renae and Blade had for each other? it was on her shipping wall, circled many times in pink. She continued to read.

In other news, CTLC "Chaos" has lived up to his name by disappearing from Chao Island altogether, along with his M.O.D. armour and ban weapon. Little is known about the incident, but was he involved in a scandal with "Renata"?! More to be revealed soon.

Ooo, Renata and CTLC? Twiddle thought to herself. She added it to her wall. But wait, CTLC? That's her friend's brother. He could be in trouble. Suddenly, her train of thought was interrupted by murmuring outside. Familiar murmuring. Wait, were these the friends she was saving with the spell? She opened the door.

"Hello there, friends." She said, smiling sheepishly. The group of four heroes turned around and smiled. Minty ran up to her and hugged her.
"Twiddle!" He exclaimed in delight. "Was it you who saved us with that green light?"
"Oh. Yes, I think so."
"Thank you so much! We were in real trouble then."
"That's okay. Please, do come in." She beckoned them all inside. Dusk was falling upon the sky and it would be getting dark soon. The all piled inside.

Minty and his friends hadn't seen Twiddle's hut before. It was fairly old and creaky, and it looked like it would fall down altogether if it weren't for Twiddle's magic holding it up. Pots and pans shuffled and rattled, floorboards creaked as if to say hello and the curtains were acting as if a non-existent wind was blowing them around. Many chao were wandering around the place too, wearing outfits crafted for them by Twiddle. Everyone there sensed an essence of magic and mystery.

"Make yourself at home. I'll get some blankets." Twiddle said, pointing towards the living room. Minty immediately dashed towards the largest couch and Wacky followed, leaving Omelet and Choco to share one lounge chair with a large number of cushions scattered around it. Omelet took a few cushions and offered to sit next to the fire, leaving Choco to sit down on the lounge chair. She thanked him but no reply came - he was too impressed by the fire changing from green to white and back again. Smudge nestled between Wacky and Minty, and was soon joined by a few girl chao, a two-tone grey N/F/F and a sky blue H/N/N. He became very embarrassed and rosy cheeked.

Soon Twiddle came back with three blankets and a stool. She placed her stool next to Choco and handed a blanket to her. She gave another one to Wacky, Minty and Smudge, and gave the other one to Omelet, eyes still fixed on the magical flames. They all became incredibly cosy and rosy cheeked because of blanket sharing... Minty and Wacky... Choco and Twiddle... Smudge and his new found chao friends... and of course, Omelet and the fire. They all exchanged funny stories and Twiddle levitated over some hot chocolate. After a lot of laughing and yawning, the eight of them (all chao included) were fast asleep by midnight.

sorry there was no action stage this first half. but i hope you know where your shippings should lie now >:0
Last edited by mintdrop on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Chao Island! Adventure - Chapter 6 is up!!! READ NOW

Post by KeatonLabs »

YAHOO!It's back!

I thought this one was kinda funny honestly.:3.I love it!
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 6! Watashi wa kawaīdesu (part 2)

At about 8AM, Minty awoke to the smell of frying eggs. Omelet and Twiddle were in the kitchen, making omelets. Wacky was still next to him, sleeping, and as he turned his head he could see Choco drawing something in her sketchbook, and several chao playing games on the floor.
"Don't move!" Choco shouted as Minty tried to stretch. "Just a second..." Minty looked bewildered. "...there!" She held up her sketchbook proudly, with a grin on her face. She had drawn Minty and Wacky cuddled up on the couch. "Isn't it cute?"
"Well, uh-" He started, but was cut short when Omelet called that breakfast was ready. Wacky awoke immediately upon hearing the word 'breakfast' and dashed into the kitchen. The other two followed, Minty lagging behind as he was still tired. They all ate magical omelets which were all rainbow coloured. According to Twiddle, the rainbows help boost your stats or something. Minty was ravenous and wasn't paying much attention, but after finishing his omelet he felt a boost of energy.

After everyone has finished, Twiddle got out a newspaper, the same one she had been reading yesterday evening.
"You might want to read this." She handed it to Wacky. Her face suddenly turned from content to distraught. After reading it, she ran into the living room and buried her face in a cushion and sobbed quietly. Minty soon followed her, and Smudge got up from his circle of friend to comfort her too.
"What's wrong?" Questioned Omelet. "Was there an embarrassing picture of her in the newspaper?"
"No, much worse. CTLC's gone missing." Twiddle said through a sigh. Choco and Omelet looked at each other. Wasn't that her brother? Their thoughts were cut short though, as they heard shouting from outside.
"I'll handle it." Omelet pushed his plate aside and ran out of the door.

