'Never Give Up' A Chao story by Snowy

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

So, how did I do?

Go gome, you're drunk.
44%
go back to school.
No votes
*insert this sucks gif here*
No votes
Okay, I guess....?
No votes
Cool, but it needs work!
11%
You did Awesome!
44%

Total votes: 9

Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

'Never Give Up' A Chao story by Snowy

Post by Snowy »

Prologue:(In Snowy's POV)
Spoiler:
I sighed and spoke, "I fell into that Dark Realm. My heart was pounding faster than ever. I tried to escape but it was no use. I was alone... forever in the dark. The last thing I saw was a pair of red eyes getting closer, it was about to kill me in the the spot, but I woke up". With that being said, I looked down at my paws and gave a small sigh. I never thought I would talk about my vision, but since my friends are worried about me, then why not fill them in? I glanced up at the three Double-Run Chao, they all smiled. Speedy gave me a small hug and returns back to where he was standing before, "If that vision ever comes true, we'll stay by your side." They all nodded in agreement. I take out my Ice emerald, it's nice cold glow making feel like I was on the biggest mountain in the world. Faking a smile I reply, "Thanks..."
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Re: 'Never Give Up' A Chao story by Snowy

Post by CitrusCat »

I really like it. Please continue. :3
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Thanks. I'll start on Chapter 1 tomorrow.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Good Job Snowy! You've improved a lot, and Have gotten better at breaking up your sentences with periods and commas. :3
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

This starts right after Seasonal Chaos.
Chapter 1:
Spoiler:
Snowy the Chao, a sky blue mono-two-tone Sonic chao, was flying around the clouds. The sun was going down and the sky and the clouds were getting that nice tint of pink, orange and yellow colours. Snowy flew to the highest cloud he could find and watched as the sun went down. He always went there to keep himself out of trouble and to stay away from the stress the Time Hero business has brought him. He was always saving the world with the the Time Heroes, a group of chao who are either immortal, time travlers, save the world before, or has hanged out with the Time Heroes. And since Snowy has all of those requirements, he became a Time hero. But those times we're horrible. He finally got a parade in his honour along with the other Time heroes. But what happend? They were in the middle a of terrorist attack from one of Chaos' evil clones, an army of aandroid versions of the Time Heroes along with their Demonic/Anti versions. He was in the middle of a Time Collapse where time stood still and different chao from other times reunited with the present chao. And the two most painful ones, The Apocolypse and the fight against his brother. he had to kill his friends who were infected by zombie chao and had to defeat and banish his own brother to another planet where the chao originally came from. But not just that, he also came to experience the beautiful sunset. The sky was that was full of beautiful tints of hues slowly fade away as it turned into the dark and beautiful Indigo Snowy has come to love. "My beautiful moon, let there be more nights as beautiful as this one, with more of your beautiful night lights" Snowy smiled as the moon shined all over Moon Shine Village. He dove down towards the peaceful village where he has recently lived and entered his hut. He turned on the light and walked over to his bed and layed down. "This feels nice, saved the dragons, hanged out with my friends, no doomsday plots, and no more work!" Snowy thought to himself as he slowly fell asleep. He glanced at his Ice emerald and fell asleep. He dreamed about his past adventures. Oh those were the days, fighting, racing, saving the world. Snowy felt free. But of course, these days have been horrible. Before saving the dragons, he had to spend his days alone. After all the years saving the world no one gives him any shout outs or any small parties. Not even a single triangle fruit cupcake. But he moved here into Moon Shine Village where his number 1 fan, 'Light', a Shiny Yellow H/F/F, lives. Now he was never that lonely

Anyways, the next day, Snowy woke up, to hear loud screaming and water splashing everywhere. The dark chao called 'Good Bye' was attacking the Village. Snowy was told by Light that Good Bye was always attacking their village when the moon shined it's brightest. Snowy jumped out of bed, grabbing his ice emerald and quickly ran outside.

