Jack's Songfics

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Should I keep doing 'em every week or so?

NO! THEY SUCK ASS
25%
No, they're not good enough.
25%
Yeah! You do all right.
25%
Of course! Do it twice a month
No votes
Dude, badass. One a week.
No votes
DO ONE PER DAY DUDE OMG
25%

Total votes: 4

Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Jack's Songfics

Post by Jack Augustine »

Well... I decided that since people like my songfics elsewhere, and I found a song I can add depth to a character with via a songfic, I'll do it here.

Zero's Desperation [Iridescent, by Linkin Park]

When you were standing in the wake of devastation
When you were waiting on the edge of the unknown
And with the cataclysm raining down
Insides crying, "Save me now!"
You were there, impossibly alone

Zero sighed, looking down into the crater that was his original home. His Fire ring was glowing, fighting against the downpour that was being sent down by nature, as if the heavens themselves were mourning the loss of his home. But that was impossible; he was only celebrated by being one of few Time Heroes. Even he didn't know what was going to happen from here on out. Looking at his former home reminded him somehow of Luna, and he bit his lip, struggling against what was inevitable. He'd intentionally returned to the site alone, without his few friends...

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go

Zero turned, and walked away slowly. Even with Destiny... Snowy... Even CHAR... by his side, he was always alone within. He only knew failure, never success, when he tried at what was important (Aside saving the world). But Destiny... She reminded him of Luna, of course, and rightly so; she was a descendant of her. Luna had reincarnated as someone different, yet the same, but the loss of Luna herself had shaken him heavily. He'd been put into a state of depression for many years, until he finally shook it off soon before he met her again, in his first Time Collapse "adventure"... this was where he began being well-known.

And in a burst of light that blinded every angel
As if the sky had blown the heavens into stars
You felt the gravity of tempered grace
Falling into empty space
No one there to catch you in their arms

The world flashed white once; a lightning bolt was summoned right in front of him. Zero didn't summon it; he had the wrong Ring for that, but as the thunder cracked mere inches away from his face, the clouds burst apart... revealing a very starry night. Gazing skyward, he noticed a constellation that looked so much like Luna... he missed her so much. But in this, he fell down into a hole... a deep one. This crater had formed at the bolt, but said bolt had been huge for its standards, causing a large crater. But Zero didn't know this, and he tumbled head over heels, ending up in his rolling position to stop himself from getting killed. His head full of Luna rather than what was around him, he kept rolling. When he stopped rolling, he thought that Luna had come down from the stars to stop his death, but no; a boulder was simply conveniently placed right there to stop him from falling.

And let it go. Let it go

Opening his eyes yet again, Zero saw that Luna hadn't saved him, but the aforementioned boulder. The thought only made him feel more lonely and desperate to see Luna yet again. He wanted to just spend time with her once more, but he couldn't. Not this way. But not by death, either. Zero scrambled back up to the top with some trouble (He wasn't a Power type, he wasn't very good at climbing) and skirted the crater. He would head back to Destiny.

"I can't take this anymore..." he murmured to himself.

And let it go. Let it go

At this thought, Zero sped up. He wanted to get back to Destiny, ASAP... Something about her reminded him of Luna, and that was in a good way as well as a bad one. Good, it reminded him of Luna. Bad, it brought back memories and it eventually left him brooding. However he needed some comfort at the moment, and Destiny could supply that. Luna was gone, and Zero would have to face it. No matter what it took.

Let it go
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go

And let it go. Let it go

Zero continued on his way, memories of each of the "adventures" he was so well-known for. The only good part about them had been the fact that Luna had been forced forward in time (or back, he wasn't entirely sure anymore) and he got to see her yet again. Of course he saw her in Destiny... but he knew that Destiny was her own Chao; she wasn't Luna, much as he wished she was. He suspected Destiny knew that he legitimately wished she was Luna, but he couldn't help it... Luna was the perfect match for him, and he would never forget her... never able to let her go....

That's the first one I'm gonna try on this site. What do you think? Good? Bad? Meh? Please comment... Thanks.