He got into his mech and made his way towards the shouting. It sounded like a teenage boy was being harassed. He sped up and found the scene - several jet black MODbots were taking a yellow hedgehog into a mountainside tunnel!
"Get off of me!" He cried. "I'm innocent! I haven't broken one law!" Omelet glared at the MODbots and shot at them. It was no use, however, as the bullets deflected. He tried shooting missiles, but he was all out of ammunition. They shot off into the tunnel, dissapearing in the darkness. Soon, a metal door began to descend onto the opening of the tunnel - a trap that the hedgehog couldn't escape. He dashed into the tunnel to save him!

STAGE 12: MOUNTAIN BASE
PLAYER: OMELET
MISSION 1: RESCUE THE UNKNOWN HEDGEHOG!
As he made his way further into the tunnel lights started to flash on and it revealed itself to be a trap filled metal station. A true Mountain Base! He chased the black MODbots furiously, putting his visor up to avoid getting harmed by jets of steam protruding out of the walls. He avoided as much damage as possible to be done to his mech but it was somewhat impossible with the amount of spikes on the floor. To top it all off, waves upon waves of red and silver plane MODbots came his way, and he had to shoot and run.

But it started to get even more ridiculous. He came to a sudden halt when he realised the floor had stopped. Almost like a cliff edge. He peered over and saw a rectangular stream of magma, (or lava, he wasn't sure if they were underground!) strecthing a good hundred metres. He switched to plane mode and flew as high as he could without crashing into the rocky ceiling. Several waves of MODbots came past, firing at him. He did his best to shoot back but he was running out of ammo and he was getting hit by steam jets from both sides.

Thankfully the lava stream came to an end. He wiped the sweat off of his brow and kissed his visor, turning it back to its regular mech form. It appeared that the end of the base was near too: he could see the yellow hedgehog and the black robots had crashed into a wall. He hurried towards them.
"HEY YOU!" Omelet shouted furiously. The black MODnots turned around slowly. "YOU GIVE ME THE HEDGEHOG BACK. NOW!" Omelet readied his fists. He was out of ammunition and would have to fist with his bare hands. With gloves on, of course. However, the black robots shot back towards the entrance and Omelet followed steadily. Rocks were falling from the ceiling - it was a death trap.

He dashed and flew his way back to the entrance. The magma was rising too, and if he wasn';t careful his mech could get stuck in it. However, he soon saw the light and managed to escape the base before it crumbled.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks Destroyed: 300
Time Bonus: 3000

Total Score: 6000

Omelet: All... RIGHT!
Omelet paced backwards and forwards in his beaten up mech. He hadn't saved the hedgehog! He had failed...

Wait, what's that noise?

Is that screaming...?

CRASH.

The yellow hedgehog crashed into the ground. He got up and shook his head which surprisingly wasn't bleeding, and intact.
"Are... are you okay?" Omelet asked. The yellow hedgehog wiped the dirt off of his knees and held out his hand. Omelet shook it, still fairly shocked about what he just saw.
"I'm Crash. People call me that because I'm always crashing into things, but I have this weird ability to stay intact." HE spoke with a strong Australian accent. "And, yea, those MODbots did drop me from up there."
Omelet simply blinked. "Hey, is your machine all right?" He continued. "I have my toolbox handy if you want me to fix it. Just a second..." Omelet closed his eyes and when he opened them again his mech was is pristine condition again - even full ammo.
"How did you...?"
"Family secret." Crash said and winked. "Nah, just kidding. It's too difficult to explain."
"Why were the MODbots after you, anyway?"
"Oh! That!" He said like it was nothing. "I was handing out fliers, trying to get people to support Minty and his group - by the way, you're Omelet, I know you've been helping - when the MODbots grabbed me and took me in there." Suddenly, the bushes rustled a bit and a kid aquamarine coloured otter stepped out, carrying a N/S two tone blue chao.
"I helped too!" He said, saluting to Omelet, who smiled back.
"Oh yeah, he's Kyro. Him and his chao Aqua were passing out fliers too. But he managed to hide." Crash explained.
"Well, thanks for everything." Omelet said. "It's been nice to meet you. Give me a call any time!" they exchanged E-Phone numbers and Omelet retired to Twiddle's house again. It had been an eventful morning.

i'm going to leave it there for now. i'm tired.
Last edited by mintdrop on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

Post by Chaolin112 »

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

I loved it! I like how you made crash...crash.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

thanks you guys :D

Chapter 6! Watashi wa kawaīdesu (part 3)

