CI RPG!!! - Retro's Legend (Chapter 6)

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Who do you like so far?

Retro
29%
Aidan (Fox)
29%
Nick (Corvo)
29%
Kausa
14%

Total votes: 7

retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: CI RPG!!! - Retro's Legend

Post by retrolinkx »

Chapter 3: The Arrow Pointed at the Head of the Legend.
Spoiler:
Chapter 3: The Arrow Pointed at the Head of the Legend

We ran as fast as we can through the town, the blighters were already trying to set it alight flames could be seen in the distance. I told Kausa to hurry I had to find Aidan and Nick.
We came to a sudden stop when we heard the sound of a metal sword bash another.

“No, you idiot, Listen to me.”

I looked around and saw Aidan, dressed in some sort of robe, it covered his entire body. He had a sword sheathed on his side, and held a book in his hand. He seemed to be telling Nick how to fight off a raider, who was trying to kill him. He swung at the raider’s hip, and both of them jumped back. Nick looked back at Aidan.

“Shut up, I’m not listening to your advice that’s what got us handcuffed together in the first place.”

Nick looked a hell of a lot different than before. He was wearing a massive black cloth coat over his body that covered his body from head to toe. He also wore gloves, and boots.

“Look out” Adian said pointing at the oncoming attack from the raider. Nick looked back, and saw the raider running towards him. I had to act fast. I got out my bow and an arrow, and shot the blighter before he could even touch Nick.

“Retro!” Nick shouted in astonishment. I ran over to see if they were okay, Kausa followed behind.

“You guys okay?” I asked.

“Yeah, we’re fine.” Aidan replied nodding his head

“What the hell is going on?” Nick questioned glancing over to Kausa. “And who the hell are you?” gesturing his hand in her direction.

“I-I’m…” Kausa looked away from Nick

“She’s Kausa” I said directing my head “She’s a healer, and if it wasn’t for her right now, I guess I’d be dead”

“Ah I see.” Nick replied. “Still, what the hell is going on?”

“Well…”

I explained the situation to Aidan and Nick. I told them about the group, Kausa, and how they’re going to destroy this town looking for me.

“You idiot” Nick sneered

“Ah shut up, I couldn’t just stand there and watch it happen.” I responded
Soon, an arrow hit the ground next to Nick. We looked up, and saw a group of archers on the rooftop of a building. Behind him were several Pegasus Knights.

“Dammit!” I exclaimed “Come on guys, we gotta go”

We ran as fast as we could to cover, and tried for the tavern where the leader was with the golden axe. We eventually got the tavern fighting a few raiders along the way, luckily Kausa was on our side, and would heal us if we were hurt.

I finally saw the leader, behind a whole army of raiders; his golden axe stuck him out from the others.

“Okay guys, what do we do?” I asked.

“Nick, you and me will go fight the raiders that are protecting the leader, meanwhile Retro and Kausa will go and take out the leader from afar.” Aidan started to command the moves we should take to get rid of all these raiders from this town.

“Alright hands in!” Aidan put his hand out in front of him

“Dude, that’s kind of gay.” Nick supposed

“Yeah, I’d go with gay.” Kausa added

“O-oh…” Aidan stuttered, retreating his arm “W-Well guys, let’s go. Come on Nick” Aidan asked. Nick looked back at me and laughed quietly, I sighed and gestured him to go.

“LOOK OVR’ ERE’” one of the raiders shouted “COME ON LADS, LET’S GETTEM’”

I heard a clash of swords upon shields, and a commotion from the group, I hurried Kausa along, and we had to take down the leader.

“W-wait.” Kausa said, pulling on me to stop “What if you perish?”

“I won’t” I said back to her “If I get hit, you heal me, in turn I protect you.”

“Now come on.”

We hurried around the group, and went to their leader. He was brutally murdering a small group of villages trying to fight him, his golden axe was strong, and it was showing. I had to stop him, so I went to some higher ground, and hit the leader from afar, he shouted in pain, and turned around to see where it came from.

“AHA.” He shouted, taking all the attention off the villagers and onto me. I saw them gather the dead and wounded up and run away. “THERE YOU ARE” he pointed at me, and put his golden axe away. He took out a smaller axe, which was also golden, and threw two at me, luckily both of them missed.

“You can do it” Kausa said, cheering me on. I took out an arrow, readied my bow, and aimed for his head. I wanted this guy dead fast. I attached the arrow to the side of the bow, and pulled it back. It hit him right in the chest; he let out a shout in pain, and literally, pulled the arrow out of his chest.

“Crap” I exclaimed, it was his go, and he was moving further. He was trying to get to me; he knew as an archer I couldn’t fight head on battles. He was closer to me now than before, and took his shot, but not at me, at Kausa.

I rushed into the shot, and took them both. I fell to the ground in pain, and he laughed.

“HAHAHAHA how pathetic, wasting your life for some girl you don’t even know.”

Kausa looked worried, and started to see if I was okay, she turned me over, and noticed to wounds. It was her go, and she had to do something fast.

She took out her staff, and raised it up in the air. She said a small chant, and a blue light came out and covered the crystal of the staff. The light soon shot up into the air and then back down onto my body. I got up, feeling no pain, and continued my turn.

I grabbed another arrow from my quiver, and readied in on my bow. This time, I was going to kill him; I stretched the string back, and took a shot. It went straight through him.

“YES” I exclaimed

Although, he didn’t fall, he smiled and continued his turn. He got out his large golden axe, and then swung down at me. I braced myself for the hit...

…nothing happened.

I looked up, and saw an arrow, lodged into the side of his chest, and he fell down, motionless. I looked around to see who shot the arrow, but they were nowhere.

“I…I guess I was just lucky.” I said

I walked towards the leader, he was dead. I could tell. I took his Golden Axe, and put it in my inventory. I needed some compensation for what he did.

“Hey, Retro.” I heard Aidan calling my name. “We did it man, we took out most of them, and then when you killed the leader, the rest just ran.”
“Yeah” Nick continued “That was pretty cool, I thought you were done for, for a second there.” I then noticed Nick’s wrist bow, and that it was lacking an arrow. I smiled.

“Thanks, you guys.” I said

Suddenly, the town folk gathered around us, and started cheering, shouting and calling us heroes. The mayor of Gendis came up to us.

“That was an incredibly display of strength, brawn and perception. You four should be heroes.”

“Well…” I said chuckling.

“ALTHOUGH, I saw what happened in the tavern, this is your fault, and so…” He grabbed the Golden Axe from my hand. “THIS. Should cover the damages.”

He walked away with the golden axe, and the villagers stopped cheering, and went on with their lives.

“That…was nice.” Aidan said

“Ah, don’t worry, we won’t need to money, we got some fine prize here.” Nick said, eyeing Kausa.

He approached her smiling, and started to give her some one liner he picked up. Kausa wasn’t taking it, and hit him with her stave, we all laughed as Nick fell to the floor, and he eventually got up, and started shouting at me.

“What the hell, why did you lose the Golden Axe?”

“Who said, I lost the Golden Axe?” I hinted “He had more than one you know.” I got out one of the smaller axes he threw at me, and they all stared with a smile.

“TIME TO GO SHOPPING” Aidan said happily.

We all looked at him, and laughed.

“Dude, you’re acting really gay today…” Nick supposed.

“Today?” Kausa said “I thought he was always like this, it suits him.”

We all laughed and continued on. I told them that I had a quest, and I’d need more people to help, they all agreed to follow me, and we left the town of Gendis, with a new companion with us. I didn’t exactly know where I was going, but that’s the fun of an adventure, not knowing where you’re going…
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Re: CI RPG!!! - Retro's Legend (Chapter 3)

Post by Corvo »

WE GOT THE PIMP AXE.

HELL YEAH.
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

Ahhh this chapter was awesome :) I love every character. Nick's flirting with Kausa was hilarious too. And the fighting was great. Good job.
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

I nearly crapped my pants when you wrote that the healer and the archer were one group.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Corvo wrote:WE GOT THE PIMP AXE.

