Pokemon! Book 1: Kanto Dreams (Chapter 8: it's back!)

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Do you listen to the music that I put up?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Pokemon! Book 1: Kanto Dreams (Chapter 8: it's back!)

Post by mintdrop »

Hello there guys! ^^ It's been a while since I've been writing and publishing my works on this website. This story is kind of a mix of canon and self insert into the Pokemon world! Some main characters you may notice are loosely based off of users on this very site! I hope this story will entertain you and I'll try and update it regularly.

Without any more ado, let's begin!

Hmm...

I'm still sleeping, aren't I?

Wait wouldn't I wake up if I knew I was dreami-

"HELLO THERE!" I heard an enthusiastic voice bellow. Rubbing my eyes I could see a faint silhouette in the distance; a figure of an old man... was that Professor Oak?! "Welcome, to the world of Pokemon!" I zoned out again, leaving behind my state of lucidity and started to drift off as the professor rambled on about what Pokemon were and why they're important, it's not like I live in a world without Pokemon anyway... Why am I having this dream?
"SO!" He brought me back to my senses with his loud excited voice. "Are you a boy, or are you a girl?" I was taken aback. I know I'm not that much of a guy but surely he could tell?
"I'm a boy..." I feebly replied.
"Now tell me, what is your name?"
"My name?" I temporarily forgot my name. What was it? Ah yes! "Max! My name is Max. But people seem to call me Mint."
"Alright, Mint it is! Well, see you later at the lab! Have fun!" He shouted, fading away. What, the lab, I...

Chapter 1: Choose your journey!

A young boy, by the nickname of Mint, awoke suddenly. He was 12 years old and living in the town of Pallet. He was rather confused by the strange dream he had. Running his hands through his dirty blonde hair he realised what day it was. The date was 12th September, the day he was going to receive his first Pokemon partner and start his journey! Of course! That's what the strange dream must've been about. Glancing at his alarm clock he could see it was 8AM - at least he was in good time. He rubbed his grey-blue eyes and arose out of his bed and lazily walked downstairs.

"Morning, mom!" He said. No reply. He noticed a post-it note on the table. He picked it up and it read:

"Sorry, got a call from work and had to head out early. Your backpack is all ready. Hope you have a great day, call me later. Love, Mom x"

He sighed. He wanted her to see him off on his journey. It's a once in a lifetime thing, y'know? But that wouldn't get him down today. He poured himself some Pokemon brand cereal and quickly gobbled it down, leaving the bowl on the side. He checked the time: 8:15AM. He had 15 minutes to get ready - Oak's opened at 9! He ran upstairs to change out of his pyjamas, ran back downstairs, grabbed his backpack (checking he had everything he needed, of course) before running out the door to Oak's lab.

He emerged from his house wearing a mint coloured t-shirt, a navy sleeveless jacket, a navy hat with cat ears and cat face, bright cerulean sneakers and black chinos. He was totally prepared for the day ahead of him. He quickened his pace as he walked to Oak's lab, hardly containing his excitement. he had it all planned out - he would get there first and pick Squirtle for his choice before starting his journey on the road to Viridian City (Route 1). He arrived at his destination, Oak's Laboratory a little bit early and waited patiently for it to open. Soon enough, Oak opened the doors and he was welcomed inside.

"Good morning, young man!" Oak said, beaming. "Looks like you're the first person! Come on in! Your name is Mint, right?"
"Yep!" Mint replied, running into the laboratory, amazed by what he saw around him, taking in the sights. Weird machines were buzzing and whirring, posters of annotated Pokemon on the walls. The place smelled slightly of coffee too; you could tell there had been many sleepless nights here.
"Right this way, youngster!" Oak said, leading Mint towards a table. "Now there's three Pokemon here; the grass type Bulbasaur, the fire type Charmander, and the water type Squirtle. And these are the only one of each kind that I've got, so no swapping the Pokemon out for another one!" He explained, with a chuckle. Mint gazed at the Pokeballs. they were there, right in front of him... and one of them was soon about to be his.
"C-can I see them in person?" He asked, not taking his eyes off of the Pokeballs.
"Why of course!" He said, releasing the Pokemon from the balls. First Bulbasaur came out, rather small and looking quite petrified, backing away into the wall. Second, Charmander, looking rather overconfident. He promptly showed off his ember attack, almost burning Mint's trousers. Finally, Squirtle was released, lookign rather cute and humble. The tiny turtle Pokemon raised its hand almost as to say "hello". Mint bent down to greet his new partner.
"Wow, you're really great, Squirtle!" He muttered. The other two looked rather put out - although you couldn't tell the difference with Bulbasaur. "Professor, I think I'll choose this Pok-"

"HEYYYYYYYY!" A girl erupted into the labratory. She was Mint's age, rather small, wearing a light blue hoodie (with a pokeball on the front), a pink miniskirt and pink converse, with dazzling green eyes and long brown hair reaching her lower back, with a heart hairclip at the front. "I'm late, oh no!" She started to panic as she checked her phone, bouncing on her feet. Mint and Oak looked amazed and rather dazzled. "Professor, professor! Is Squirtle still here?" She ran over to check. After seeing, that yes, Squirtle was unclaimed she picked him up and hugged him tight. "Aah, Squirtle, Squirtle, Squirtle! I choose you!" She exclaimed, rubbing her face against its hard flat turtle nose. Squirtle was rather pleased with all the attention he was getting - Bulbasaur sank father back into the corner.
"Well... actually... young lady, I'm afraid this boy right here was about to choose him." Oak started again. The girl looked rather depressed as she put the tiny turtle back down where Mint was. Mint was rather upset - he loved Squirtle, but this girl clearly had her heart set on him more than he did.
"Oh... I'm really sorry. Here, you can have him. I shouldn't have been so selfish..." She said before sighing.
"No, that wasn't selfish..." Mint replied, sadly. "I think I'd feel guilty taking him knowing how much you like him." He bent down and retrieved Squirtle Pokeball, giving it to the girl. "You should take him!" Squirtle looked torn between the two trainers, but walked towards the girl.
"A-are you sure?"
"Of course!"
"Yay, thank you!" She picked up the Squirtle again and carried it in her arms. The professor handed her 5 Pokeballs and a Pokedex, and briefly explained what they were and how to use them - Mint wasn't listening, he was too upset. The girl exited the lab while Mint sat down with Bulbasaur and Charmander. He started at both of them, rather crestfallen. But Bulbasaur caught his eye. Bulbasaur was small and looked incredibly afraid. Maybe she was afraid of what trainer would pick her? She needed someone to care for her, and who wasn't all about battling.
"Hey, professor?" Mint said. Both Pokemon perked up their ears. "I think I'm going to go with Bulbasaur." Bulbasaur looked at Mint with shock, as if to say What, me?!.
"Good! Bulbasaur needs a trainer with love and care, you know. She's rather timid." Oak handed Mint Bulbasaur's Pokeball, along with 5 other empty ones and a Pokedex. Mint took the Bulbasaur in his arms and held her close - she was rather light, but that didn't matter. "Now, I want you to collect data from all Pokemon in the Kanto region using this device. Seeing Pokemon alone isn't enough, so you must catch them all to fill it up. Do you accept?"
"Yes professor!"
"Now, go!" He said, waving Mint goodbye. "Have fun on your journey! Use the Pokemon Center to contact me if you need me for anything, okay?"

Mint walked out the doors to find the girl waiting outside.
"Hey, you!" She said, smiling. "Your name's Mint, right? I'm Annie. I'm really sorry for my behaviour earlier."
"It's no problem, Annie!" Mint exclaimed, his good mood returning. "I got a perfectly good Pokemon anyway. Meet Bulbasaur! I haven't named her yet."
"Ooh, I haven't named Squirtle yet either." She replied, pushing the bangs out of her eyes. "Hey since the first gym is in Viridian City, do you wanna travel there together? That's where my house is..."
"Sure!" Mint replied enthusiastically.
"Awesome!" Annie punched the air, and Squirtle used it bubble attack to celebrate. They made their way to the top of Pallet town, ready to face Route 1.

that's it for chapter 1 guys! let me know what you think. :£
Last edited by mintdrop on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Re: Pokemon! Book 1: Kanto Dreams (Chapter 1 is up!)

Post by KeatonLabs »

I like it a lot Minty! It's nice that you've made another story! Your are always the best in my opinion.
Wacky the Taccoon
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Wacky the Taccoon »

This turned out really well, Mints! Honestly, I'm always a bit skeptical about pokemon related stories, but you really inserted a lot of character and personality into your characters already. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter. c:
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Thanks, guys! ^^

Mint and his newfound friend Annie, along with Squirtle and Bulbasaur, were making their way to Viridian City, where they would train and attempt to challenge the first gym. They were just about to go, but Annie needed to tie her laces so they were still stuck in the pleasant Pallet Town. Mint didn't mind though - after all, who would want to rush a perfect day?

"All right! I'm all set!" Annie said as she rose from tying her laces. Squirtle climbed on her back. "Ready to go, Mint?"

"Yep!" Mint replied, and he took his first step into the tall grass. He'd never ever been allowed to go in it before, in fear of wild Pidgey and Rattata attacking him. But they didn't seem too daunting or scary - not like a Charizard. He waded his way through the grass, Annie following straight behind him until he found the sign that read Route 1. Truly the start of something great! He breathed in the fresh air and looked at the large Viridian City ahead of him. There were a lot of ledges but also ways up. If they were careful about it, assuming that no wild Pokemon attack them they could make it to the city at approximately-

"AACHOO!" Annie sneezed, interrupting Mint's train of thought. "Sorry, Mints. Let's hurry to my house! My family are waiting for me to show them my new Pokemon!" She grabbed his arm and dragged him up a flight of wooden creaky stairs which allowed them to get above a ledge. Bulbasaur was clinging onto Mint's jacket which reminded him of something.