Back in Twiddle's house, everyone was making an effort to get Wacky to be happy again. She was still huddled up in blankets and holding Smudge close to her, but tears were still gently rolling from her eyes into her now cold, un-sipped hot chocolate. Twiddle urged her to drink it multiple times, as it was full of nutrients that would make her happy and positive. However, whenever she was about to drink some she erupted into tears again. They all didn't know what to do.
"Wacky..." Minty started. She sniffed multiple times. "There was nothing you could do about it. You did your best as a sister for him-"
"-b-b-but I let him down... I was supposed to protect him!" Wacky retorted sadly.
"No you didn't. How were you supposed to know he was going to disappear like that?" Choco said, trying to make her feel better. "CTLC is a mysterious guy. He could be on some crazy quest - you never know." Wacky looked up and smiled weakly.
"I... I guess so." She tossed the blanket off of her and drank her hot chocolate, handing the mug to Twiddle. "The best thing I could do is look for the Spectrum Crystal again. It could grant me knowledge about where my brother is!"
"Exactly!" Minty exclaimed. "Nothing a bit of chocolate can't do." He nudged Twiddle, who giggled a bit. Wacky began to search for her radar. After several minutes of almost tearing the hut down, she sighed, giving up. She left it in the Starship. Just then, Omelet walked in.
"Omelet, could we use your plane to-" Wacky said, but was cut short.
"No need. The shards are in Crater Ruins. I can't tell you the exact locations of the, but I can ell you they're definitely there." Twiddle explained in a flavourless voice. Everyone was stunned. Minty and Choco exchanged blank looked while Omelet stood there bewildered.
"How did you...?" Wacky asked.
"I'm a psychic. Duh."

And with that, Wacky took Smudge and headed out towards the Crater ruins, just south of Twiddle's house.

STAGE 13: CRATER RUINS
PLAYER: WACKY
MISSION 1: FIND 3 PIECES OF THE SPECTRUM CRYSTAL!
After a few minutes Wacky arrived in Crater Ruins. It was a beautiful and mystical place; the remains of a lost temple blown to pieces by fallen meteors, leaving huge craters with fertile land where an abundance of foliage grew. It was a common conception that this was the starting place of Clearleaf Forest. The sun shone brightly through the jade green leaves of the forest, leaving the hole place tinted in a calming green hue. Every step taken here felt precious and worthwhile, as if some tranquil invisible force was protecting the area, clearing it of evil.

Wacky walked slowly through the area. There were rings scattered about the place. It seemed like a likely place for the Spectrum Crystal to be. It seemed to be in its nature to go to places that are not often visited and generally left pure. Sol Ridge definitely wasn't popular - people much preferred Turquoise Shores. Candycane Maze was a place that many people stayed clear of. It made sense that the next location would be here, a quiet of of the way location that is certainly difficult to find.

As Wacky patrolled the area for the shards, she noticed a few hero chao dancing in a circle. Smudge led her over to them in excitement. Wacky peered over their circle to see what the fuss was all about - they were circling around a shard! She didn't want to just take it from them as that would be rude, so she got Smudge to explain the situation to them. After hearing this, they nodded and bowed, leaving for her to take it. Only two left to go! She hurried along.

Before she knew it, Wacky was standing on the edge of a crater with a large, reddish brown space rock in it. She glided along a path of rings, leading her to the next shard. As she landed on the space rock to grab it, the a sudden burst of water rose from below the ground, flinging the rock into the air along with the shard. She hastily glided after it and eventually caught it. Were the ruins testing her? Kindness for the hero chao, and perseverance for chasing the shard. She wondered what the next challenge would be.

After gliding for a while, Wacky landed on a large, formidable tree with brilliant jade leaves. Grabbing Smudge to make sure he wouldn't be able to get stuck, she slid down through the leaves into another crater. Many stones smashed by a space rock were present in it - the remains of the lost temple, perhaps? She investigated them and it seemed that were all pieces of white stones, carved into diamond shapes, ideal for building. She investigated them all one by one to see if there was anything interesting about them apart from all being the same size and shape, but alas she couldn't find anything significant. She looked around in the sky. Nothing. Upon surveying the ground however, she found a stone tablet with several diamond shaped dents in it. They matched the shape of the stones. Her and Smudge hurried to gather all of the stones and put them into the dents in the damaged tablet. After a few minutes of arranging, the tablet morphed into a perfect diamond shape and moved itself across the floor, revealing the last shard in a hole. Of course! Intelligence. Kindness, perseverance and intelligence were the key for any hero. She grabbed the shard and high fived Smudge. They did it!

