Chao abuse

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

How was it

Decent
50%
Alright
50%
Bad
No votes
Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 4

KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Chao abuse

Post by KeatonLabs »

This is my first creepypasta so it may be a little bad but hang in there.
Spoiler:
    To those who love the chao from Sonic Adventure 2, please be very careful with how you hack the game. I wasn't and ran into what I believe is a beta glitch I wish I hadn't.

It happened two days ago after getting the last emblem in the chao races on my Sonic Adventure 2 Battle file on my Xbox360. Once I had received the emblem, I turned off the console. The task of getting all the emblems was starting to daunt on me. I had done it before on my gamecube version of it that I owned and I still had the game. So, after searching for game, I found the disk in it's original case in a shelf full of other gamecube games. Next to it was a memory card and an action replay for Gamecube disk. I took the memory card with the game and went into the other room to turn on the Gamecube.

After getting to the level select stage, I saw right away that my memory was right and the hidden level Green Hill was unlocked proving that I did infact have all the emblems. I hovered the cursor over the stage and pressed the A button to go to the stage. It seemed like the stage took longer than normal to load but I didn't really notice it at the time. After playing the stage and getting my rank, I was sent to the chao garden as a result of getting the chao key during the stage. I went into the standard garden to see what my old chao were like and to give them the small animals I had.

Entering the garden sparked yet another memory. When I used to play the game, I often liked to use my Action Replay to get hack chao with stats that were impossible to get.
But something else was off about them that I hadn't noticed yet but we'll get into that later.

I walked through the garden and found one of my old chao, A Neutral Chaos chao with maxed out stats.
I picked up the chao and noticed it started doing the squirming animation chao do when they don't like your character. I didn't mind it at the time and after looking at it's stats put it down and gave it the small animals for the heck of it. I then walked sonic towards one of the palm trees but before I could pick up one of the fruits, I heard a quiet squeal. I looked behind the tree to see a small chao running from Sonic in absolute terror. Clearly I had abused these chao last time I played. Then things started to go wrong.

I walked towards the chao and tried to pick it up but before I could, the chao stopped, turned around, and ran towards sonic. Once it got close to sonic's feet, it started to pound on his shoes with an angry look on it's face. Pretty soon, all the chao in the garden soon did the same and sonic was surrounded by all eight. I was curious and never remembered the chao ever behaving like this.

After a good minute of the chao doing this, the chao stopped and started to walk towards the lake. One of the chao who hadn't been hacked in and had no stats steeped up to the lake before jumping in. I move the analog stick to move sonic into the lake an get the chao out since it couldn't swim. But when I did, sonic didn't move. Instead he only stood there watching. The chao was flailing since it couldn't swim and instead of it doing it's swimming animation I remembered, it was flailing under the water. After about a minute, the chao stopped moving entirely and it's body floated up to the surface. The chao had Drowned itself.

I nearly gagged when I realized this. Something was off but this seemed like it was properly coded. Why would such a dark thing be in such a sweet part of the game?

I, however, continued to play and the rest of the chao stared at sonic. Then, One more walked out of the group and climbed the mountains in the back of the garden. After reaching the top the chao crouched and jumped far out from the cliffside and fell down face first into ground with a loud crack. Blood slowly poured from it's mangled face which was odd since SA2 had no blood animations. My finger hovered over the power button now as the rest of the chao began to do the same. However, I didn't turn it off and watched all the chao commit suicide. After the last one had fallen, the screen faded to black and white text appeared. The text read,"Would you like to try raising your chao better now?"I knew for a fact this wasn't in the original game. I quickly turned off the console and took a deep breath. I was pretty creeped out at this point. Why would such a sick and twisted element exist in the game? 

I haven't touched the copy of the game since the incident. Earlier today I transferred Sonic Adventure 2's files to my laptop and after some searching, I found a large amount of unused data in the chao files. I can only assume at this point that my hacking of the game enabled that bit of code that I can only assume was a beta script for what would happen if you abuse your chao.

So just to warn those of you who like to hack, before you go off abusing your little bits of code, remember that they are beings too.
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Chao abuse

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Holy cow...I'm going to have nightmares about chao now.

Way to go Keaton ~.~
peace out ci
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

...Really?
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Yep. Had one just last night.
No joke.
So, you did a good job. May be just be me and my sensitivity, but...
peace out ci
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

I kinda think it may just be you but then again, I've read many good creepypasta's so the stuff doesn't bug me anymore.