"So we meet again Snowy!" the dark chao yelled evily. Snowy rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Didn't I tell you to stay out of my Village?" Snowy wasn't surprised, the evil chao always did the same thing, he came over and tried to kill him with his water abilities but failed. "Water may win against fire! But you keep forgetting one thing..." Snowy chuckled as his eyes started to glow and he floated above the ground. "What?" the dark chao asked again, at the same time the dark chao charged a water beam and was ready to knock out Snowy. "ICE BEATS WATER!" Snowy shouted loudly as he charged an Ice beam at the dark chao. Good Bye didn't have to time to react and was sent flying away again. Snowy sighed and landed back on the ground. He entered his hut again and puts his ice emerald down and sighed. "Again, the villagers are safe but they we're in hiding the whole time which means, no celebration in my honour, again. And they won't believe Light who was watching because she's just a kid." He packed a few things in his backpack and angrily and exited his hut. He decided to go visit Speedy and Milo in the cold mountains of 'Snow Bridge'.
Last edited by Snowy on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Before I get into detailed critism as per usual, I'm going to join Nacho in congratulating you. Since the last time I read any of your works you've really greatly fixed the huge grammar issues you had and I love the general insight into Snowy's thoughts and feelings throughout the chapter. That and the detail are both things that a lot of people who write similar stories to this are too lazy to do, so well done indeed.

Naturally there is still stuff that you can work slowly to improve. Annotations in bold.
Spoiler:
Snowy The Chao, a Sky Blue Mono-Two-Tone Sonic Chao, was flying around the clouds.
Not much of this needs to be capitalised. I'd say only Snowy and the first Chao need capitalisation as they are his name and title. Everything else is description which doesn't need capitalisation.
The sun was going down and the sky and the clouds we're *were getting that nice tint of pink, orange and yellow colours. Snowy flew to the highest cloud he could fine *findand watched as the sun went down. He always went there to keep himself out of trouble and to stay away from the stress the Time Hero business has brought him.
Whilst I like the description so far, I feel a brief description of what a chao is might be in order. Although that isn't really essential as this is a chao site, it's still a good habit to get into. I'd also have liked a brief paragraph explaining in short the adventures of the Time Heroes for people who haven't been involved in those RPs. Again, it's your choice as your target audience is those people.
But he also came to experience the beautiful sundown. The sky was that was full of beautiful tints of hues slowly fade away as it turned into the dark and beautiful Indigo Snowy has come to love.
The word order in this sentence is very sketchy, so much so that I can't actually figure out what you should do to fix it.
"My beautiful Moon, let there be more nights as beautiful as this one, with more of your beautiful night lights" Snowy smiled as the Moon slowly shined all over Moon Shine Village.
No capital letter needed on moon, full stop needed at the end of the dialogue. Also, how can a moon shine slowly? Slowly is the wrong word to try to use there.
He dove down towards the peaceful village where he recently lives and enters his hut. He turns on the light and walks over to his bed and lays down.
You've changed tense here: it should be "where he has recently lived and entered his hut." It should also be turned and walked. Remember that you have been writing this in past tense and should stick to that.
"This feels nice, saved the dragons, hanged out with my friends, no doomsday plots, and no more work!" Snowy thought to himself as he slowly fell asleep. He glanced at his Ice emerald and fell asleep.
No caps needed on ice.
He dreamed about his past adventures. Oh those we're the days, Fighting, racing, saving the world.
Were, not we're. We're is an abbreviation for "we are", were is the past participle for was, just to clarify. Also no need for caps on fight. I also feel this should be the start of a new paragraph.
Snowy felt free. But of course, these days have been horrible. Before saving the dragons, he had to spend his days alone. After all the years saving the world no one gives him any shout outs or any small parties.
Gave, not give. And had, not have before it.
Not even a single ******* triangle fruit cupcake. But he moved here into Moon Shine Village where his number 1 fan, 'Light' a Shiny Yellow H/F/F, lives.
Although I like the personal touch the triangle fruit sentence has, I feel swearing perhaps isn't appropriate for a chao story. Another comma is needed after 'Light'.
Anyways, the next day, Snowy woke up, to hear loud screaming and water splashing everywhere. A dark chao called 'Good Bye' was attacking the Village.
This probably should've began another paragraph. I also feel this is a little too rushed. How does he discover this? No caps needed on village.
Snowy jumped out of bed, grabbing his Ice Emerald and quickly ran outside.
No caps needed on ice emerald.
"So we meet again Snowy!" the dark chao yelled evily. Snowy rolled his eyes and sighed. "Didn't I tell you to stay out of my Village?"
Whilst I like this dialogue, there is a common grammar issue here. Each time a new speaker speaks you should leave a space and start a lone as so:
Snowy jumped out of bed, grabbing his ice emerald and quickly ran outside.