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Rings: 100
Badniks Destroyed: 0
Time Bonus: 4000
Smudgehints used: 0

Total Score: 5000

Wacky: Sweet! We did it Smudge!
Wacky noticed something about the ruins - there weren't any MODbots there. The mod's intentions couldn't have been good!
Last edited by mintdrop on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

This is amazing!

Also I see what you did there ;)
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

aww thanks uwu i'll make another chapter now because im excited too /sad/

Chapter 7! Retracing memories (part 1)

Back in Twiddle's house, Wacky and Omelet explained their respective missions. Minty seemed very grateful about this Crash character help raising support, while Twiddle was interested of the absence of bad entity in Crater Ruins. Soon though, they would have to leave Twiddle behind to go on another task, but they weren't sure what to do quite yet. Choco still needed to search for keys, so she decided that she would head for a place by the sea. Minty noted that Turquoise shores was a brilliant place to go to search as the ocean was the bluest there - giving off a peaceful vibe. Twiddle also alerted the group that another colour key would be in Iccryo City, Glacier Island, and a good place to search for the Spectrum Crystal would be Frozen Heights. With that, they all exchanged E-Phone numbers with Twiddle and shook hands with her (or hugged, as Minty and Wacky thought that was more appropriate) and they were on their way, everyone apart from Choco climbing into Omelet's mech (which had now transformed itself into a plane).

"Wait! Choco!" Twiddle shouted as the plane took off, and Choco was about to run to Chaopolis in order to search for the Blue Key. She suddenly stopped and ran back to Twiddle.
"What is it?" She inquired.
"I have something you might like to have, I just remembered." Twiddle said, bringing the Green Key out of her pocket. "Good luck in the special zone." She said, waving goodbye to Choco, who took hold of the key and disappeared in a flash.

SPECIAL STAGE! GREEN GEM
Being in the Special Zone again was an incredible feat for Choco. It was hard to imagine Twiddle forgot about it the whole time and didn't use it herself. She guessed that Twiddle's psychic abilities alerted her beforehand that someone needed it more than her. Disregarding this, she took in all of the colours around her and started to dash for the emerald green Gem that was flying away from her.

It was definitely faster than last time, but still no match for Choco's incredible speed. The tube this time ran through a green forest - possibly resembling Clearleaf Forest - with green rings around the tube. She collected as many rings as she could and dodged the spiky bombs, occasionally tripping over them and losing a few rings. But she still easily caught up, and just as she was about to reach it-

BONUS ROUND!
"Really?! Again?" She said, still running. The gem disappeared and the same chao greeted her, throwing rings and spiky bombs for her aid and downfall respectively. After what seemed like a few minutes the chao left and she was able to get the green gem.

Two out of Seven!

SPECIAL STAGE COMPLETE!

Rings: 4130
Time Bonus: 5000

Capture Successful!!

Choco: A is for one amazing Choco!
By the time Choco was done it was nightfall, about 8PM. She could see Twiddle's hut's light was on and was tempted to go back there and sleep, but she needed to be at Glacier Island as soon as possible. She hurried into Chaopolis, west of Clearleaf Forest, avoiding any moderators the best she could. Buildings streaked past her seamlessly and at the speed she was going they seemed like tiny cyan sticks. She came to a halt seeing several posters on buildings reading "WANTED - MINTY THE FOX AND HIS ALLIES", showing pictures of Minty, Wacky, Omelet and herself. Even Smudge was on the poster, looking his usual devious self. She obviously didn't want to be seen so she ran as fast as she could towards the beach. Eventually, she got there. The hunt began!

STAGE 1: TURQUOISE SHORES
MISSION 2: FIND THE CYAN KEY!
So here she was, in Turquoise Shores. The view of the starry night sky was spectacular against the brilliant (though now rather dark) turquoise ocean. Palm trees swayed in the gentle warm breeze, laying dormant and sleeping for the night. She stepped softly on the sand, unsure where to go. The one thing she knew was head for the ocean, the most cyan part of the whole of the Chao Islands. She did so, slightly wary of getting her clothes wet.

Upon approaching the lapping waves, she crossed her arms. How was she able to cross it, to get to the several smaller islands surrounding the coast? Everyone knows rabbits can't swim. In frustration, she shook her head rapidly. Several waves rocked side to side - of course! Her powers! She must've adapted to the sea. Exploring this fact, she managed to produce powerful jets of water from her hand, allowing her to levitate. This could be some form of water skiing that she invented!

