The Chase

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
MaidInMisery
Egg
Egg

The Chase

Post by MaidInMisery »

Padding along, my tail swished back and forth as my stomach let out a growl. I licked my muzzle, scanning the woodland for anything to eat. Sticking my nose to the ground I caught scent of a nearby rabbit. Bolting off, I flew thought the forest almost like a ghost.

The rabbit had caught sight of me and took off within seconds. I speed up a bit to keep up the pace with the rabbit, it was hard since it took a sharp turn and I had to make a wider turn, but I didn't slow down. My stomach was chanting me on as I ran after the rabbit.

Soon I gave a lunge towards it, I barely missed it and my muzzle snapped shut around the small rabbit. I was so hungry the rabbit was gone within seconds. Happily I padded off, quite proud with myself and the day's food even though my stomach demanded for more.

Yawning, I decide to stop and take a quick nap. Laying down, I crossed my paws laying my head on them. Sleep soon overtook me. I hadn't scented the nearby wolf looming too close. After all, it was mating season yet my nose hadn't told me that a male was that close by...

My ears perked up to the sound of a twigging breaking in half, lifting my head I glanced around the forest. Standing up, I noticed the stray wolf not too far staring at me. A low growl came from my throat only to have him take a step closer.

He tried showing he was no threat to me, but I wasn't going down, I wanted him gone yet he didn't seem to grasp my growls. Lunging slightly I bit his ear hard having him yelp.

"That hurt." I heard him whimper as he took a few steps back from me, still staring at me.

"Leave." I growled slightly, my fur raising a bit finally he walked a good few feet back, but stopped and took a seat. I knew I would be stuck with him, so I headed off only to see he was following behind, but not too closely.

I saw so many wolf stories, I just couldn't help it... The idea came to me and then this happened.
I tried but it kind of okay not the best thing I've ever written...
Last edited by MaidInMisery on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Re: The Chase

Post by Lamby »

It isn't much of a story: it essentially describes mundane activities that a wolf does. You need something interesting to happen or you won't get many interested readers. And this is supposing you are trying to write an animal story and not lampooning animal stories. I can never be sure what direction these stories mean to take these days.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
MaidInMisery
Egg
Egg

Post by MaidInMisery »

Yeah, I only got part of it up and running so it just a bunch of sentences... And yeah I see your point with the whole animal thing but I am going to just keep going with the wolf so it's not confusing because it just seems a bit more simpler...
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Oh okay. I thought that was it. Sorry about that!
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "