The Currently Scrapped CI X Persona Crossover

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

The Currently Scrapped CI X Persona Crossover

Post by Blasphemy »

Prologue

The sun was setting on another busy day for the residents of Iwatodai City. Most kids were going home or to hang out with friends, while adults working or making the commute home. Some were going drinking, not caring that they probably had work the next morning. Many stores were getting ready to close, packing up items, serving their last customers, cleaning the store as needed.

One female was making her way down the street, caring little for the people around her. She was tired as usual and was in no mood for communicating. The sun’s rays made her sienna colored skin glow a soft orange. She had short, straight, thin nearly black hair with a bang that covered her eyebrows. She had a tall and lean frame; her long arms and legs complemented this. Her small, thin hands housed surprisingly sharp and long nails that were unfortunately sometimes uneven and jagged from pieces breaking off every so often. It was easy to tell that she was very bottom heavy and combine with the large steps she took when walking, it seemed she was firmly rooted to the earth. Her black boots were decorated with a few sharp, metal spikes and had a low heel. They just covered her knees, concealing most of her legs. Comfort was her first priority, especially when wearing shoes. She was a black short-sleeved dress that was covered with black, star shaped studs and buttons. There were belt loops around her waist were a belt should have been, but the wearer saw no need for it as the dress was slimming enough by itself. Three black spiked bracelets coiled themselves around her wrists and a spiked collar around her neck.

She continued walking; being careful not to bump into anyone. Suddenly, what felt like creeping, slimy tendrils invaded her mind. She walked right into a man in front of her, who yelled at her and glared. The woman seemed to take no notice, her eyes vacant and void of life. Every so often, she struggled for control, but to no avail. Like a machine, she did as the invader told her and walked to the destination implanted in her mind.

“STOP!” She yelled.

The tendrils left her mind and she finally had control of herself again, at the cost of a migraine.

“Urgh…” She grumbled while holding her head.

She took a small, quick look around to find herself in what looked like a small garden. Weeds and grass overran the garden, it looked like it hadn’t been tended to in years. There were some flowers still scattered around the place, and there was no visible fence, just brick walls instead. Oddly, there was no roof, and when she looked up at the sky, the large, yellow moon stared back at her. A chill ran through her spine while looking at it, its sheer size unnerving her. She looked behind her and saw a door that had a brick placed at the bottom of it to keep it from closing. It finally dawned on her; she had no idea where she was or how she had got there.

“…Where am I? And the how the hell did I get here?” She muttered while futilely trying to massage her pounding head.

She looked down at the space in front of her to find it occupied by a small pond. The pond was littered with numerous dead Koi that probably died from neglect. The water seemed stale and ominously still. The female took a few steps back, another chill running through her body. The surface of the water started to ripple. Startled and wide eyed, she looked all over the room for source of the water disturbance.

…There was none. Panicking, the woman was hyperventilating, and was about to turn to run far away before it was too late. Before she could make a run for the door, those invasive tendrils from earlier captured her mind and turned her body around. Having at least a little control this time, she tried to plant her feet in the ground to stop, but she failed. Her body walked over to the edge of the pond.

“St-STOP!”

She jumped into the pond and much to her surprise and dismay everything went dark. She didn’t feel water but instead an empty void. The tendrils let go, leaving her with the feeling of falling.
Last edited by Blasphemy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: The Currently Scrapped CI X Persona Crossover

Post by Blasphemy »

It wasn’t long until she landed on the ground in a ungraceful heap. She grunted in pain, then slowly picked herself up and brushed off the dirt that was on her. After doing that, she looked around and gasped from what she saw. She had landed in a strange world that was completely void of color, complemented with an equally empty atmosphere.

She seemed to be in what looked like a small clearing in a park, with nearly dead grass and dying trees. The leaves on the trees reminded her of how her hair was falling out. Simply running her hand through her hair seemed to make many strands fall out, much to her dismay. The leaves seemed to react the same way; when she took a step forward, a few leaves fell off the tired, withering branches. She looked off into the distance and saw grey, dreary, buildings that seemed to have large chunks missing from them. Hearing a rustle from close by, she jumped and swerved. ...Nothing, which didn’t make the woman feel any better. She narrowed her eyes at the trunk of the tree, noticing something that wasn’t apparent before. Taking a few steps closer, she started to make out what it was: A face, twisted in agony carved into the tree. What was more unnerving was how natural it looked. Someone didn’t take a knife and carve the face into the tree, it was there on its own. This made the tree appear eerily alive, and she wouldn’t have been surprised if it started moving on its own. Squeaking at the realization, she hopped back and looked around at the rest of the trees that surrounded the clearing. The rest of them had the same pained expressions on their trunks. A-Am I dead…? What is this…terrible place?! She could feel her heart beginning to beat at a painfully fast rate in her chest and body began to heat up. She hunched over, putting her right hand on her right knee and her left hand on her chest, trying to calm down and get a hold of herself before she made things worse. Shinobu… The woman stood up straight at the sound of that.

“Who was that…?” She muttered, “And how did they know my name?”

I’m probably hearing voices again. Wouldn’t be the first time. Shinobu had heard voices calling her name before, but this one felt different; gentle and needy rather than the abrupt shouting she usually heard. Looking around the field again, she no other signs of life. However, she heard another shuffle from not too far away. This made her flinch once again as she turned to the source. Not seeing anything burst into the clearing from the cluster of trees, she turned away. Thinking about what to do for a moment, she was about to yell for help, but quickly silenced herself, remembering what happened to people who yelled in horror movies. This place looks like it came straight out of a really creepy horror flick, so perhaps it would be best to try not to bring too much attention to myself while here.

Finally, she walked over to the trees and cautiously moved between them, keeping her eyes on them in case they tried anything. After a few minutes of weaving between different trees, she began to see bushes, a bench, and some large black shapes moving past the bench. What are those? They don’t look human. Hmmm… She got on her knees and silently crawled towards the bushes, trying to avoid their sight. When she made it to the bush, she carefully poked the top half of her body through and pushed the leaves aside, trying to make as little noise as possible. What she saw nearly made her scream. They were very tall, narrow black wisps that appeared to have nothing but a circular mouth full of sharp teeth in the middle. They had arms, but they were tentacles and they lacked legs, moving by levitating a few inches off the ground. Holding her breath, Shinobu shakily started pulling herself back out of the bush and back away on all fours. When she stood up, her face was but a few centimeters from the jagged teeth of one of the wispy creatures. Numerous white circles seemed to open up around its mouth, small and unnerving. The creature opened it’s mouth wider, saliva running off of it’s teeth and onto the dead grass. Shinobu’s heart immediately started racing as she stumbled back from the creature with wobbling legs. As she stepped back, creatures advanced, all of their eyes becoming visible. After a few moments of advancing, the creatures rushed towards Shinobu. She gasped, then quickly turned and broke out into a run, rushing into the deteriorating city. Even though she didn’t dare look back, the thought of the creatures’ teeth sinking into her back and their tentacles constricting themselves around her neck made chills run through her body and kept the adrenaline pumping through her, beckoning her legs to keep moving. She saw an open door to a building and quickly darted into it, doing anything to keep them away from her. She hid in the darkness and knelt underneath a window to the right of the doorway, covering her head and trying to breathe as quietly as possible. She barely had enough time to think before the creatures were standing at the doorway, looking in but not going inside. They left after thinking that she was gone. Shinobu saw the shadows of the creatures on the floor slowly moving left, leaving the building. She finally let herself breathe again as the adrenaline rush started to leave her body. Her heart stopped racing, but it still kept beating at a quick pace. She wheezed because she physically overworked her body from that long sprint. After taking a few minutes to rest, Shinobu slowly stood up and looked around. Realizing that she was surrounded by darkness, she became nervous as thoughts of horrible things jumping at her or grabbing her rushed through her nerve-wracked mind. Her teeth began to chatter as she slowly started walking through the darkness, keeping her hands out in front of her.

Shinobu…Please…listen to me…

Shinobu completely ignored the voice, too busy focusing on navigating her unknown surroundings. After feeling around the darkness for some time, she tripped and fell on what felt like stairs. She cursed and grunted, rubbing the sensitive area of her knee. She stood and felt for the railing and after finding it, she tightly gripped it and started to carefully climb the stairs. She walked up the first set and came to a landing. Repeating what she did before, she continued to climb up the stairs, repeating this process until she came to what seemed like the very top of the stairs. It had felt like hours, the constant darkness was making Shinobu’s eyes hurt and her legs ached from climbing so many flights of stairs at once. Tiredly, she felt along the wall again and then retracted her hand when she felt something solid and cold. Since she didn’t hear any movement of sound, she lightly placed her fingers on it again, running them from side to side. Hmmm…I wonder… She pushed herself against the cold object and heard it creak and a lock shift. Surprised and hopeful, she quickly put her all of her weight against the bar and using what little strength she had left to push the door open. Shinobu squinted her eyes as light flooded them, and walked outside, letting the door close behind her. After adjust to the light, she opened her eyes more and scanned her surroundings. She found herself on the roof of the building she entered some time ago. She sighed, disappointed because this wasn’t helping her find a way back home. Just then, she heard growls and roars coming from the stairwell. She spun on heels, turning to the door with wide eyes and an increased heart rate. After a few more sounds, the door swung open to reveal the wispy creatures she was running from earlier. She gasped and staggered back, surprised and fearful. H-How did they find me?! Didn’t I lose them?! The creatures advanced toward her again, their eyes looking at her maliciously. She continued backing up until she was at the edge then looked behind her.

Shinobu…Listen to me…

It was a very long way down to the cement below. She squeaked, then looked back at the monsters approaching her. Realizing that she had nowhere else to run, they lunged at her. This made her wobble backwards and slip, falling off the building. Shinobu screamed as she fell, her heart beating at a deadly pace as thoughts of death bolted through her mind.

Shinobu…Call me...!

“C-Call you?!” She forced out, “What are you talking about?!”

Call my name…quickly…!

“Call your name?!”

She didn’t know what she meant, she never heard that voice before in her life until she entered this strange world. She didn’t know who this being was! Suddenly, a name came to mind and only one. Frightened and out of options, she breathed in and called the name as loudly as she could.

“KAAAAAALIIIIII!”

From her body, a black energy glowed from within her and flew out, forming into a humongous entity. Shinobu felt herself drop onto something that felt softer than cement. Opening her eyes, she looked to see she was standing on what looked like a massive, flesh colored palm that was moving her upwards towards the rooftop. She saw four huge fingers extruding from in front of her and a thumb to her right. She looked up to see a tan-skinned, female face looking down at her. The female had long, ebony hair and glowing white eyes. She was adorned with gold earrings and a gold necklace. The being had what looked like eight arms; seven of them were holding weapons. Shinobu squeaked, turned around and backed up towards the fingers while still on her bum. The entity shook her head, smirking. The entity gently plopped Shinobu back onto the rooftop facing her.

“Wh-Who are you?” Shinobu asked shakily, still trying to process everything.

I am you, your inner self. I am the being you just called, Kali.” The enormous woman answered, “Thank you for finally answering my plea.

“You are my inner self…?”

Shinobu seemed confused and was about to ask more before she heard more mangled screeching. She looked over and saw the monsters from earlier lunge at her again. She squeaked as Kali moved her hand in front of the monsters, shielding Shinobu from their attacks.

I am here to help you. It is now time that you fought these creature back.

“How?”

Like so.

Kali’s hand disappeared as her colossal form turned into the same black energy that left Shinobu’s body earlier. The energy entered Shinobu and made her body visibly display it. Shinobu felt any previous tiredness disappear, and she felt rejuvenated and powerful.

“Wow, this feels amazing!” She chirped.

The creatures seemed to draw back from the newly upgraded Shinobu, afraid of the energy she was emitting.

I increase both your strength twentyfold and your swiftness fourfold, making it easier for you to defeat your enemies. Any damage you take has less of an effect on you than it normally would if I were not helping you. Now enough talk, use my energy and tear them asunder with all of your might!” Kali ordered from within Shinobu’s mind.

Noticing Shinobu had not started attacking yet, they rushed at her. Shinobu quickly drew her right foot back and dug it into the ground. She balled her right hand into a fist, making sure to leave her thumb on the outside, then pulled her arm back and waited. Once one of the monsters were close enough, she swiftly launched her punch, hitting one of her enemies in the face. Said enemy flew back into a wall and vanished seconds later, revealing the giant dent that it left in the wall next to the door. Despite never having fought a day in her life, the power seemed to augment Shinobu well, almost making her seem like an experienced fighter. She grabbed one of her foes by the head and tore it in half, making it disappear. One tried to grab her with it’s tentacles, but she evaded them, then grabbed and tore the tentacles off. She rushed up to it and brought her knee up into what she considered it’s abdomen, defeating it. She continued throwing kicks and punches, slamming, throwing, and doing whatever else she could think of until there were none left.

Shinobu smiled while panting. That…that was amazing! Those were the weaker ones. You have yet to meet the more menacing and dangerous Shadows. Shadows…? Those things I just defeated? Yes. You had best leave before more arrive because you are still inexperienced. At this point, you can be easily overwhelmed. My power will remain with you until you leave. All right…thanks, Kali. With that, Shinobu quickly made her way to the spot where she had originally started. Once she had gotten there, she saw a bright beam shooting up through the sky. Stand in it, and you will be taken home. Shinobu nodded and stood in the light. In mere seconds, another intense light blinded her. The next time she opened her eyes, she found that she was back in the rundown garden next to the pond. Not wanting to stay a second longer, she quickly left the old abandoned apartment building to collect her bearings and sort out whether or not her frightening experience really happened. When she realized where she was in relation to her home, she sighed, irritated and very tired. She just wanted to climb into her bed and rest, but she had a long way to go before she would reach her home.

----------------------------------------
AN: I don't know how many of you remember, but TG (TechnoGeisha) held a contest months ago where we had to crossover a different media with CI. After some thought, I eventually decided to try it for fun. I had gotten far in writing it, but other events happening at the time, stress, depression, and school work forced me to put it on hold. By the time I thought about it again, I had lost motivation, my situation had not gotten much better, and I realized that this is kind of a big project, so I scrapped it. I just finished the prologue and first chapter, which were originally going to be one, but at the moment I don't have too much interest in continuing it. Since I doubt this will go much further, I figured I would just post what I have. When I was last still planning, I was figuring out which CI members would be social links and for which major arcana, as well as refining information for the CI members who were part of the main cast.

Since I plan on writing another story pretty soon, I figured this would be a good story writing exercise to try and scrap off some of the rust and help me back into a more informal way of writing. I also want to thank Pastaa for her help in the planning stages. If not for her help, I would not have been able to even begin writing this.

Lastly, the italics are Shinobu's thoughts, while the bold italics are her persona (Kali) communicating with her through her mind.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

I should play Persona more.

Still, great story. You remind me why I'll never be able to write good, grammatically correct stories ;_;.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Thank you, I am pleased it is at least enjoyable! My grammar isn't really that correct though. Most of the time I'll overuse commas or forget how semicolons work and all of that jazz because English grammar sucks.
-Henri Poincare

cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

very good, i really like the way you write, though i would've liked your scrapped idea to develop the persona concept in your own terms as opposed to in a p3 way. total shame this was scrapped though, it would've been excellent.
eboy's seme