Using these jets she glided across the sea to the first island. It wasn't that large - the key wouldn't be there. She scanned the area for anywhere that looked particularly blue and she found a spot further out. Just as she was about to water ski across to the next island, a sharp metal object pushes her into the waves. Getting up and turning around she discovered two things: she didn't get wet, and a new, green rhino MODbot was staring at her with menacing amber eyes. She tried punching it, but it only made a dent. It soon repaired itself, by making itself bigger, filling itself up with air. Spraying it with water did nothing, so she resorted to more punching which just made it bigger.

She retorted to water ski across to the next island like she originally planned. Once she got there she noticed that the green MODbot was floating towards her using its new inflatable body. Who designed these things? It doesn't even have a weapon - it's just an obstacle. As it wafted away, being pulled by the tide, Choco decided to glide towards it and jump on it, using it as a boat. Once on top, she used her water powers to make a whirlpool, sinking it and causing it to explode. She ended up in the water too. Maybe it would be better to look for it in the sea anyway?

She used her jets to get her around. Soon, she found a spot in the sea that radiated cyan light itself - like an underwater lamp. She dived down, taking a deep breath and found got the key nestled in some seaweed. She grabbed it and her search was over!

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks Destroyed: 1
Time Bonus: 2100

Total Score: 2200

Choco: Pretty cool, I guess.
She returned to the shore, Blue Key in hand, and transported to the Special Zone once more.

SPECIAL STAGE! CYAN GEM
The tunnel this time was situated in a tropical sea, with cyan rings around it. The Special Zone seemed to change according to the gem that resided in it. The Cyan Gem was significantly quicker than the green one, making her dash a lot faster. There were less rings but generally the same amount of spiky bombs. She noticed a few fish swim by and wondered if they noticed it. What if there was a leak? She tried not to imagine.

After a few minutes of gem chasing the tunnel came to a complete stop and the Cyan Gem was decreased in size and made its way down a smaller tube full of water. Choco took a deep breath and followed it down. By the time she exited the tunnel was underwater and she needed a breath. If only she still had her water powers...

She could still dash but found it incredibly hard to contain the air in her lungs. With a sudden outburst she exhaled and inhaled automatically. She was drowning. Wait, no she wasn't. She could breath? Maybe it was a special property of the tunnel, or a thing to do with her water powers - she didn't know and it didn't matter to her at the moment. She was alive, and swimming rapidly towards the Cyan Gem. It was just in her reach when it disappeared and the announcer said:

BONUS ROUND!

The tunnel drained instantly and Choco exhaled. It was weird breathing water. Air was much better. She took the rings and avoided the occasional spiky bomb from the now familiar chao, and soon enough the gem appeared. The tunnel slowly started to fill up with water again, but she furiously dashed towards it and grabbed it before she had to swim.

Three down, four to go!

SPECIAL STAGE COMPLETE!

Rings: 2690
Time Bonus: 4000

Capture Successful!!

Choco: A is for one amazing Choco!
When she returned to the underwhelming real world, she called Omelet to pick her up and bring her to Glacier Island.

Last edited by mintdrop on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonWood
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Location: Back from Atlanta greeting my welcoming party of my friends here on CI!:3

Re: Chao Island! Adventure - A chocolatey chapter 7

Post by KeatonWood »

Still as amazing as ever!P.S. this is my alt.

~Kyro
Adorable member of the chu team!~
Want art?You got it! Click me
Adventures Of Kyro The Hedgehog
SSBB Friend code:. 2667-2830-0644
Spoiler:
Depressed and a little upset.
Like a jellyfish sting, the pain last some time. :(
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 7! Retracing memories (part 2)

Soon Omelet had picked Choco up, and they were on their way again to Glacier Islands. Minty was thoroughly excited, while the rest of his teammates were somewhat nervous or not looking forward too it. Omelet was afraid the cold might "mess up his mech", while Wacky and Choco weren't exactly keen on the cold. Despite all this, Minty raved on about how great Glacier Island was, and how the brilliant sights make up for the constant cold. He also used the phrase "a little exercise never hurt anyone", but Wacky (and Smudge) recalled Minty saying several times "I would, but I'm tired...". As the plane slowly descended onto the snowy ground, they had to come up with a plan.

Minty volunteered to take Wacky and Smudge around Frozen Heights - he knew it like that back of his paw. Meanwhile Omelet and Choco would take the coastal road to Iccryo City, where Choco would do her thing and later they would all meet to stay in an inn, and have some of their famous ice cream and hot chocolate. Minty was absolutely thrilled.

When they landed at the base of the mountain, Minty shot out like a dart. Wacky hesitantly stepped out, with Smudge holding on to her tight, bracing himself from the cold. As soon as she stepped off, Omelet sped off instantlynorth to iccryo City. It was very hard to see the lights due to the constant cirrus clouds, looming above them and bringing a constant downfall of snow, snow, and more snow. Wacky was still shivering. Minty sighed.