"Oh yeah!" Mint exclaimed. "I forgot to give you a name Bulbasaur!" He picked her up from his back and held her in front of him. "Hmm... how about... Jade?" She shook her head in dissaproval. "Oh, sorry, I'll try and think of a better one. How about... Momo?" She nodded and nuzzled Mint in approval. "Alright! From now on you'll be called Momo. You got a name for Squirtle yet, Annie?"

"Hmm... Swishy?" She said, facing her Pokemon. He wagged his tail and jumped up and down. "Yay, okay!" They both laughed with their newly named Pokemon and started to run through the tall grass again. In a few minutes they were halfway to Viridian City. They decided to let their Pokemon down on the ground and run alongside them in case of wild Pokemon attack. Several Pidgey soared above them, carrying food to baby Pidgey in their nests while Rattata on the ground searched for berries. They saw the gate to Viridian city and were about to enter it, when...

Code: Select all

Wild Rattata Appeared!
Battle!

"Aah! There's two of them!" Mint cried. "Go, Momo!" Momo carefully crawled in front of Mint, staring at the Rattata that she was about to fight. "Annie, send Swishy in too!"

"Goooooo, Swishy!" She exclaimed, and he hopped in front of her and stared at the two Rattata with determination. "Bubble attack, go!" Swishy obeyed, sending out a large amount of Bubbles from his mouth which hit the Rattata directly. They both took damage and became enraged, sending tackle attacks towards Swishy. Momo surveyed the battle, petrified. She watched as the brave Swishy took damage and fought back with many bubble attacks, but couldn't do it on his own. She took a deep breath and awaited Mint's command.

"Alright, Momo, I want you to use Leech Seed!" He shouted. She nodded and focused on the Rattata, and fired seeds from her bulb to attack. Swishy stood back as the seeds fell onto their opponents, slowly sapping their health and making them weaker. Momo struck again on her own accord, this time using tackle. Swishy paired up with her, and within a few seconds they managed to finished off the pair of Rattata.

Victory!

"You did it, guys!" Annie exclaimed joyfully. The two Pokemon were rather exhausted and proud, Swishy rubbing his cheek and Momo blushing slightly. The two were recalled to their Pokeballs, while Mint and Annie stepped into the gate which lead to Viridian City. Time to meet Annie's family!

Mint's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Momo (Bulbasaur)

Annie's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Swishy (Squirtle)

A new feature to keep people up to date.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Pokemon! Book 1: Kanto Dreams (Chapter 2 is up!)

Post by KeatonLabs »

This is really good! It's funny at the same time not overdoing it. Plus, its kinda giving me a different view of the Kantu Kanto region!:3
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Pokemon! Book 1: Kanto Dreams (Chapter 2 is up!)

Post by mintdrop »

I'm super glad to hear that! I always like to challenge people's views on Pokemon. I like to insert my own little headcanons too ^^

Chapter 3: The city of evergreen

Ah, Viridian City. It was large, no doubt, but didn't have the same busy feel as the large metropolis of Saffron, or the lively water city of Cerulean. It was rather like a huge garden - the city took much pride in its abundance of well tended bushes, flower beds and large formidable trees where bird Pokemon kept their nests. The paths were stone and often mossy and the building had an earthy colour scheme of greens and reddish browns, with pointed oriental roofs that reflected the noon sun. It was as if the earthy aspects ruled the town and the Ground Type Gym reflected this. People living here were described as "friendly and down to earth". Mint wasn't sure about the "down to earth" part after making friends with the excitable spontaneous Annie. The two young adventurers had just passed the gate from Route 1 and were slowly making their way to Annie's house.

"Momo looks pretty tired, Mints," Annie said, continuing the conversation from before. Mint looked at Momo's Pokeball.. "I think we should stop off at the Pokemon Center before we go to my house. Swishy is pretty beat, too!" Annie held his Pokeball in the air.

"Sounds like a good idea..." Mint replied, putting Momo's Pokeball back in his pocket. Annie lead the way to the Pokemon Center (which wasn't too far) and they were there in no time. They stepped inside and looked at the peachy-red tiles and saw a counter with a bright nurse with pink hair beaming at them. On her side was a large pink Pokemon holding a tray and wearing a nurse's hat and apron.

"Welcome to the Pokemon Center, where we can heal your Pokemon back to perfect health in no time at all." The nurse said joyfully, still retaining her large honest smile. "Is this your first time here?"

"Yep!" Said Annie, excitedly. "We got our Pokemon from Professor Oak a few hours ago!"

"Wonderful! I'm Nurse Joy," She replied "and this is my assistant, Chansey." She signalled towards the large pink Pokemon, who smiled and waved. "Would you like me to heal your Pokemon? What are your names, so I can give you both a trainer card?" The two friends gave the nurse their Pokeballs, while Chansey put them in a large machine on a tray. Nurse Joy passed the two trainers their new cards and within a few seconds their Pokemon were given back to them. Annie thanked the nurse and Mint waved as they exited the doors to go back out into the city.

"Mints!" Annie said, nudging his shoulder. "My house is on that hill over there." She pointed to a large hill at the north of the city, where a large house with a blue roof resided. "I'll race you there, okay? 3... 2... 1... GO!" She sprinted off before Mint could reply, leaving him lagging behind. But however just as he was about to race off a hand touched his shoulder. He turned around to face a boy, about 3 years older than him with long dark chocolate hair and dark amber eyes.

"Hey, wait a minute." He spoke with a deep voice that was smooth and gave off an impression of intelligence. "What's the hurry?" The mysterious boy surveyed Mint. "Hm...new clothes... clean shoes... a newbie. You got a Pokemon at Oak's lab, didn't you? Let me see, if you don't mind." The boy continued. Mint was rather taken aback by this mysterious boy approaching him and calling him a newbie. Nonetheless, he released Momo from her Pokeball and she yawned. "Bulbasaur, eh. Not a bad choice. However, I got a Pokemon too. Go, ARIES!" He threw a Pokeball at the ground and a Charmander erupted out.

"Wow... um," Mint started. "Cool Pokemo-"

"We're both trainers, right?"

"Yes..."

"Then let's battle!"

Battle! Vs. Mysterious boy!
Battle!

Mint couldn't refuse a battle like this! He had to fight. The opposing Charmander looked brave while Momo sunk back to Mint's legs in fear. Mint had to nudge her to get her to battle.

"Alright Aries, use your ember attack!" He shouted. The Charmander took notice and opened its mouth wide in order to allow a small amount of flames to emerge. Momo was petrified and couldn't move at all, becoming engulfed by the flames and taking a lot of burn damage.

"It's our turn Momo! Let's use, uh, Leech Seed!" Momo started back at Mint with her large crimson eyes, as if to say What, are you kidding me? My leech seed couldn't take him down.... "Hey, you can do it!" Mint whispered to her. Momo took in a deep breath and fired many seeds from her back, with one landing on the opposing Charmander and surrounding it with large vines, slowly sapping away its health. It was tapped stationary and couldn't move.

"Hm, smart move." The boy replied. "Ember, again!" The lizard opened its mouth again for yet another round of flames. Momo was scared for her life again and didn't dodge, but simply braced herself for her fiery peril. It wasn't likely that she would be able to take another hit. Mint instructed her to tackle. Putting in all her energy, she launched herself forward and knocked the lizard on its back. The lizard scratched on its own accord, depleting Momo's energy even further and further. Eventually, Momo was called back to her Pokeball.

"Enough!" Mint exclaimed, holding the Pokeball close to him. "You win..."

Battle lost...
"Yes..." The mysterious boy whispered to himself, recalling his Charmander to its Pokeball. "Okay, that was a little unfair of me. I wont make you pay prize money. But next time we meet, and I have a feeling we will, it'll be serious." He said, skating away on his roller skates. "'Till then! Seeya." Mint was rather put out. Momo must be so disappointed. He healed her up again in the Pokemon Center and started to run towards the huge hill where Annie's house was - she would be wondering where he is!

Mint's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Momo (Bulbasaur)

Annie's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Swishy (Squirtle)

???'s Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Aries (Charmander)

sorry the chapters are so short, guys. i'll try and do another one today.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Pokemon! Book 1: Kanto Dreams (Chapter 3 is up!)

Post by mintdrop »

let's go again~

Chapter 4: Annie and Aaron

Mint finally made it to Annie's house. She had been waiting for a while, but he explained the situation to her and she was fine with it. They made their way inside. Annie's mother greeted her daughter and Mint. Cookies on a plate were brought out to the table and Swishy and Momo were released from their Pokeballs and began to inspect the house. It was a clean house, with a fireplace, plenty of couches and a nice wooden flooring with dark blue rugs. Several potted plants were to be seen around the house too, and a lazy Meowth (named Yoyo) was resting on one of the couches. They all sat down in front of the fireplace and turned the TV on.

"What cute Pokemon!" Annie's mother said. She was a lot like her daughter - long brown hair and green eyes - except taller and older. "I like the names you've given them too."

"Thanks, Mom!" Annie replied. Mint smiled. They heard footsteps coming from another room.

"Looks like your brother's here too," Annie's mother said "Come on out, Aaron, say hello." A younger boy, about 8 years old emerged from the hallway. He had short brown hair, glasses and grey-green eyes, and was wearing a white t-shirt and blue shorts and trainers. "See your sister's new Pokemon! And her friend, Max, too!"

