Metroid Fusion: The Novel

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 2 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Metroid Fusion: The Novel

Post by Jack Augustine »

I've gotten serious with writing a story, and for my first...

I'll write a novelization of Metroid Fusion. Why don't I start with the Prologue...

(All credit given where credit is due; I've essentially copied the intro to Fusion for the Prologue. It just fits.)

Prologue: The Infection

I'd been assigned to watch over Biologic's research team, so I once again found myself on the surface of SR388.

It was there that I was attacked by a life-form I had never encountered before. It was only later that I learned the identity of my attacker: the parasitic organism we now know as X. Unaware of my condition, I was returning to the station when disaster struck.

Once the X had infested my central nervous system, I lost consciousness and my ship drifted into an asteroid belt.

The ship's emergency systems automatically ejected the escape pod before impact. Biologic's vessels recovered it and transported me to Galactic Federation HQ. However, during the journey, the X mulitplied within me, corrupting large areas of my Power Suit.

It then came to light that the organic components of my Power Suit had become so integrated with my system that it could not be removed while I was unconscious. Large portions of my suit had to be surgically removed, dramatically altering my physical appearance. However, the X in my central nervous system were too embedded to be removed safely. I was given a minimal chance of survival.

Then, someone found a cure. They proposed using a Metroid cell to make an anti-X vaccine. It seems that the Federation had managed to preserve a cell culture from the last infant Metroid from SR388. The serum was prepared and injected without delay. The X parasites were immediately and completely destroyed.

As for me, one life ended...yet I survived, reborn as something different. Pondering this fact, I realize...I owe the Metroid hatchling my life twice over.

"We'll soon be arriving at the B.S.L research station. I must prepare for docking."

The ship's computer has notified me of our approach to the Biologic Space Labs, or B.S.L, research station. During my surgery, the research team sent the last batch of creatures we captured there, as well as the infected pieces of my Power Suit. After regaining consciousness, I learned that an unexplained explosion rocked the station. For some reason, this awoke a nameless fear in my heart, and now I am being sent there to investigate.

My mission on the B.S.L station will be overseen by my new ship's computer. Following the commands of this blunt, computerized CO is something I have to bear, as it was a condition of my taking the ship. For someone who dislikes taking orders, this is the second time I've found myself having to do so. It makes me recall my other CO...

I give full credit to Nintendo. As I restart the file, I will draft chapters (Usually about 2 or 3 pages long, on a college ruled piece of paper) and put them on here.
Shadowkirby17
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: Green is not a creative colour!

Re: Metroid Fusion: The Novel

Post by Shadowkirby17 »

>Metroid

I instantly love this.
Maybe it's ghosts.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

why is it worth loving? it's directly plagiarized from the intro of Fusion. you could have the same experience by turning on your GBA or even downloading a rom.
Shadowkirby17
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: Green is not a creative colour!

Post by Shadowkirby17 »

Because it is Metroid. That's why.
It also takes me half the time to read because of Metroid Fusion's insanely slow text loading time.
Maybe it's ghosts.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

^But that has little to do with the merits of the story itself. A novelization that pulls directly from its original media without making any original strides through the narrative is not much of a novelization so much as it is merely text from the base work.

In any case, Loudclaw, I understand that you just copied the intro because you felt it was concise enough, but think about this: you know a lot about how Samus would act, right? This is your chance to add more of Samus' thoughts that could have crossed her mind during the intro. As long as you plan on doing your own writing once you begin I'm not too worried about the intro; I'm just that saying you could safely add to the existing intro text without harming the intro's integrity.

I hope that you plan on continuing, though. I've never seen you write seriously before. Something tells me that when you write about something you really like, it probably is pretty decent.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

This reminds me of a Metroid fic I read once. It was the Metroid games done through the eyes of the Space Pirates, portraying everyone but Ridley and Phantoon as bumbling idiots. It was pretty good!

Looking forward to you branching off from the main work in terms of Samus' thoughts, etc.

May the SA-X terrify you all.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

Give me about 3 or 4 days and Chapter 1 is out. Promise.

Edit: I'll actually do this now, you've all waited long enough!

Chapter One: Why me?

My orders, essentially, were to get to the Quarantine Room and see what signs of life there was there. Seems easy enough, I thought. So when I got out of my ship, my first thoughts were not on the hatches, however.

They were on my new Suit.

The X had infested my central nervous system, I knew. But, it was the fault of them that I was left even more vulnerable than I'd ever been in my life, and that was including when Ridley had killed my mother right in front of me, when I was three. This Suit, which I dubbed the "Fusion Suit" due to its mixture of Chozo and Galactic Federation technology, as well as its Metroid capabilities... it was so much lighter than my old Varia Suit. But, as the computer had told me, all of my latent abilities had been disabled. I couldn't use any of my Beams, or even my MISSILES. This was particularly devastating, as I need my concussive weaponry in order to deal real damage to my enemies.

I stopped thinking when the computer gave a yell, as if to get my attention. I nodded, and looked around for the nearest hatch. It was to my right, and I ran through it. I kept running in a straight line, until the next room was vertical. Platforms were connected to the back wall, which was now to my left. Jumping on them, I was able to make my way up. Once, I missed it just barely. But I didn't fall, as I expected; my Power Grip from my Zero Mission had been salvaged. Or maybe it was because of how my Suit was so light now. Regardless, this would prove to be very useful in the long run. Smiling, I jumped up and ran through the next hatch. I couldn't see anything else, so I just ran on through.

In the next room, I saw that it went up. Hah! I could explore a little bit, I thought. So I jumped up the stairs (Who makes stairs so steep?) and saw hatches. Nice, I could leave. But no, I shot the Gray AND the Green ones and nothing happened. Greens must be Super Missiles; but what of Gray? Thinking on this, I remembered seeing a Red hatch. That must have been a Missile Hatch. I dropped down and entered the Navigation Room.

All it told me was where the Quarantine Room was! As if I was stupid. I ran through to the next room, which was dimmer. I couldn't see well, but I knew that the platforms were there. I felt them with my free hand; and when I got up, I went back down after entering the hatch. The next hatch locked behind me, and I heard something. This must be the Quarantine Room.

I jumped over the boxes, and I saw a Hornoad. Shooting it, I saw an X emerge from its corpse. Backing away, a bit fearful, I hit the locked door. The X found me, and it entered me. I screamed, thinking I would end up being corrupted again. But no! The damage I'd taken was healed by the X. This was excellent. So, instead of Energy Capsules... I could use X. I walked through the now unlocked hatch. I couldn't wait to do it again, to prove those X who was boss.

End of Chapter One.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

Bumping.

Can you please give me input?
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

Come on, guys! You wanted to see how I write! Give me input, please!
RileyTheChao123
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Location: I have the Chao Key, time to get to that Goal Ring!

Post by RileyTheChao123 »

I never had the plesure of playing a Metroid game, but being a writer to I can say this is very good!
Im back, it feels good...
and guess what? i still got...
#Chaoswag
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

Chapter Two: Gaining the Basics

When I returned to the Navigation Room, the computer told me that the X had begun to swarm the station and some stuff I'd found out for myself. I knew that I was able to absorb the X; I'd done it before, hadn't I? But it was good that I could regain my old abilities, such as my Charge Beam, from X-Parasites. Having the ability to do this? It meant that I could get back to full power, but how fast?

I recalled Nightmare. It had Gravity manipulative powers, I remembered. Were the pieces here...? If they were, I'd have a hell of a fight on my hands... it is one tough sucker. But what my worst concern was? The fact that one of those boxes had been blasted to pieces, and all that had been left was a Hornoad. How in the world was THAT possible?

I went up to that Gray Hatch I'd seen earlier; it was now blinking. Ah, so they were unlockable doors. I shot it, and ran on through. I saw an X; I ran to it before it could form a Hornoad and absorbed it. The next room was a Save Room. Good! I could save my Suit's data at these points, and hopefully transfer it back to my new starship. I saved my Suit's data, and went on.

Checking my map, I knew that I had to head up. So I did, and what do I see? Another Navigation Room. But the computer actually tells me something useful! The Galactic Federation was willing to give me some data of their own as they developed it. Nice! The Missiles were MINE! I had to have them, I mean. They were good to have, especially as they were concussive. What if I encountered Metroids?

That computer reminds me of a gruff Federation CO I served under named Adam Malkovich. He called me "Lady" on missions; from anyone else, it would've sounded sarcastic, but Adam made it sound dignified. Out of respect and with some irony, I named the computer after him.

I looked out at the stars for a while once I was at the top of the elevator. They were beautiful, and I sighed. Until I noticed the asteroid belt that I'd crashed in. It had been sheer luck that I had survived. Adam called out my name, as if to snap me out of my anger, and I shook my head to clear it. I moved to the next room.

Jumping up, I saw another Navigation Room. I moved on, seeing that the other door was still unlocked, and found the Data Room Adam had been talking about. I stepped onto the Pressure Pad, and the three diodes on my back acted as a data-transfer system. Once the Missiles were downloaded, a message played upon my Visor; Missile Launcher restored. Excellent, I have my Missiles now!

Stepping into the Navigation Room, the power went out. Now how was I to get to my Target?

Adam told me that there were ways of getting to my target, and I went out of the Nav Room. I noticed a glowing red panel on the wall immediately; was that the alternate pathway? I fired my Beam at it. Nothing. I used a Missile, and the panel fell off. I jumped into the hole and ran along the passageway. This was here the whole time? Wow...

In the next area, there was a green... thing. I don't even know what it is. I shot my Beam at it; again, nothing. A Missile damaged it, but it didn't kill it. So I tried another. And another. The third got it. I dropped down the Pit Blocks, ignoring the purple blob that was formed from an X. I dropped even farther down. Here, there was a ladder. It was obviously there for climbing, so I climbed it. And dropped down even more. I was starting to get a little nauseated from all this falling. Soon enough I saw a Missile Tank, and a hole to both sides. I checked the one that was slightly smaller. Nothing? I shot around with my Beam. Soon enough, of course, a Missile Tank was revealed. All my old adventures had taught me to look around when nothing seemed to be there. So I ran on through to the larger hole, shooting the blob to death. A Gadora. That made me realize that something was there. This one shot its beams first, just like Ridley's from my Zero Mission. When it opened its eye again, it wasn't solid yellow; I could see its pupil. As with... my last venture on Zebes... a Missile was what I needed to take it out, not a Beam shot. So I fired a Missile before it closed its eye. Rinse and repeat, twice. Upon its death, a red X showed up. It refilled my low Missile ammo and my Energy completely. I ventured into the room...

End of Chapter Two.