"Wacky... it's going to be really cold from now on." He told her. She nodded slowly. "Here's a trick I learnt: focus on the moon. It always seems to, well for me anyway, give me some sort of support. Try it, it's always visible over here." Wacky looked up and saw an obvious parting in the clouds where the moon lay. She breathed in and stared at it for a few second, before looking back to Minty and smiling. "So it worked?" He remarked.
"No, but I'll try for you." She said, grinning. Smudge made a few happy chao noises, while Minty grabbed her hands and flew her as high as he could.
"Right! Let's go." He said, hands on hips.

STAGE 5: FROZEN HEIGHTS
PLAYER: WACKY AND MINTY (CO-OP)
MISSION 2: FIND 3 PIECES OF THE SPECTRUM CRYSTAL!
Frozen Heights again, at long last. Minty was so happy that he leant down and kissed the ground below him, which was covered in about a foot of snow. Wacky stood there shivering. This time Wacky would lead, as it was her mission to find shards, and she was the one with gliding abilities. She started off by running around the area, getting to the highest point possible. Minty suggested a few large boulders. Choosing one, Wacky scrambled up it with Minty and Smudge following her with their wings. The moon seemed to shine down on certain locations as they both scanned the area. Wacky glided towards one spot, which was on a snow covered pine tree - indeed a shard was there. She high-fived Smudge and Minty.

Surprisingly there were several winter owls in the tree, who hotted and pecked them lightly until they went away. Minty recognised them and suggested they avoided those owls at all costs - tragic memories of being chased flodded into his mind. All the feathers... he shivered as if liquid nitrogen was pouring down his back. Wacky questioned his actions, but shrugged it off and started to scan the area. She saw something flashing in the distance - something red. It didn't match the gentle glow of the moon at all so she glided over to investigate, Minty and Smudge following.

A horrible feeling crept over her as she headed closer to the unknown disturbance. A giant... bipedal MODbot wielding a giant mallet. She became mortified - what if it saw her? It couldn't be as easy to defeat as the other ones. Her companions soon caught up with her and suffered the same thoughts unfortunately. However, on an act of impulse Smudge got right in front of its menacing amber eyes and pulled a silly face. The giant MODbot became fixed on him, becoming more enraged.
"I think he's trying to distract him, let's go attack!" Minty urged Wacky, pulling on her arm. She was concerned about her chao, but the best way to deal with the problem was to get rid of the robot. She and Minty hammed the robot's back until it became very dented and exploded, revealing another shard. Smudge returned safely to Wacky, who scolded him for running off on his own. Two down, one to go!

Minty decided it would be better to go a bit further down the mountain - after all, they'd only been high up this whole time! They gently descended the mountain, inspecting every crack and rock on the path. After a while of exploring, they found a small spring with running water in it. Wacky wouldn't have any of it - she despised water. Minty sighed and ran his paw through it. It cold, but not freezing cold. After pondering for a few minutes, he instructed Wacky to wait there and dived straight in.

The minutes Wacky waited then were certainly the longest she had waited her entire life. Even longer than the hours she waited to get into get into the national doughnut convention, an that was a while. The whole time she prayed and held on to Smudge, awaiting Minty's return. After a few minutes Wacky became worried. What if he drowned? She thought, peering into the spring in nervousness. What if he di- at that moment, Minty burst through the water, gasping for breath, hold the last shard. Wacky took it from him as he climbed out of the pool, shaking himself dry the way canines did. She hugged him.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks Destroyed: 1
Time Bonus: 1000

Total Score: 1100

Wacky: Not bad!
Last edited by mintdrop on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonWood
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Location: Back from Atlanta greeting my welcoming party of my friends here on CI!:3

Post by KeatonWood »

Still as awesome as ever!I can seriously imagine this as a game!
Spoiler:
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

aww thank you!

Chapter 7! Retracing memories (part 3)

While Minty, Wacky and Smudge were on the mountain of Frozen Heights, Omelet and Choco were speeding their way to Iccryo City. The general setting got a lot brighter the closer they got to the city, and the last sign they passed was 'Iccryo - 15 miles'. After a few minutes of waiting Choco became bored and started to draw on the window. Omelet put the radio on in his plane mode mech, with the station playing various chiptunes by an artist called "Skyralie". The name seemed familiar... she thought about it while drawing a picture of Twiddle, holding a staff and pretending it was a horse. Ah yes, Skyralie was more commonly known as Riku. It was quite odd though - he was an unrecognised artist after all - why would they be playing his music? Before she had time to think about it, her finger slipped and made Twiddle have a ridiculously long eyelash: they had arrived.