"Oh! You can call me Mint." Mint replied. "Hi there."

"What, you chose Squirtle? And you chose Bulbasaur? No Charmander? I'm disappointed." The young boy groaned. "Also, hi."

"Now, Annie," Her mother started. "I think it would be a good idea to take Aaron along with you."

"Whaaat?" Annie complained. Aaron snickered. "But mom, he doesn't even have a Pokemon on him! You didn't make me go with Adam when he left for his Pokemon journey..."

"I still think it would be a good idea. What about you Aaron?" Her mother asked.

"Sure. I don't wanna take Yoyo with me, though." He replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"Can we stay here for the night, Mom?" Annie asked. Her mother nodded. "Okay then. Me and Mint are gonna go back outside now, we should really train our Pokemon a little bit more before heading into Viridian Forest."

The two of them exited out back into the main city. They agreed that they would go to Route 22 to train up their Pokemon - Route 1 only had Rattata and Pidgey to fight, and they didn't have enough Antidotes to face possible bug type Pokemon on Route 2. They slowly made their way to Route 22, Annie complaining about how annoying her brother can be and how annoyed she was that he had to tag along with them. It was early afternoon by time they reached the sign saying "Route 22", and they were going their separate ways, training their Pokemon separately. Route 22 wasn't very long and it lead to the Badge Check Gate, and was also the Gateway to the Johto region. It was quite mountainous on both sides, with a small pond and plenty of tall grass to look for Pokemon in. Mint rushed straight to the gate - he hadn't seen the Johto region before and was fairly excited to just get a glimpse of it. But his excitement was cut short when the building was "closed for maintenance". So, he decided to just search in the tall grass.

Annie and Swishy trained away steadily - in a few hours he had learned moves such as withdraw and water gun. But Mint was having trouble finding as many Pokemon; for some reason, many of the ones he found has been asleep or already fainted. Momo had only managed to learn one move - vine whip - giving her a little boost in confidence as she was able to take down foes more steadily, but wasn't as advanced as Swishy. After a while, however, Mint found the cause of all the sleeping Pokemon - a Jigglypuff! He whipped out his Pokedex to see what it had to say.

Kanto #39 - Jigglypuff
When its huge eyes light up, it sings a mysteriously soothing melody that lulls its enemies to sleep.

This Jigglypuff is male and knows the following moves:
Sing, Pound, Defense Curl
So that's what has been going on! A troublesome Jigglypuff had been causing all of the Pokemon in the area to fall asleep. It sure was cute... maybe he could just... catch it... Mint carefully retrieved a Pokeball from his bag, he pushed the button to make it expand and threw the ball at the pink balloon Pokemon. A direct hit! It wavered and wobbled, about to become his when suddenly...! BAM! The Jigglypuff fought free from the Pokeball!

Wild Jigglypuff appeared!
Battle!

The Jigglypuff was shocked at Mint's attempt to catch it. Instinctively, it started to sing and try and lull Mint to sleep, but Mint was prepared and covered his ears. Momo used the vines from her bulb to cover her ears while Jigglypuff was singing. As soon as it had finished its sleepy solo, Momo lashed out using a powerful vine whip attack. Jigglypuff tried to dodge but was not very fast and got hit. Becoming angrier, it swelled up like a balloon.

"Wh-what move is t-that?!" Mint exclaimed, Momo's fear of battling returning. Within a few seconds, Jigglypuff released all of its stored air and blew Mint and Bulbasaur back a few feet. But Mint wasn't done yet! "Use leech seed, Momo!" Momo nodded and flung seeds onto the Jigglypuff's head. He pranced around in doubt that one simple seed would do anything, but started to panic when the vined started to grow all over its body and start to sap at its health. "One more time..." Mint retrieved another Pokeball and threw it at the Jigglypuff. This time he found it hard to struggle... it wobbled and wavered again, just like before... click!

Success! Jigglypuff was caught!

Mint danced around a little bit, embracing Momo and shouting "we did it!" He picked up the Pokeball and pumped his fist in the air. Once he was done celebrating, he allowed the Jigglypuff to come out and sit in his arms.

"You okay there?" Mint said, apologetically. "I shouldn't have been so ruthless with you... you probably just wanted to sing, right?" The Jigglypuff sighed and looked away. Mint was displeased that his actions made the Jigglypuff sad. He put the Jigglypuff on the floor and reached into his bag to find his packed lunch, and placed it in front of his two Pokemon. "Perhaps this will make you feel a little bit better?" He said, trying to reason with the Jigglypuff. Its mood instantly perked up as it took a bite out of the cheese sandwich. Mint invited Momo to eat too. After they finished eating lunch, Mint decided that his new team member needed a name. "How about... Cereal?" He shook his head is disapproval.

"Puff!" He pouted.

"Alright, then... hm..." Mint said, thinking aloud. "Frosty? Jigglypuff evolve with a Moon Stone, right? And the moon... is...cold?"

"Puff!" The newly named Jigglypuff nodded in approval. "Jiggly jiggly!"

"Yes, okay!" Mint said, collected the empty lunchbox and putting it back in his bag. He put Frosty on his head and held Momo in his arms and ran back to try and find Annie. She was sitting down with Swishy, who was seeing how many bubbles he could blow with just one attack. "Annie, look! Meet Frosty the Jigglypuff!"

"Awesome, Mints!" She replied. "I didn't know you could find Jigglypuff near Viridian City." Mint smiled, and Frosty made more Jigglypuff noises. "Hey, know what? We haven't actually battled yet, have we?"

"Well, no, I guess no-"

"It's what trainers do, right? What do you say? Swishy vs. Momo and Frosty? Huh?"

"Sure! Let's go!"

Battle! Vs. Annie!
Battle!

The two trainers were friends, but Pokemon battling was serious. Annie send out Swishy, who was confident and ready to go. Mint was about to send out Momo but Frosty leaped from his head and stood directly across from Swishy. Mint shrugged, and the battle was on.

"Okay, Swishy! Uuuuuse water gun!" Swishy opened its mouth and a large torrent of water came erupting from it. Frosty struggled to move out of the way and was hit by the large torrent of water. But its spirit wouldn't die down!

"Frosty, I want you to use pound!" Mint exclaimed. Frosty nodded and headed straight for Swishy's face with its tiny pink Jigglypuff hand, and didn't manage to do much damage. "Ehe... that's enough Frosty... return!" Frosty pouted as he was recalled to its Pokeball. Mint sent out Momo, who was much more eager than its previous battles. "You can do it! Go, with leech seed!"

"Counter it with water gun!" Annie exclaimed. Momo erupted seeds out of her bulb and faced a large torrent of water to her face. A seed landed on Swishy's back and he was engulfed by vines, unable to move. Momo regained her health and hit wrapped vines around Swishy, lifting him up and throwing him 3 meters away. "Good move, wow!" Annie cried. "All right, one last time! Water gun!" Swishy collected itself again and blasted another torrent from its mouth. Its attacks were stronger but Momo had an advantage - type matchup. Momo took the torrent again and launched another vine whip on Mint's command. Swishy was just about to faint when annie ended the match. They won!

Victory!

"Wow, Mint, you two are really good!" Annie exclaimed, hugging Mint. He thanked her. "Let's go back to the Pokemon Center, then we'll stop at my house for dinner. We can stay there overnight!"

Mint was in the spare room at Annie's house, late at night. He was just about to go to bed when he realised that he hadn't called his mother yet.

RINGING... RINGING...

Mint's Mom: Hello?
Mint: Hi Mom! I'm in Viridian City at my new friend Annie's house. I'm going to stay the night there if that's okay?
Mint's Mom: Of course that's fine! How was your day? Which Pokemon did you pick?
Mint: I was going to pick Squirtle, like I told you before, but Annie got there before me and I got Bulbasaur instead. It's a girl! She's quite shy - I named her Momo. I also caught a Jigglypuff on Route 22. He's called Frosty.
Mint's Mom: Wonderful! Are you okay? What are you doing tomorrow?
Mint: I think we might try and challenge the gym at Viridian City, then head out to Viridian Forest.
Mint's Mom: All righty. Be careful, take lots of antidotes and potions with you! 
Mint: I will. I'll call you tomorrow, okay? 
Mint's Mom: Of course. Goodnight.
Mint: Night! 
Mint liked to talk to his mother, even if he didn't very often. She was always at work so he only got to see her in the evenings. But now he was tired, and pulled the blankets over himself and went to sleep.

Mint's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Momo (Bulbasaur)
Frosty (Jigglypuff)

Annie's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Swishy (Squirtle)

beep boop.
Last edited by mintdrop on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

OMG I LOVE THIS!

This is definitely your best story so far and i think the best pokemon story in general.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

thank you very much keaton! i'm really glad to hear that ^^ i might do another chapter but later on, i'm pretty tired ;o;
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Pokemon! Book 1: Kanto Dreams (Chapter 4 is up!)

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 5: It's a natural maze

With the sun rising on Kanto, Mint and Annie had had breakfast and prepared themselves for their trek through Viridian Forest (stocking up on antidotes, potions and the like). They were now travelling along the short, bug filled Route 2, with their trusty Pokemon by their side. But something had caught Annie's eye - a Caterpie by the entrance to Viridian Forest. She had sworn to herself that she would have a Butterfree on her Pokemon journey when she was little, and catching that Caterpie would help her achieve that dream!

"Betcha you can't catch that Caterpie with just one Pokeball." Mint teased, nudging Annie.

"Oh yeah?" Annie retorted. "Watch this..." She retrieved a Pokeball from her backpack. She steadied her hand, getting the perfect aim, and was just about to throw it, when

"BOO!" Mint shouted, making Annie lose her aim and scaring Caterpie into running away. Annie wouldn't let that get her down and threw a Pokeball at the bug just before it could escape into the bushes. It didn't put up much of a fight and Annie caught it in one go.

"Aha! Gotcha!" She cried, picking up the Pokeball and bringing out the Caterpie. "See Mints?" Her friend blew raspberries at her while she checked the Pokedex to see what it had to say.

Kanto #10 - Caterpie
It is covered with a green skin. When it grows, it sheds the skin, covers itself with silk, and becomes a cocoon. 

This Caterpie is female, and knows the following moves:
Tackle, String shot
"Oh, cute! I think I'll name you Lily, if you're a girl Caterpie." Annie smiled and looked at her new Pokemon directly in the face.
"Now, Master Mints, if you are done blowing raspberries at me I think it's about time we entered the forest." She said mockingly. Mint rolled his eyes and the two of them walked into Viridian Forest, or as it was called "The natural maze".

The forest had a thick canopy that was present all year round, making the ground and atmosphere generally quite dark and murky. The dark viridian leaves gave the whole forest a rather dull green hue, with the occasionally stream of sunlight poking through the leaves - perfect for earthy coloured Pokemon to blend in, such as Caterpie and Kakuna. The forest was large and was the only route from Viridian to Pewter so they had little to no choice. But every cloud has its silver lining, as this dark scary forest was home to some rarer Pokemon such as Pidgeotto and the elusive yet popular Pikachu.

The courageous Annie walked through the forest with little to no fear at all, while Mint was feeling "slightly" more scared than his friend was a clung onto her sleeve - all the time walking behind and weary of large bug Pokemon jumping out at him. Due to his fear to called Frosty out of his Pokeball and threatened to use his singing attack in case of any strange bug Pokemon. Annie giggled at Mint's unusual behaviour and walked along perfectly fine, only keeping an eye out for a Pikachu.

"Hey, you! You're a trainer!" A boy with a bug catching net glared at Annie, Mint jumped and hid behind her. "I, am also a trainer - of BUG TYPES! LET'S BATTLE!" Mint winced as Annie happily agreed to face this bug maniac.

Battle! Vs. Bug catcher!
Battle!

To Mint's relief, the Bug Catcher only send out a measly Caterpie (with a lot of unnecessary pride, however). Annie saw this as a perfect opportunity to use Lily and threw out her Pokeball.

"Go, Lily, use TACKLE!" The bug Pokemon got up on its tiny hind legs and jumped, before ramming itself into the opposing Caterpie and causing huge damage.

"Eh? That's a powerful tackle... but I can COUNTER IT! CATERPIE, TACKLE!" The opposing Caterpie did a similar thing to LOily and tackled her full on, causing a good amount of damage. Mint regained his confidence, and with frosty perched upon his head he watched the fight from Annie's perspective.

"Right, Lily, use your tackle again!" Lily rammed herself into her opponent even harder than before. To hers and her trainer's surprise, the opposing Caterpie fainted and her and Annie were declared winners.

Victory!

"W-what? How can this be?" The bug catcher cried at his Pokemon fainting, as if his loyal bug Pokemon had died. "Wait, is your Caterpie glowing?"

"Huh?" Annie said before gasping. Lily was, in fact, glowing. "Are you evolving, Lily?" The bug was changing form and becoming a lot bigger. She spat out a lot of string from her mouth which enveloped her and gave her a coccoon like shape. She was now a Metapod! Annie checked her Pokedex.

Kanto #11 - Metapod
Even though it is encased in a sturdy shell, the body inside is tender. It can't withstand a harsh attack. 

This Metapod is female, and knows the following attacks:
Harden
"Aw, what, you can't attack anymore?" Annie complained, picking up her newly evolved bug Pokemon. "And you're a lot heavier too..." The cocoon Pokemon looked at her with her unemotional beady eyes as her trainer carried her along the forest. Mint stuck closer behind again, his fears returning. Frosty fell asleep on top of his head, eliminating his chance of escape if he were to be attacked. But something out of the corner of his eye distracted him, something small, cute and yellow... a Pikachu? He ran away from Annie to investigate from behind a tree and called her over.

"Psst... look over there." Mint whispered to Annie.

"Where?" Annie looked, Mint pointed in the direction of the electric mouse. "Oh! There, I can see!" And readied a pokeball. "Hey, you, Pikachu! I'm gonna catch you!" She shouted, running after the electric mouse. Mint held his collar tight and winced as he watched his friend run after the mouse, get an electric shock and have the Pikachu run away from her. He was filled with worry as he ran over to her to help.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm... dying... send...hel- BLEH!" Annie joked. "Of course I'm fine. It was just a little shock. Let's keep going!" Annie lead the way through the forest, battling trainers as she went with Mint battling wild bug pokemon and Pidgey to train up his team as he didn't really want to battle bug maniacs. They were almost at the end of their journey through the dark, murky forest when they heard a buzzing behind them. They instinctively walked faster than before as the buzzing got louder and louder. Finally, when Mint had had enough of holding in his curiosity he turned around to find a horde of angry Beedrill several feet away from them.

"Go, go, GO!" Mint cried as he sprinted and dragged Annie along with him. "BEEDRILL, BEEDRIIIIAAAAHHH!" He ran ahead, his fear of large bugs overcoming him. Annie, still holding Lily, kept running as fast as she could. The gate was a few more feet away from them! But suddenly,

"Oops, no!" Annie tripped, sending Lily flying into the air. She cradled herself on the forest floor as Mint turned around in horror as his best friend was about to get attacked by a swarm of angry Beedrill and a Metapod rocketing towards him from the air. He caught Lily and the force made him fall on the floor. But suddenly, she started to glow again... large butterfly wings and antennae emerged from the cocoon - she evolved into a Butterfree!

"Freeeeeeeeeh!" She cried, sending pulses of psychic energy towards the Beedrill - her confusion attack! "Freeh, freeh!" She signalled to Annie to get up, who was relieved to find her beloved Metapod had so quickly evolved into a beautiful butterfly. She ran ahead, leading the confused Beedrill behind. Her, Mint, and Lily had escaped from the forest back into the other side of Route 2!

The two of them were left out of breath as they sat on a cliff that overlooked the nearby city of Pewter.

"Thank you so much, Lily!" She said to her Pokemon, who replied with a loud "Freeeh!".

"Listen, Annie, I'm really sorry that-" Mint satrted but was interrupted by Annie holding a finger to his mouth.

"It's all right, Mints. Now we're even, okay?" She replied, laughing. Mint laughed too. It was now late afternoon - they had spent all day in the forest and were ready to head into the city and get some rest.

Mint's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Momo (Bulbasaur)
Frosty (Jigglypuff)

Annie's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Swishy (Squirtle)
Lily (Butterfree)

that's all for today, folks @_@
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Pokemon! Book 1: Kanto Dreams (Chapter 5 is up!)

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 6: Between Rugged Mountains

A regular town to anyone who wasn't interested in rock type Pokemon or fossils, Pewter City was comfortably nestled between the Tohjo Mountains and the rugged Route 3 and Mt. Moon. This significantly decreased the amount of wind and weather possibilities, making the city fairly quiet or as some people would describe it, rather dull. The citizens of this town were hard working and got on with what they needed to do, no fuss and all fact. However, the city wasn't industrial but rather one of leisure, but leisure which included libraries and the ever popular museum. Little happened in this city, and that suited everyone there just fine. However, as soon as Mint and Annie arrived, they realised that they had forgotten something vital and had to make a rather urgent call to Annie's mother.

RINGING... RINGING...
Annie's mom: Hello? Honey, did you beat the gym? I went down there to check and...
Annie: NO! We totally forgot and I'm really frustrated. I don't really feel like trekking all the way through Viridian Forest again, besides we just escaped a horde of angry Beedrill and I don't think they'd be happy if-
Annie's mom: Oh dear, are you okay? Did you get hurt?
Annie: Nope, I'm fine, mom. My Metapod, Lily, evolved just in time and scared them off! Isn't that cool?!
Annie's mom: Yes, that's great, I'm glad to hear. But anyway, about the gym...
Annie: Yes...
Annie's mom: I went to check on it, and it was locked! So you're in the clear.
Annie: Phew! Okay. We're in Pewter City now. I'll talk to you later! Bye! Love you!
Annie's mom: Bye Annie. Love you. 
"It's okay, Mints, the gym was closed anyway." Annie said, relieved. The thought of facing the Beedrill again made her full of worry. "But hey, isn't there a gym leader in this town? Brock?"

"Yeah, the rock guy." Mint replied. "Before we check it out, can we go to the Pokemon Center? I'm tired." She agreed and the two of them walked to the Pokemon Center to be confronted by yet another Nurse Joy. After she had explained that there were Nurse Joys working in every single Pokemon Center everywhere, they had their Pokemon healed and rested for a while. They then exited out back into the main city and started to walking to the gym. Pewter was certainly less vibrant than Viridian, only a few trees and bushes present with the most of the town comprised of grey stones. The two trainers let Swishy and Momo out of their Pokeballs to be carried along as they walked to the gym in order to promote some excitement in this monotone town and eventually they reached the gym.

"Hey, you!" Said a familiar voice to Mint. The gym doors flung open, showing the face of the mysterious boy from Viridian City. This boy again? Had he been following them here?

"Who're you?" Annie questioned him.

"He's that guy who battled me before. Y'know, why I was late?" Mint explained. Annie nodded in understanding. "What's your name, anyway?"

"That, my friend, is of no relevance to you." He replied with a smug look on his mature face. "Anyway, I justbeat the gym leader. Piece of cake for me and my several Pokemon." He released his Pokemon from their Pokeballs, revealing a rather confident Charmeleon, a Pidgeotto and an Ekans. "I see you still have a Bulbasaur. Good luck, kid. You too, lady. Seeya later." The boy took off in his roller skates again, leaving Mint and Annie rather bewildered.

"Wow... what a weirdo." Mint said.

"Did he imply that we couldn't beat Brock, Mints?!" Annie said furiously. "I'll show him!" Annie grabbed Mint by the hood and marched straight into the Pokemon gym.

It was dark. The two trainers couldn't see a thing. They could only hear the loud echoes of their footsteps on the stone flooring. Annie called out for a gym leader - and suddenly, 4 bright white lights lit up a grey, craggy hallway which lead to a large stage. Annie unwarily ran straight over to the stadium, dragging Mint along with her and asked to see the gym leader. There he stood before them, with his back turned. His was tall, masculine, and fairly young with tan skin and dark brown hair. Slowly, he turned around to show a stone cold face, free of emotion judging the appearance of the two trainers before him.

"So, you wish to seek a battle?" He said, jumping down from the stage. "As you may or may not know... my name is Brock, trainer of the stone cold Rock Type!" He expressed his passion by punching the air with his clenched fist. "What are your names?" He inquired.

"Annie," said Annie. "And this is my friend Mint, and we're here to challenge you Brock!"

"Actually, I didn't want to challenge him just yet..." whispered Mint in a low voice.

"Then, I, Annie will face you one on one, Brock!" She declared, pointing at the leader before her. Brock smirked.

"So be it. Let's go! 2 on 2!" Brock declared.

Battle! Vs Leader Brock!
Battle!

"I choose you, Geodude!" He boomed, his loud voice echoing throughout the whole gym. He threw a pokeball into the murky darkness and out came a rocky pokemon with long arms - Geodude!

"All right then! Out you come, Lily!" Annie exclaimed, throwing her pokeball too, with Lily emerging out gracefully.

"Rock tomb!"

"Dodge it, Lily, Confusion!" Lily moved swiftly out of the way of the oncoming boulders and used a blast of her weak psychic energy to cause the Geodude to move back and become dizzy with confusion.

"Good move choice... rock tomb again!" Brock shouted. To his bad luck, the boulders fell on top of his own Pokemon's head, causing massive damage. The Geodude was close to fainting. "No! Not this time! Geodude, tackle!" The Geodude snapped out of it, pushing the boulders out of the way with ease and launching himself forward with a tackle. However, he was still weak from all the damage before.

"Confusion, again!" Annie cried. The Butterfree did the same as before, a blast of psychic energy knocking the Geodude back from its move and causing it to faint.

"No way... Geodude, you did well." Brock said sadly as he returned his beloved Pokemon to its Pokeball. "But now... it's serious. Go, ONIX!" An enormous rock snake emerged from the next Pokeball, towering over Lily like a skyscraper. Its mean eyes pierced through Lily's and made her wince with fright.

"Don't give up, use Confusion!" Annie cried. Lily used the same tactic as before, but Onix was rather unphased by the Butterfree's best move, shrugging it off like an itch. "W-what?"

"Hah, you thought a Butterfree could defeat an Onix? Think again!" Brock said, laughing out loud. "Onix, tackle!" The large snake wobbled about on its body slowly before slamming itself to the ground, injuring Lily and making her faint. The poor Butterfree laid on the floor, while Annie looked at what she had let happen.

"Return, Lily... you were amazing." She slowly put the Pokeball back in her pocket and faced Brock angrily. "But, now you've got ME mad! GO, SWISHY! DO YOUR BEST!" The determined young trainer rocketed her Pokeball onto the field, causing the tiny turtle Swishy to emerge. The turtle looked up at the rock snake and didn't lose any faith staring at its big mean eyes. Instead it stared right back in determination, ready to fight for its trainer. "Remember our training! Water pulse, go!"

"W-water moves?!" Brock gasped, as a extremely large amount of water pumped out of the turtle's mouth and hit the rock snake directly in its face, weakening it greatly and causing it to fall to the floor. "Onix, no! Tackle!" The Onix painfully looked up at the turtle and its eyes pierced his own. He tried tackling, but nothing would do. He was defenceless!

"Again, again!" Annie screamed, eager to avenge Lily's fainting. Swishy performed yet another water pulse attack on the Onix causing it to weaken even more.

"Okay, stop! You win." Brock said in resignation. "Good work, Onix..."

"Yaaaaaaay!" Annie cried, and hugged Swishy with joy. "What do I get?"

"I certify this unto you - the official Pokemon League Boulderbadge, proof that you have beat me, Brock!" He exclaimed, passing Annie the badge with pride. It was grey and shaped like a precious gem which reflected the lights in the dark gym. "Gee, I'm not having a great day today. Hey, Mint, if you want to challenge me, could you do it tomorrow? I'm not feeling it today."

"Sure..."

It was late evening when Mint and Annie were having their dinner at a burger place, celebrating Annie's victory against Brock. She wore the badge with pride, albeit on the other side of her hoodie. All that day she had been calling her mom, raving about her excited she was - she even arranged to meet them there at the city. They waited for a while for her mother to show up, and she did. With Aaron too. They had their dinner there and stayed chatting until late in the night, discussing several Pokemon matters and what route they were planning to take around Kanto. But when Annie's mother had to leave, she left Aaron behind with them. She said that it would be a "good way to get closer to him and develop a better bond". Both siblings were rather displeased and bickered as they headed back to the Pokemon Center. It had been a long day for all of them, and they were eager to get some rest.

Mint's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Momo (Bulbasaur)
Frosty (Jigglypuff)

Annie's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Swishy (Squirtle)
Lily (Butterfree)

???'s Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Aries (Charmeleon)
??? (Pidgeotto)
??? (Ekans)

ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

This reminds me alot of pokemon origins,but just SOOOO much better!
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

sorry guys, i have a lot of homework and revision to do (i have mocks next week, rip) so i probably won't be able to write on weekdays for the next couple of weeks ^^;
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

ey this is super cute and u should draw ur charas too ;o
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

thank you! and i'm working on it ;o;

Mint arose in the Pokemon Center in Pewter City, to find Annie staring out of the window into a rather dark day, and Aaron still fast asleep. Confused as to why he had woken up early, he checked his clock. It read 9AM. Annie called him over to the window with her hand, careful not to wake her sleeping brother, while Mint got out of bed and crept over. It was definitely morning all right - Mint doublechecked the clock to make sure he wasn't hallucinating when he read it the first time - but it seemed like the sun hadn't risen at all. Curious enough to investigate, Mint and Annie quickly changed clothes (in separate rooms) and crept outside.

It was cold and eerie in Pewter City. Confused citizens wandered around aimlessly, while some watched as a weird dark cloud emerged from Pewter Museum at the top of the town. Mint became frightened again and kept close to Annie as she slowly walked towards the building.

"Annie?" Mint whispered, as if someone was listening to them. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"We have to investigate, Mints!" Annie whispered back, determined. "We should put a stop to it!" She started walking faster towards the top of the town, with Mint wanting to retaliate and run back inside. However, his loyalty got the best of him and he kept close to her. As they were walking they shivered due to the unnatural winds that passed through the city and heard tiny ghastly whimpers. Annie became more frustrated with the unnaturalness and marched on, Mint getting scared and sticking close still until the reached the top of the town. The museum. Clouds of black smoke poured out of it indefinitely and it was hard to see what was going on inside. Mint looked to the east and Route 4, seeing that the clouds extended over there too, only breaking at Mt. Moon where the clouds became lighter.

"Hey there!" A familiar voice came from behind, making Mint jump. As they turned around, they could see Brock running towards them. "Be careful! I think there might be something sinister going on..."

"W-well, you don't say..." Mint replied, terrified.

"Yeah, we came here to stop it!" Annie exclaimed. Her words were slightly muffled in the surroundings.

"No, I mean..." Brock looked at them sternly, with his head dipped low. "...ghost Pokemon." At the words "ghost" Mint became even more terrified than before and remained glued to the spot, refusing to enter the building. "I should come with you two, to be safe." Annie dragged Mint, who was unable to move, into the museum. Brock followed swiftly behind them and put a hand on each of their shoulders, careful not to lose them in the darkness.

The doors slammed behind them suddenly, and locking could be heard. The museum was flooded with an inky darkness, with the only thing giving off light being the grey moonstones glittering eerily. It was impossible to tell where anything was. The three of them flinched as they heard whimpering coming from deep inside the museum. Annie and Brock ran forward to investigate while Mint remained glued to the spot, not wanting anything to happen to him. He held Momo and Frosty's pokeballs tight as the two were investigating. The whimpering became louder, accompanied by a loud menacing inhuman laugh. Mint couldn't tell from which direction they were coming from.

"AAH, GIVE THEM BACK!" Mint heard Annie scream further back.

"No, not Onix! Geodude, wait!" Mint heard Brock shout, too. Hearing these cries he swallowed hard and took one step forward. Soon however this step was retracted as he heard Annie scream again, and a large purple flame engulfing her in the distance. What was going on?!

As Mint saw his best friend disappearing before his eyes, he dashed forward to try and reach her, outstretching his hand to try and grab her from getting sucked in.

"Mints, help, you have to-" Annie's voice was drowned out as she dissappeared.

"NO!" Mint shouted, frightened, shocked and deeply sad at the same time. More laughing. More cries. More whimpering in the darkness.

"It's no use, we're trapp- aaahh!" Brock cried. Mint turned around to find Brock slowly sinking into the ground. What on earth was going on? How could he stop this?!

Mint jumped as a purple hand with large claws appeared on his shoulder. He quickly dashed out of the way and ran around the darkness of the museum, as far away from where he thought he was as possible. He had to save Annie and Brock - if he could defeat the ghosts, then they must come back - right?! He stopped for a second, giving himself time to breathe and think.

Think, you can do this... where's the source of the ghosts? Where did they all come from? Mint thought, closing his eyes and blocking out the inhuman noises around him. Of course, the clouds! The ghosts weren't here before the clouds appeared! Mint's hopes returned a little bit as he clambered around the museum on all fours, looking for stairs to get to the second floor. It was no use - he needed a light source! What could he use around him that could light up the room? Mint checked to see if the pokeballs were okay and still in his pocket. He reached for one and released the Pokemon inside it - Frosty.

"All right Frosty!" Mint whispered to his Jigglypuff, who was confused about where he was. "Could you do that thing, where you light up your eyes?" The Jigglypuff nodded and his bright blue eyes lit up as if he were about to sing, acting like a torch. He sat on Mint's hood and lit up the floor in front of him. In a few minutes, Mint found the stairs and climed up them, still on all fours, careful not to make any noise. Upstairs he found a group of ghost Pokemon, waiting for him. Instinctively, Frosty jumped in front of Mint reading to fight!

Wild Haunter and Gastly appeared!
Battle!

Frosty's eyes lit up the darkness in front of him and caused the Haunter and 2 Gastly to cover up their eyes and hiss.

"Frosty, wait!" Mint said, finally climbing the last steps. "Okay, use sing!" Frosty wavered his large bright eyes as Mint covered his ears. Frosty sang the same old melody, putting the Gastly to sleep - but not the Haunter. Turned out that haunter had the same plan as Mint! It ferociously lashed out at Frosty, who braced itself. To everyone's surprise, his shadow claw attack phased through Frosty leaving him unharmed. Mint grabbed his Pokedex and asked it to explain.

Ghost type attacks do not affect Normal type Pokemon.
"Hah!" Mint said, his confidence returning. "So we have an advantage!" Frosty looked back at Mint, who nodded. He unleashed his pound attack, which also phased through the Haunter (who now seemed rather unimpressed). "What?!" Mint exclaimed, his anxieties returning. "P-pokedex, explain?"

Normal type attacks do not affect Ghost type Pokemon.

Upon hearing this, Frosty jumped onto Mint's head, reclaiming his previous position. He only had one choice now - he reahced for Momo's pokeball and stared at the Haunter dead in the eyes. The Haunter looked back even more menacingly. "Go, Momo!" Mint exclaimed, throwing her pokeball in front of him. "I know you're scared, but you can pull through this! Even I've got this far!" He said encouragingly. Haunter launched itself towards Momo who panicked and ducked her head, bracing herself for a powerful attack. The claws struck her and left her hurt. "It's okay, you can use leech seed!" Mint instructed, motivating his scared little bulb Pokemon. She fired seeds out of her bulb which landed on Haunter's who was now restricted by vines. Momo took her own initiative now, not needing commands from Mint, and used vine whip to repeatedly slam Haunter into the fast asleep Gastly. For the first time ever she growled at her opponent, showing that she wasn't going to back down easily. Haunter, terrified, took the Gastly in its hands and teleported away.

Victory!

"You did it Momo, you did it!" Mint exclaimed, as light flooded into the room, and the pokeballs that were taken from Annie and Brock fell on the floor. He picked her up and kissed her on the nose while Frosty jumped up and down on his head. "You saved the whole city!" Mint heard steps coming behind him - Annie and Brock.

"W-what happened?" Annie said, rubbing her eyes. "Did you beat the ghosts?"

"Yep, all thanks to Momo!" Mint said proudly, holding Momo up in the air.

"Awesome, you saved us too!" Annie hugged him.

"You know what, Mint?" Brock spoke up. "Thanks to you and Momo, the whole town was saved. I think as a gym leader, I am going to reward you with this, the boulder badge!" He handed Mint the gleaming boulder badge, shining grey like Pewter City. The two trainers reclaimed their Pokeballs, hugging their Pokemon tightly as Mint admired his first ever badge. When they were all ready, they headed back out into the city to see the morning sun rising above them.

Eventually they reached the Pokemon Center again, to find Aaron just waking up and putting on his glasses.

"Hm? What'd I miss?" He inquired through a yawn.

"Well-" Mint started, but was cut off by Annie.

"Nothing." Annie said, winking at Mint.

"Eh, whatever." Aaron said. "Are we leaving soon? I'm bored of this town, you can tell that nothing ever happens here."

Mint's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Momo (Bulbasaur)
Frosty (Jigglypuff)

Annie's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Swishy (Squirtle)
Lily (Butterfree)

Hope you liked it. :v
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Pokemon! Book 1: Kanto Dreams (Chapter 7 is up!)

Post by KeatonLabs »

Oh, spooky.:3

Still really good. But, i need to ask you. Will this be original red and blue pokemon only or will other gens be included.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

red and blue have a really niche nostalgia factor for me so for the time being this will be kanto based! but i will definitely include references to the nearby johto (as before when mint was trying to get to route 26) but they wont be travelling outside of kanto (at least in the first book!)
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
dragonite637
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by dragonite637 »

excellent story so far, would definitely read again. i did happen to notice a few typos, but apart from that, i'm really enjoying it. nice work, minty. i'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter. :)
Tails24777
Egg
Egg
Motto: I reject your reality, and substitute my own

Post by Tails24777 »

This is possibly the best pokemon fan-fic I have ever laid eye's upon
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

thanks for the comments guys! if you could point out any typos or other grammatical errors that would be great ^^;

Chapter 8: The Meteor Mountain

It was rather late afternoon on Monday, when the group of Mint, Annie and Aaron were travelling along Route 3 in order to go through Mt. Moon and get to the rather lively Cerulean City. They battled various trainers along the mountainous route, with Aaron criticising their battling styles (Annie's particularly), pointing out various flaws and how if he were a trainer he would be so much better than them. Mint was tempted to catch a Pidgey, but Aaron discouraged the idea as "the Pidgey evolution line was known for being weak and there are so much better Pokemon out there". By the time they got the the Pokemon Center at the base of the large mountain the trainers and their Pokemon alike were fairly tired and needed to restock on supplies before they entered the cave.

Mint and Aaron made their way inside the building. Annie was about to step into the building when she noticed something flying over the mountain... several things. They were pink specks in the air, floating along the mountainside leisurely without a care. Could it be a type of Pokemon? She certainly didn't recognise them! She fumbled around in her bag for her Pokedex and quickly held it up to the pink creatures in the sky. Zooming in, she could see that they had rather happy faces and large catlike ears, with leaves stemming out of their heads being used as propellers. The Pokedex however, didn't have a clue as the what it might be.

??? #??? - ???
Descripton Unknown. Pokemon unrecognised. Please contact the maker of this Pokedex (Version KANTO 0.15) to address this issue.
Bewildered, Annie rushed into the Pokemon Center to contact Professor Oak about her discovery using the video phone. Mint and Aaron finished buying their supplies quickly and rushed over to Annie to see what she was up to.

RINGING... RINGING...
"Hm, wha...?" A confused Professor Oak said from the receiving end. "Who is this?"

"Hi professor!" Annie replied. "It's Annie! The girl from your lab a few days ago!"

"Oh, hello! How's your journey going? Is Mint there too?"

"It's going good, we both got a gym badge from Brock! And yep, he's here."

"Excellent! I knew that you two were going to be great right from the start."

"Hey Professor! Just now, I think I discovered a new Pokemon. I saw lost of them floating over the mountains from the direction of Pewter City. Even he Pokedex didn't recognise it!" She said that with confidence. Oak looked at her in shock, Mint looked bewildered while Max hid his head with his hand and shook his head in disbelief.

"I... see..." Oak replied. "Were the the only one who saw them?"

"Yeah..."

"I'll look into it Annie, but maybe it was just some Jigglypuff messing around in the mountaintops."

"No, but-"

"I gotta go now, sorry!"

CALL ENDED
"Wow, a new Pokemon, huh." Aaron replied. "Way to make a fool of yourself in front of the Professor." Annie ignored him, still holding onto the fact that yes she did see the Pokemon. Mint didn't quite know where to stand, but he gave Annie the benefit of the doubt and believed her story. Quick to avoid more disputes, Mint insisted that they should go to the mountain before it got dark to avoid disturbances.

Soon enough, the group of trainers (and young boy) were in Mt. Moon. It was dark, with a few torches lighting up a rather narrow tunnel with dark grey-blue rocks. They were a few cracks in the tunnel letting in a tiny amount of sunlight. Crystals grew from the celing and ground alike, in variations of blue and white. The light that was given off was eerie and rather unsettling which made the trio gather close together. In desperation, Annie gripped Mint's hand which made them both flustered and blush vividly. For Aaron this lightened the mood and he laughed a little bit, while the other two awkwardly separated and rubbed their heads.

The trio walked along in silence on the lookout for rare pokemon, but mostly it was just common ones like Geodude acting as faux-rocks or Zubat clinging to the ceiling. Out of the inky darkness, a swarm of shrieking Zubat interrupted the trio on their path, flying into Mint and Annie's faces and swarming them completely.

"Go, Lily, do something, aah!" Annie shouted as she threw Lily's pokeball into the air. The confusion and the mystical darkness made it so that neither Mint nor Aaron could see anything, while Annie saw that Lily's Pokeball was being taken away by the Zubat horde. In desperation she ran after them, while the bat Pokemon made Mint fall backwards into Aaron.

"Annie!" Mint shouted! "Where are you?"

"Come back here!" Aaron shouted too, for his now lost sister. It was no use. Mint started to panic and tried the phone. No use; there was no reception in the mountain.

"What are we gonna do?! She could be lost forever!" Mint thought out loud, panicking.

"Calm down," Aaron said, patting Mint's back. "It'll be fine, trust me. Annie is a lucky girl. Let's keep moving and looking for her."

"Mint?" Annie shouted, somewhere else in the cave, tears forming in her eyes. "Aaron?!" Things just weren't going her way. Lily was kidnapped by that Zubat horde and she was separated from her friends. She took a deep breath and released Swishy from his Pokeball, immediately holding him close in her arms. He responded by blowing a few bubbles on her face to wash away the tears. "Oh, Swishy... if only I could be as strong as you."
"Hah! A Butterfree!" Annie heard murmuring in the distance of the cave. "The boss will be pleased with this one"

"What? Butterfree is only a weak bug pokemon. It's worth nothing to us. We can't use it in battle."

"Whatever. Let's just lock it up in this cage and we can sell it for money."

Upon hearing this, Annie was furious. Who in the world would do this? And could that Butterfree be Lily? Holding Swishy tight in her arms, she marched over to the direction of the voices and found a wide opening in the cave. She went inside to a large cavern, strung with wires and lights on the ceiling, with black tents and mats on the floor with a large letter 'R' on them. What in the world was going on here?

"HEY, YOU!" The same voice from before shouted at Annie. "What the hell do you think you're doing here? Scram!"

"Yeah kid, this cave isn't a place for you to play. Shoo!" The second familiar voice replied too.

Amongst the two strange men in weird black uniforms was a cage with a Butterfree. Not just any Butterfree - Lily! She had to save her! Startled yet enraged, Annie put Swishy on her back and put one foot forward, aggressively leaning forward.

"Excuse me, but I think you need to give me my Pokemon back!" She exclaimed. The two men laughed.

"What are you gonna do, you're just a girl!" The first man said through laughter.

"I'll show you what a girl can do!" Annie screamed furiously. "Go Swishy!"

"You don't scare us, we're team Rocket!" The second man shouted.

Battle! Vs. Team Rocket Grunts!
"What?" Annie exclaimed. "Team Rocket?!"

"That's right! Go, Koffing!" The first grunt shouted, throwing a Pokeball and having a large purple Pokemon with smoke pouring out it emerge from it.

"Hah, and you'll be battling me, too!" The second grunt shouted. "Go, Voltorb!" Out of the second Pokeball emerged another Pokeball-lookalike Pokemon - albeit with an angry face.

"Alright Swishy, use your Bubble attack on Koffing!" Swishy nodded and launched a watery projectile at his purple foe. The Koffing dodged, however, sending the bubbles into the inky blackness. In retaliation, it seeped black smoke out of its body, and sent it flying towards Swishy, who then started to cough wildly. "W-what did you do?!" Annie shouted.

"That's Koffing's smog!" The first grunt replied with an evil grin on his face. "And now your precious Pokemon is poisoned."

"P-poisoned?" Annie looked at Swishy, who was now a pale eggshell blue, and winced. Looking at him made her heart hurt. "Try and use Bubble attack, again, this time on Voltorb!" Swishy nodded weakly and fired bubbles again but at the Voltorb this time looking more feeble and the attack more weak.

"Not so fast! Voltorb, explosion!" The second grunt shouted. In a second there was a spoark of light and suddenly... BOOM! Ash exploded from Voltorb, causing Annie to shelter swishy and the Koffing to be blown away into the cave. Soon the ash settled and Koffing returned to its original position in the battle. However, when Annie looked at her Pokemon, she could see that he had fainted.

Battle lost...
"That's right little girl, you lost. Your precious Pokemon is now ours." The first grunt reached for Swishy, but Annie wouldn't let go.

"No, that's not fair! You can't do this!" She cried loudly into the cave.

"Life's tough, kid. Give us your Poke-"

"STOP!" An unfamiliar voice exclaimed from outside the cavern. Looking around, Annie could see a blue haired girl with a chubby yet determined Pikachu glaring furiously at the Team Rocket Grunts. "HERSHEY, USE THUNDERBOLT!" The Pikachu's tail lit up to form a bright white light while a cyan ball of electricity built up. Annie braced herself as the chubby Pikachu launched her attack at the rocket grunts, which caused yet another large "BANG!" and drove them away. She opened her eyes to see the girl standing in front of her, with her hand outstretched and her large blue eyes staring at her.

"Hey-" Annie began to speak, but the girl interrupted her.

"You okay? Lemme help you up." She said, pulling Annie to her feet. "Sorry about your Pokemon, Team Rocket are a bunch of lowlife idiots. Don't mess with them - you could get really hurt, okay?"

"Sorry..." Annie said, clutching the fainted Swishy to her chest. "You see, they took my Butterfree and I had to get her back!" She signalled towards the cage where Lily was and ran towards it. Lily was cowering in the corner, but flew up to Annie to greet her. "This is her! Could you help me please?" The blue haired girl nodded. She moved her bangs out of her face and adjusted her ponytail before sending her Pikachu to use slam on the cage, causing it to break and Lily to fly out. Annie was overjoyed. "Thank you so much!"

"No problem." The blue haired girl said while smiling. "Hey kid, follow me, I wanna show you something." The girl ran ahead, with her Pikachu on her back and Annie followed her. She ran for a while, but Annie could see her clearly due to her bright cerulean hair being illuminated by the cave lights. After about a minute, the girl and Annie emerged out into a clearing.

The area was up high in the mountains, with some grass growing on he ground. She didn't realise how late it was - the sun had already set and the moon was bright and full, hovering in the middle of the night sky with an angelic glow. There was a crater filled with rainwater about 20 metres away, which reflected the stars of the night sky. Making her way closer with the blue haired girl and Lily fluttering close behind, she could see some Clefairy dancing around the crater, which had an egg floating in the middle of it. The blue haired girl sat down and watched. Annie began to speak but was hushed by her newfound friend, so instead she sat down and watched the Clefairy.

Their actions were rhythmical and with no fault - they all danced in exactly the same way and laded in the same spots. They fluttered from one place to another, twirling and twisting, moving their tiny fairy feet in the air as they jumped. Amazed, Annie got out her Pokedex to hear more about these creatures.

Kanto #35 - Clefairy
Its magical and cute appeal has many admirers. It is rare and found only in certain areas.
Upon hearing the sound of the Pokedex, The Clefairy became startled and flustered, with their actions becoming disorganised and messy. Ultimately, they hovered away into the to direction of the moon, leaving the peachy coloured egg behind in the crater. Annie felt guilty - the creature in that Egg would grow up to be lonely and it would be her fault.

"Lily, could you get me the egg from the water please?" she asked the butterfly Pokemon politely, and she happily obliged. "Be careful!" She said, as Lily struggled to pick it up. In a few seconds however, Annie returned Swishy to his Pokeball and was now holding the egg in her arms. Inspecting it closely, she could see it was a peachy-pink colour with brown triangular marks on each side. "Do you think this is a Clefairy egg?"

"I didn't know Pokemon laid eggs." The blue haired girl shrugged. "I'd be careful with it though... if it were me, I would leave it where it was."

"But... but..." Annie looked at the egg and then at the girl. She was about 3 years older and had probably more experience and therefore wisdom. "If I leave it out here, then some Pokemon could take it and..."

"Whatever." The girl said, shrugging. "I'm no expert on Pokemon eggs. I didn't even know they were a thing."

Annie pondered for a bit before replying. "I think I'm gonna keep it. By the way. What's your name anyway? I'm Annie."

"Wow, I didn't introduce myself already. Sorry! I'm Charlotte, and this is Hershey, my Pikachu. Cute name you have there, by the way."

Meanwhile, in the cave, Mint and Aaron were still looking for Annie in the cave, using Frosty's eyes as a torch. They were almost hopelessly lost, only recently finding out that they had been going around in circles for a solid two hours. Exhausted, they were about to give up, just when Aaron spotted a light at the end of a long non-illuminated tunnel.

"Look, Mint." Aaron said tiredly. "Maybe that's the exit?"

"But... Annie could still be lost..." Mint replied.

"Maybe she's waiting for us outside?" He reasoned.

Giving up, Mint dragged himself down the dark rocky corridor. It had the same feeling of Brock's gym... cold and sharp, causing tension on the nerves. His Pokemon were rather beat up too, having encountered the evil Team Rocket in the cave and having to chase them off. However, it did pay off as his Pokemon weren't stolen, and he and Aaron managed to free some wild pokemon out of their cages. He even swore he set a Clefairy free - but he was very tired, and there were other pink Pokemon in the world. Eventually, he reached the end of the corridor and found himself a in a clearing. Where was he?

The night sky accommodated a rather large full moon, which shone upon a grassy clearing high up in the mountains. In the distance he could see two girls sitting by a large crater... one with distinctively bright blue hair and another with a bright cyan hoodie. Could it be Annie?

"Mints!" He heard Annie's voice exclaimed from across the clearing, and saw the she was waving. Ecstatic, he dashed towards her and embraced her her. Aaron followed behind lazily, dragging his feet along.

"I was so worried! What happened?!" He said, now happy that his friend was here. The blue haired girl and her chubby Pikachu giggled to themselves seeing the two talk with concern for each other.