HELL YEAH.
I try.
Linds 269 wrote:Ahhh this chapter was awesome :) I love every character. Nick's flirting with Kausa was hilarious too. And the fighting was great. Good job.
Thanks, by the end, I thought I'd just end it quick, but I didn't want that, so I extended it with that part.
ThisIsTheUltimate wrote:I nearly crapped my pants when you wrote that the healer and the archer were one group.
I don't get this, did you mean I wrote the archer, and the healer as the same class? or did I you mean you nearly crapped your pants when I put the healer and the archer in one group to take down the leader?
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

@Ultimate
Psh! You underestimate healers!
You can do anything with one by your side :3

Great chapter Retro! Keep em coming~
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

It's just that I keep thinking about this in Fire Emblem terms. You split your team into two groups, but (in Fire Emblem, which I know this isn't) healers can't attack at all, and archers can't fight at close range, so you'll always want a direct fighter in front of them.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

As the resident war cleric I agree with Kausa, never underestimate a healer.
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

^ Support high-five.
Shaman (wow), Priest (Tera), Medic (TF2), support (LoL).
Always the healer and always happy about it.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Dr. Roivas »

Always nice to meet a fellow healer.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Well guys, here's a small update, nothing big, just some banter between Retro and Kausa, more will come with more characters talking about other things, backstories, anecdotes, dreams, the future etc.

I hope you guys enjoy it, and want me to do more.

The Stories from the Campfire: Kausa and Retro
Spoiler:
Night fell pretty quickly, and so we had to set up camp. We gathered some pieces of wood, and Aidan lit it with his spell book. The warmth was nice. I sat down and put my bow and quiver down beside me, I took out some food from my bag, and shared it with everyone. It wasn’t much, but it was enough for tonight.

Nick and Adian went away and started sparring with each other. I wasn’t sure if it was a dispute or if they really wanted to train. The only light was coming from the Campfire, and the moon. A nice breeze went past me and Kausa.

She was pretty quiet. She was sitting with her legs bent, and her hands wrapped around her legs. I asked her something, breaking the silence.

“You’re pretty quiet.” I said, trying to start a conversation

“…yeah.” She replied in a sad voice.

“Hmm, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“It’s just…we may have saved the day and all, but people still died…and it was my fault.” She looked away from me. “I sometimes wish I wasn’t a healer, and was a fighter I guess.”

“You knocked Nick out pretty good.” I laughed, trying to cheer her up. “Besides, there’s nothing you could do. Raiders would do anything to destroy a town, and believe me; they looked like there were on the verge of it.”

I looked up at stars in the night sky, and then back at Kausa. She was still very quiet, and didn’t respond to what I said, I guess it’s one of those things that you have to get over yourself I thought…

“My parents died from raiders…” she said.

I looked over to her.

“My father was a Sage; he was a very skilled one. He trained a lot, he read books, learnt everything he could. My mother was a Healer, she was very skilled with using Staves, and she had many. They met during one of the wars before my time…” she smiled while reminiscing, she picked up her small staff from her beside her. “In fact, the one I have now was a gift from my mother. She died shortly after that from a raider attack.”

“I-I’m sorry…” I knew my condolences wouldn’t be much, but saying something was better than nothing I assumed.

“It’s fine.” She said “What about you, Retro? What happened to your parents?”

“Oh, I don’t know. I never knew my parents I grew up an orphan.” I said. “I always had Picka though…”

“Pee-ka?” She said confused.

“Oh, his real name is Patryk. I nicknamed him Picka when he showed me his first book he wrote, he may have been younger than me, but he was always smarter. The book was about how he was a hero who saved the world with a group of people. I didn’t know how to read very well at the time, and I pronounced the main character as “Pee-Ka”. She laughed, and I continued “His handwriting was terrible though, it was full of loops and crosses, back then reading simple words was hard, and his handwriting was even more difficult.”

“Haha I could imagine.” She replied. “Thanks for cheering me up, Retro.”

“No problem” I answered “I didn’t like seeing you depressed.”