WALK MODE ACTIVATED
Said the voice nav, in her usual monotone voice. The plane landed in Snowflake Square, centre of Iccryo City. It was truly beautiful - glowing headlights surrounded the peaceful square and the floor had markings of a giant snowflake. In the midst of it all was a giant pine tree, labelled "Tree of Tranquility". There was a giant, shining snowflake on top of it and Choco was unaware if it was shining due to magic or electricity. She didn't suppose it mattered. Looking outside of the square the city seemed rather busy, with icy highways and glowing neon lights and streetlamps. It was time to go look for the Cyan Key, so she hopped out into the cold. Omelet closed the door again and Choco waved goodbye as the window steamed up with the heat from the radiator. Lucky... oh well. he wouldn't see all the sights that she did!

She headed off into the bustling city.

STAGE 14: ICCRYO CITY
MISSION 1: FIND THE BLUE KEY!
Of course, bustling was the correct word to describe Iccryo City's cheerfulness and abundance of citizens. There was plenty of both to stretch across the entire Chao Islands twofold. Glowlights illuminated the many streets with their dark blue pavement and black roads, with chalky marks on them to divide lanes, or to tell citizens to go slow. But each and every one seemed to be intelligent and kind enough to give way when needed, or to know what the right lane to go in was. The city was composed of several blues, cyans and orangey-reds, encased in snow and ice giving off a sparkly and stunning look. There were several highways stretching across many blocks of buildings, covered in ice, like a giant roller coaster. Even at this time of night children where skating, skiing and snowboarding across these roads like it was a giant funfair, which the city essentially was.

Despite all of this cheerful madness, Choco had two problems. One of them was that it was still incredibly cold (bearing in mind it is the northernmost city in the Chao Islands), and the other being finding the Blue Key hidden amongst the buildings and bridges. She sheepishly walked along the pavement, passing several snowy bushes decorated with festive-yet-out-of-season baubles and snowflakes, each and everyone glowing. As she stopped to look at the scenery around her she realised that she had stopped shivering - alas, her adaptability was taking effect. Excitedly, she cast ice from her feet and managed to slide across the air itself, leaving a trail of snow falling on the ground behind her. She passed several hovercars, who's drivers waved at her frantically, careful not to crash, but still expressing their excitement, which seemed to be radiating off of her like heat. She guessed that in a city as cold as this, you have no choice but to be cheerful.

She passed through several alleys - none of which were dark, by the way - when she came across some red MODbots of the plane persuasion. She was angered by them disrupting the peaceful citizen's lives, and as a result raised her fist angrily. But as she was about to punch them, they instantly froze and collapsed to the ground, shattering. Venturing across more of the city using the slippery highway and the lights to guide her, she came across a large red machine, pumping out black smoke. The inscription on it read "M.O.D", and it had a meter reading "47/50". Choco knew that this was only bad news, so she froze it too, and proceeded to punch it until it shattered. Once it did, it exploded, and it didn't seem like it was the only thing that did in the area. She heard many explosions from far away. Did it perhaps clear the city of MODbots? She hoped so.

After about half an hour of patrolling the city for the key, Choco was ready to give up despite having a magical snowboard at her disposal. She sat down on a blue bench and sighed. If only the city wasn't so big, she thought, looking up at the sky. She was ready to go back to Snowflake Square when a cyan light caught her eye - in a second it was gone with the passing hovercar. She looked in it's direction - the key itself was attached to a hovercar! She approached it with caution, careful not to alert the driver.

She got very close, reaching out to grab it, but the car got onto a highway and started speeding. In response to this, Choco accelerated too holding her hand out. She at last managed to touch it, knocking it off the car and sending it and her toppling down the highway. She scrambled over to it, hands and knees on ice, and grabbed it. Finally!

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks Destroyed: 50
Time Bonus: 200

Total Score: 5200

Choco: So rad...
She immediately whisked away to the special zone...

SPECIAL STAGE! BLUE GEM
The Special Zone, three times in one day? This must be a lucky streak. The tunnel this time had blue braces and was encased in dark snow clouds. The blue gem streaked past her unexpectedly and the chase was on. Rings were scarce but spiky bombs were a-many. Luckily, Choco still had the ability to snowboard on air, so she glided past all the bombs with ease, grabbing a few rings as she went. She also had the ability to dash, so the anonymous announcer said its usual phrase quite quickly into the chase.

BONUS ROUND!

Choco was bounding at such a ridiculous speed that she actually caught up with the chao in the hot air balloon. She grabbed the neutral baby chao who was holding his sack full of rings and kissed him on the cheek, in reply to this he giggled. She jumped in the balloon itself, hushing the dark chao, holding him back with her foot to avoid getting hit by spiky bombs. The baby chao skipped around her, scattering rings which fell on her. When it was time to go, they exchanged bows, and Choco jumped off the balloon. She waved at her new friend, who in turn waved back, while their dark chao nemesis rolled his eyes and scoffed. At long last, she reached the Blue Gem and grabbed it.

SPECIAL STAGE COMPLETE!

Rings: 9001
Time Bonus: 9001

Capture Successful!!

Choco: Woah... what?
She returned to Snowflake Square, where she met up with Omelet once more. She climbed into his mech. Skyralie was still on, and so was the radiator. Her drawing of Twiddle had evaporated, and so she lay down in one of the seats, sighing.

"Aren't you freezing?!"
"Nah, I'm good."

Meanwhile, however, Minty, Wacky and Smudge were still at Frozen Heights. Minty had miraculously dried off, and they were now climbing to the top of the mountain.
"Are you suuuuure this is a shortcut to Iccryo City?" Wacky asked for the fifth time.
"Yes, I'm sure Wacky." Minty replied through a sigh. Smudge rolled his eyes and held onto Wacky's lab coat. "Look, we're here now." They had finally reached the pinnacle of the mountain, where a star shaped lake resided. Minty looked up into the moon and whistled. Suddenly, an arctic fox appeared in the middle of the lake, gliding in a ghostly manner towards them. Wacky was stunned, and confused. As the figure got closer she identified her as female, and as her features became more apparent they could see she had long, brown hair with a piece curling at the top, and pure white fur. She also wore a light blue t-shirt and dark grey jogging bottoms. She looked excited, and had a star mark on her forhead, too. She instantly greeted Minty and Wacky.
"Heyy, Minty! Long time no see!" She spoke clearly and excitedly. "Who's your friend?"
"Hi Starmy!" Minty replied, with the exact same tone of excitement. "This is Wacky, and her chao Smudge." They both waved shyly, unsure if her presence was real or not.
"So what would you like me to do?" She asked.
"Could you take us to Iccryo, please? Our friends are waiting for us." Minty asked politely.
"Sure thing. But please close your eyes! You don't want to get blinded." They all did as they were instructed and heard a flash of light - when they opened their eyes they were in Snowflake Square.
"Thank you Starmy!" Minty said, hugging his old friend. She surprsingly had an E-Phone, and they exchanged numbers immediately. They closed their eyes again, and with two claps she was gone.
"So... what was that?" Wacky questioned, feeling confused.

"Well... long ago when I was a cub about 8 years old I'd say, I saw a shooting star on the top of the mountain. I was worried for it, I'm not sure why, so I closed my eyes and wished that it wouldn't crash into the earth. When I opened my eyes, there was a lake at the top of the mountain, star shaped, and a small girl the same age as me glided towards me. She introduced herself as Starmy, and she thanked me for saving her. We started to talk and became friends quickly - it was incredibly lonely on the mountain after all. On the night I saved her, she said that if I wanted to see her again I should whistle by the first pint of the lake. Every night I saw her, until I was about 11 years old and moved to Chaopolis. I was so lonely when I first got there - there was no-one to talk to in my apartment. It was then I found you Wacky, crashing into me in the door into my 64 floored block of flats. Since then I had made an effort to visit Glacier Island twice a year, and when we found out she was magical, she said she'd grant me wishes. It's great that she's got an E-Phone - suppose through something magic based - now we can chat again. I do miss her a lot."

Upon hearing this Wacky smiled.
"I suppose I could be friends with her too?"
"Of course!" Minty exclaimed, and they ran back to Omelet's mech, where he was interrogated once more.
"How did you get here?" Omelet asked. "We were waiting for you to call."
"When you wish upon a Starmy..." Minty started, but Wacky nudged him.
"We got here by bus!" She said quickly. After that they all found a local inn, parked Omelets mech outside and stayed there for the night.
"...a dream comes true..." Minty continued from where Wacky interrupted him. With that, he fell asleep.
Last edited by mintdrop on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonWood
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by KeatonWood »

I swear I am the only one who reads this any more.0_0.Great job as ever!
Spoiler:
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

thanks, aha. i know a lot people read it - look at the poll! you're just the only one that comments (everyone else is lazy cough wacky and starmy cough)

i wont be writing a chapter tonight as i'm still brainstroming. i don't want to rush ahead. :3
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonWood
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by KeatonWood »

Ok let me look...lol.
Spoiler: