Pokemon X and Y: A Novelization

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

Pokemon X and Y: A Novelization

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

Alright, the usual. First, I'm naming the mains Gee (pronounced like the letter "G") and El (short for "Rachel") to go with the letters motif. Second, I'll be focusing more on the female lead but the male is going to be based on me personality wise but I''ll do my best not to make a Gary Stu out of im. Fourth, while Gee is from Unova, his father isn't supposed to be a stereotype. He's just kind of not a nice person.

Enjoy and hope with me I can actually finish this~

Prologue: Gee and Fletchling

Gee sat in his new room, on the bed specifically, sitting down with his face in his hands. He'd just moved into some strange land called Kalos, and he wasn't...adapting well. His mother's Fletchling suddenly flew in, perching on his shoulder and squawking; it was irritating.
"Aaaa, coming!""
He halfheartedly swatted at it like some kind of insect before getting up and stumbling to the mirror. He was in his pajamas.
"Right, that."
He hurriedly threw on a random outfit.
"Not pajamas. Works."
With that simply eloquent statement out of the way, he proceeded down the stairs. He had a blank look on his face.

"Yeah, mom?"
"I got a letter from that Sycamore fellow I heard about earlier. Something about getting you a new Pokemon so you can learn more about this place. You seemed pretty eager back in Unova~"
He sighed. Pokemon battling was, frankly, a barbaric sport. Men of his age (meaning his era, not his generation, although it was hardly limited to his elders) solved their disputes by making monsters capable of literally shaking the earth fight for them, an idea at once hilarious, strange, and downright horrifying. How did they, the scrawny little scavengers with no fangs or claws, let alone fire or lightning or terraforming, become dominant? And even with them on top, how was the margin of such so...huge?

His mother snapped him out of his train of thought.
"Besides, you know how much this means to the family!"
Right. His family had a lineage of trainers, with a gym leader or two and even a champion...apparently. He didn't know because it was in the past and he never bothered reading up on that particular subject. He didn't want to become one but wasn't particularly in strong objection, it was just strange in a sort of angry-guy-with-an-ax-in-my-life-for-who-knows-why reason. And of course, there was the Pokemon he got for his tenth birthday so long ago...

"....fine. Where is he?"
"Just go straight north from this little village and you'll get there in no time. And apparently there's a group of people doing this too~"
While it was annoying, almost grating, to hear this once again after so many times back in his home continent, it was better than his dad's version of the speech. His would've been more like:
"Son, it's time to stop sitting around on your ass feeling sorry for yourself and giving back to the community. Go out and make a living! Also there's a girl about your age doing this and if you don't know why I said that you're a stupid, stupid person."
Gee smirked. The chauvinist pig, annoying as he was, had a point. Pulling out his poke ball and tossing it up and down a few times, he finally responded with the same enthusiasm his mother had.
"I guess I will."
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.