"So we meet again Snowy!" the dark chao yelled evily. Snowy rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Didn't I tell you to stay out of my Village?" Snowy wasn't surprised, the evil chao always did the same thing, he came over and tried to kill him with his water abilities but failed. "Water may win against fire! But you keep forgetting one thing..." Snowy chuckled as his eyes started to glow and he floated above the ground.
Notice I also fixed the tensing issues in one of those sentences too, along with a couple of random capitalisation's. Your grammar involving the speaker is good though, I'm inpressed that you have managed to avoid a common pitfall involving capitalisation after a piece of dialogue.

Snowy wasn't surprised, he always does the same thing, he comes over and tries to kill him with his water abilities and fails.
You switched to present tense again: see above for the fix.
"Water may win against Fire! But you keep forgetting one thing..." Snowy chuckled as his eyes started to glow and he floated above the ground. "What?" the dark chao asked again, at the same time the dark chao charged a water beam and was ready to knock out Snowy. "ICE BEATS WATER!" Snowy shouted loudly as he charged an Ice beam at the dark chao.
Same speech thingy as before. Also no caps needed for ice. I'd have liked a bit of a more fleshed out battle too but this is fine.Good Bye didn't have to time to react and was sent flying away again. Snowy sighed and landed back in the ground.
On the ground, not in the ground. In would apply that he sank into it :')
He entered his hut again and puts his Ice Emerald down and sighed. "Again, the villagers are save but they we're in hiding the whole time which means, no celebration in my honour, again. And they won't believe Light who was watching because she's just a kid."
No caps on ice emerald, but you get that now. Safe not save, were not we're. He packed a few things in his backpack and angrily exits his hut.
Exited not exits.
He decided to go visit Speedy and Milo in the cold mountains of 'Snow Bridge'.
I know that seems like a lot of criticism but it really want that bad all things considered. I liked the level of detail and clear effort into elaboration, although I would've liked the battle to be fleshed out a little more. Anyway, well done. It really is a huge improvement on what you were doing eight months ago, and it was good for your age.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Thanks Sky, I saw this earlier and ignored because I was a bit tired and couldn't process everything in my head. But now i have and edited everything you told me was wrong. i added a few new things too. I appreciate your help!
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

I thought "Chao" was supposed to be capitalized. I mean, the main site here on Chao Island capitalizes it, so...
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

chao? is like an animal.

you don't necessarily capitalize the words, bunny, or dolphin, or any other animals like that. But sometimes it's apart of a title, like Snowy's name for example.

It would be, "Snowy the Chao."

Other times it would be, "Snowy saw a chao."
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

You guys have both impressed me. Snowy, your writing has shown dramatic improvement and you have a wonderful attitude when it comes to criticism. I'm quite interested in the Snowy character. SG has covered what I would have more or less, so all I have to say is keep doing what you're doing! SG, your critique approach has come a long way too. I'm starting to feel that this section is in good hands when I'm absent.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

I agree with what AB has reaffirmed about you Snowy, and thanks AB, although I'm still not at your level. I don't know all of the terminology and sometimes get things wrong as you have seen before, but I try my best and thank you all the same.

And Citrus, Nacho is completely right when it comes to the capitalisation of chao. The site has is capitalised A. because it is the first word in the title, B. because it is a name of a place, like New York.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Dude.
I feel like I could cry.
MAN, YOU HAVE IMPROVED LIKE....THIS MUCH *stretches out arms as wide as I could possibly reach...*
peace out ci
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

I LOVE This Story Snowy!
Being the Book-Worm I am,I really enjoyed this,Please make Chapter 2 soon. :surprise:
Image I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a Freak. So I've been a Freak all my Life and I have to live with that,you know. I'm one of those people.