We both looked up at the night sky; we could see hundreds of stars. The only sound we were heard was the crackle of the campfire, and metal clangs from the swords.

“Anyhow…” I began. “We should probably get some sleep.”

“Yeah…” she spoke.

I picked up my quiver, and placed it under my head. It may have been full of arrows, but the thing was comfy, and the ground was cold. Kausa on the other hand was having some trouble sleeping, she wasn’t used to this kind of life. I could tell.

“Here.” I said, picking up my quiver, and giving it to her “Use it like a pillow.”

“I can’t…” she replied.

“Just use it; you’re not going to get to sleep like this if you don’t.” I replied.

She eventually fell asleep; soon Adian and Nick came and did the same. I was still awake thinking about her parents, but it soon slipped my mind, and I fell asleep after a few minutes. I knew that tomorrow would be a better day.
Last edited by retrolinkx on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

that was cute
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: CI RPG!!! - Retro's Legend (Campfire Story 1)

Post by Prince Ricard »

that was cool
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

that too
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Corvo wrote:that was cute
It was 2kawaii
ThisIsTheUltimate wrote:that was cool
I thought something small would be nice. I'm gonna do Aidan and Nick next.
Corvo wrote:that too
^
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

that was a cute, cool, and pleasant update. I enjoyed getting some backstory. actually liking these little updates a lot.
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

:3 Aw that was cute!
I wanna hear more about Pee-ka and Retro!
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Linds 269 wrote:that was a cute, cool, and pleasant update. I enjoyed getting some backstory. actually liking these little updates a lot.
No problem, I wouldn't mind doing a few small updates here and there if they're small.
Kausa wrote::3 Aw that was cute!
I wanna hear more about Pee-ka and Retro!
Haha, maybe I might do a small story about Picka and I.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Pretty innovative idea Retro! We should talk more. Looks like I'll have to fire up steam so we can. I think our writing styles would blend if we four ever get around to doing crossovers with each others' RPGs. That or we should do a project together someday. I haven't had Brandt mention friendship with Retro yet, but it's definitely coming.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

^

Thanks, also yes, we should talk more.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Re: CI RPG!!! - Retro's Legend (Chapter 4)

Post by retrolinkx »

Chapter 4: The Land of Déjà vu.
Spoiler:
Chapter 4: The Land of Déjà vu.

“So guys…” began Aidan “Where are we going?”

“I’m not sure” replied Kausa “I thought you had the map”

“No, I gave it to Nick” answered Aidan

“And I gave it to Retro” Nick responded

“I don’t have the map.” I said “And, you didn’t give it to me.”

“Damn it” Aidan exclaimed “Then where are we going?”

I shrugged and hummed an “I don’t know”.

“Great, just great.” Aidan seemed pissed for some reason; I wasn’t sure if it was the fact we didn’t know where we were going, or because we’ve been walking for a long time…

For a few hours now we’ve been walking through fields and fields of green. We passed Forests, Lakes, Beaches, and hell I think we even went through a cave. I wondered why they asked me for the map now; when they should’ve known I’ve had no idea where to go since the start.

“Hey…” Kausa called, pointing in a direction “T-There’s some people.”

We all looked to where she was pointing, and saw three people dressed in tunics, one was wearing green, the other red, and the last one was wearing blue. They had 2 horses dragging a large cart. We went over to ask them some questions.

As we approached the three men, we heard some bickering, and then a fight ensues

“THE REASON WE DON’T HAVE CUSTOMERS REDD, IS THAT YOU ALWAYS DON’T KNOW WHERE WE’RE GOING” shouts the Green one

“OH YEAH GREN, WELL WHO THOUGHT IT’D BE A GOOD IDEA TO SELL MORE THAN HALF OUR STOCK FROM SOME PITIFUL GOLD?” replies the Red one.

“Dammit guys” sighs the blue one “Why are you fighting, we have customers?” he points to us, and soon they stop fighting.

The red one gets up to shake my hand.

“Welcome to Redd, Gren’s and Blu’s . How are you fine gentlemen and lady today?” Redd questions “Please, take a look at our wears.” He drags me along to the cart.

Inside there were some produce, mainly fruit and vegetables, there were some weapons, but nothing really interesting. There was also an odd looking shield in the corner.

“Well…” Redd asks, interrupting my inner monologue “Wanna buy something?”

“Um…noo” I reply “Er, hey do you guys know where the nearest town is?” I ask, hoping for an answer, and not some more talk about their goods.

“Yeah, it’s over there, if you want we could help you get to town.” Gren responds.

“That’d be great!” Kausa enthusiastically replies.

They tell us the directions of the next town. We waved them goodbye, and ventured over to the next town. The town was pretty far, but I guess it was better than not knowing where we’re going.

As we continued on, we came across another three people bickering; they were also wearing Red, Green and Blue tunics. We went over to them and heard the same argument.

“THE REASON WE DON’T HAVE CUSTOMERS REDD, IS THAT YOU ALWAYS DON’T KNOW WHERE WE’RE GOING” shouts Gren

“OH YEAH GREN, WELL WHO THOUGHT IT’D BE A GOOD IDEA TO SELL MORE THAN HALF OUR STOCK FROM SOME PITIFUL GOLD?” replies Redd

“Dammit guys” sighs Blu “Why are you fighting, we have customers?” he points to us, and soon they stop fighting.

“What the hell?” Nick expresses. “Why are you guys fighting again?”

“Again?” Redd says “This is the first time?”

“What?” Aidan replies “But…we just saw you fight…?”

“Look friend, we don’t even know you.” The Blu responds. “Redd, and Gren. They always fight.”

“Déjà vu” I say. “This is impossible”

“Which way to town?” I shout. They point in the same direction as before. “Come on guys.”

We run in the same direction as before, through a forest, a lake, a beach, and then a cave, until we reached the same three people bickering.

“No!” I shout

“It’s the same three people as before.” Nick says

“Déjà vu…” I turn my head back to my group. “It’s the land of Déjà vu, a land that repeats itself, with no end. We will go back and forth until the end of time.”

“What are you talking about, Retro?” Kausa asks.

“I thought it was only a tale, I didn’t know it existed.” I reply

“Then how the hell do we get out of here?” Nick seemed worried. I looked away from him.

“I…I don’t know.” I respond.

“No…!” Aidan shouts, “We’re not going to stay here until the end of time. I’ve got a plan, follow me.”

Aidan leads the group to Redd, Gren and Blu, and they’re bickering again. He unsheathes his sword and directs it at them.

“I know it’s you.” He explains. “You’re the reason we’re here.”

“What are you talking about?” Redd asks

“Déjà vu. I know you’re behind it.” Aidan begins to explain “We constantly see you, but you act like nothing has happened. If you really were being affected by this land, you would know and act differently, but we always see you fighting, and acting the same. If you truly were humans, you would be affected by this.”

“Hahaha…” Blu laughs “You’re good…”

“No one has ever left here alive you know…” Redd continues.

“And we plan on keeping it like that…” Gren adds on

Suddenly a huge flash of light blinds us all.

“BUT IF YOU WANT TO TRY TO LEAVE. BE MY GUEST.” They shout.

As the light fades away, a large monster stands before us. He wore a Blue Tunic, had a Green Shield, and a Red Sword, his face was all black, and all you could see was a single eye. Aidan backs away, and joins up with us.

“W-What do we do?” Kausa asks…

“We can’t run. We can’t hide. We have to fight.” I said “Nick, you’re with me. Kausa go with Aidan.”

Nick joins up with me, and Kausa joins up with Aidan. Whatever this thing was, it was our only shot out of here. I didn’t know how we were going to defeat him, but we had to. I just hoped that we could get out of here before it was too late….
Last edited by retrolinkx on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

Omg that was cool. Like seriously, it was. The whole concept of the place was really neat. Cool chapter!
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Dr. Roivas »

do i smell a boss fight?

really cool chapter btw
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Thanks guys, I sort of rushed this a bit, the boss fight will be next, and maybe a bit more.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

look a boss fight that's cool