"Weeell... Basically the Zubat horde took away Lily's Pokeball and I had to chase it and after a while of chasing I found these weird dudes called Team Rocket had taken Lily and locked her in a cage and I had to fight them and Swishy fainted and they were gonna take Swishy too BUT THEN, this girl here, her name is Charlotte, came and rescued me with her Pikachu called Hershey and then she took me to see these dancing Clefairy in this mountain top clearing and then they left an egg and then I took it and she said it was a bad idea but I thought an Onix could come along and smash it so now I am a mother of an unborn Clefairy and I have new responsibilities to take care of and THEN you came running here and then I started explaining this story to you and then-"

"I think he gets it, Annie." Aaron said, fed up and tired. "I wanna go to bed, it has to be like, midnight or something."

"Well I'm glad you're okay..." Mint said, with a sigh of relief and lying down.

"We don't have a camp, though!" Annie exclaimed.

"Haven't you ever laid out under the stars before?" Said Charlotte, already with her eyes closed and Hershey snoozing on her chest. "It's nice."

"We'll do that then." Said Aaron, defeated by his exhaustion. "Goodnight."

The four of them closed their eyes and eventually fell asleep under the night sky.

Mint's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Momo (Bulbasaur)
Frosty (Jigglypuff)

Annie's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Swishy (Squirtle)
Lily (Butterfree)

Charlotte's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Hershey (Pikachu)

it's back!
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Pokemon! Book 1: Kanto Dreams (Chapter 8: it's back!)

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 9: The Floral Lagoon City

After sleeping on the grass (in the area which they found out was called "Mt. Moon Square") for the night, Mint, Annie, Aaron and their newfound friend Charlotte were almost at the end of Mt. Moon's cave, only a few steps away from the exit. After stepping outside they were in Route 4, however not all went well as it was heavily pouring with rain. Luckily, Charlotte was well equipped and got out a space-patterned umbrella, in which Annie excitedly commented that it matched her leggings. The group of four huddled very close together and quickly rushed to a nearby tree so that there was no possibility to get wet.

"It's pretty nice here, actually," Mint observed the route and the bright Cerulean City below them. Through the heavy rain you could make out that at the bottom of the valley was a patch of overgrown grass near a river which winded down into the lively Cerulean City. The buzzing of cars could even been hear from the base of Mt. Moon (where they were) and the town looked rather inviting. "Do you think we could head there now? As much as I like the rain, I don't want to get a cold."

"Sure," Charlotte replied with a smile. "You know, Cerulean is my hometown. I could show you around my house."

The three of them agreed and again started to huddle under the umbrella. They were careful not to slide down the hill as the grass was incredibly wet, Annie had to hold onto Charlotte a few times to avoid falling over (to which Mint and Aaron were very amused). On the way they passed a young picnicker sheltering her Nidoran under her hat and running past them, eager to get to the city. Flocks of Spearow flew past to get to their nests in the trees and avoid the heavy downpour of rain. Annie and Charlotte could've sworn they saw a group of Oddish in a flower patch, whereas all Mint could see was Bellsprout dotted around the place. After passing many patches of blue flowers they were getting closer and closer to the city.

As they got closer they could see Routes 24 and 25, the former which was home the the sparkling golden Nugget Bridge, and the latter home to a large lighthouse where a famous Pokemon enthusiast called Bill lived. Beyond the lighthouse was the wide northern Kanto sea shimmering a metallic silvery blue - rumours indicated that taking a boat from there could make you wind up in the northerly situated region of Sinnoh.

After daydreaming about faraway regions and what Pokemon could possibly live there, the group of them finally made it to Cerulean City. The heavy rain was still pouring from the sky but that didn't damped the exciting vibe you got from the city. A river ran through the north of the town near Nugget Bridge and many flowers grew alongside it. To the south of the town was the Bicycle shop and the quiet Route 5 which led to Saffron City. The city was also home to a gym - Water type - who's leader was called Misty and often described as a "tomboyish mermaid". After looking at the town for a bit, the four of them decided that sharing an umbrella for a long period of time was a bit too close for comfort and decided to head to the Pokemon Centre.

As soon as they entered, Annie rushed straight to the counter to heal Swishy and Lily, still clutching onto the pink egg she found at Mt. Moon.

"Annie, aren't you gonna tell the professor about your egg?" Mint inquired, while handing his Pokemon to Nurse Joy.

"Oh, I really should, I forgot!" Annie headed towards the video phone and dialled his number.

RINGING... RINGING...
"Hello?" Oak said, slightly sleepily. His eyes looked rather half asleep and it was easy to tell he had just woken up. "IS that you, Annie?"

"Yes professor!" She exclaimed, making the professor jump. "You see, I found this egg at Mt. Moon, and I thought it'd be best to inform you about it..."

"An egg?!" The professor asked, now looking more awake. "Is it a Pokemon egg?"

"Well, it was left by a group of Clefairy who were dancing at Mt. Moon..." Annie said, feeling rather guilty. She held the egg up to the camera so he could see better. "I was thinking that it could be a Clefairy egg!"

"Why, possibly! Maybe I should contact Elm about this..." Oak pondered for a second. "Listen Annie, take care of that egg and don't drop it or lose it! Team Rocket is around and you don't want it to get into the wrong hands."

"O-of course!" Annie replied frantically, thinking of what she would do if Swishy had been taken. "Oh, um, my Pokemon are ready, gotta go, bye!"

"Wait-"

CALL ENDED

Slightly embarassed, Annie looked at the coral coloured egg again and sighed. She walked slowly over to the counter and picked up her Pokemon.

"You ready to go to my house?" Charlotte asked.

"Yeah, let's go." She replied, looking at the floor.

"Listen, don't feel bad about taking the egg. You were right, some bird Pokemon could come and take it or a rock Pokemon could easily of smashed it. Even worse, Team Rocket could've gotten their filthy paws on it." Charlotte reassured her.

"Yeah," Mint said, laying a hand on her shoulder. "And you know what they say, Pokemon raised by bad people turn out bad themselves." At this, Annie smiled.

"Can we go already?" Aaron said, putting a book titled Becoming a skilled trainer without owning any Pokemon down. "I'm bored of the Pokemon Centre. There's nothing for me to do here."

Later, they arrived at Charlotte's house. The four of them went up to her room and took their shoes off by the door. It was medium sized, with posters of various anime on the walls with incomprehensible Japanese writing on them. The wall was painted an eggshell blue and the bed was covered in Pikachu bedsheets, which Hershey was sitting on looking rather pleased with herself. Truly, Charlotte was a girl who wasn't afraid to be herself and like what she liked.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce you two my other Pokemon, Gumball and Pez." She released a Zubat and an Oddish into the room, both of which greeted Mint, Annie and Aaron with noises that could only be described as friendly screeches. "They're total weirdos, but I love them."

"They're sooo cute!" Annie said with an adoring voice. Both her an Mint got out their Pokedexes, Mint using his on Zubat while Annie used hers on Oddish.

Kanto #41 - Zubat
Forms colonies in perpetually dark places. Uses ultrasonic waves to identify and approach targets.

This Zubat is female and knows the following moves:
Supersonic, Astonish, Bite, Wing Attack

Kanto #43 - Oddish
During the day, it keeps its face buried in the ground. At night, it wanders around sowing its seeds.

This Oddish is male and knows the following moves:
Absorb, Acid, Sweet Scent, Poison Powder
"Oh, that's weird," Charlotte said. "My Pokedex says different stuff about them. Look."

Kanto #41 - Zubat
Emits ultrasonic cries while it flies. They act as a sonar used to check for objects in its way. 

Kanto #43 - Oddish
It may be mistaken for a clump of weeds. If you try to yank it out of the ground, it shrieks horribly.
"Oh?" Mint said, slightly bewildered. "Where did you get your Pokedex, then?"

"Prof. Oak, like you two..." Charlotte said. "It's probably an earlier version or something."

"Aah, could you tell us the story of how you got your Pokemon?!" Annie inquired, her eyes lighting up like Frosty's. She relased all of her Pokemon from their Pokeballs so that they could listen too - Mint did the same.

"Sure...

(a few years ago, 2 to be exact)

A young girl, about 13 years old, was in Saffron City waiting for the famous Magnet Train to take her to Viridian City, where she could make her way down to Pallet Town. She'd been waiting for this day all her life, so excited that she even dyed her hair blue to match the colour of Squirtle - the Pokemon she wanted to pick. Soon enough the train arrived, and she hopped on, barely containing her excitement. She sat down next to her mother and stared out of the window, watching the scene of the industrial Saffron city started to move away as the train started. Although she had packed mangas, she was too excited to read them and stared out of the window with a grin on her face.

She watched as the scenery changed from industrial to farmland, and from farmland to forest. The sky changed too, turning from rather sunny and blue to a dark, stormy grey. Suddenly, with a flash of lightning and a rumble of thunder, heavy rain started to pour down. This started to pour down for a while. However, the train stopped too with yet another loud crash of thunder.

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CONDUCTOR. EMERGENCY. PLEASE LISTEN.

Sorry Passengers for the delay. As you can see, the train has stopped moving. Engineers are coming shortly. Please remain seated. Train expected to arrive in Viridian City in approx. 3 hours.

END ANNOUNCEMENT.
The girl was devastated. By the time the train would've got to Viridian City, Squirtle would've been taken for sure. She'd probably have to settle for the likes of Bulbasaur. Feeling upset, she got out one of her many mangas and began to read it to pass the time. Eventually, she fell asleep.

The girl was awoken by the sound of the announcer saying that they had arrived in Viridian City. Lazily, she stretched her legs and got off the train. Still feeling rather crestfallen, she tried to gather up what little hope she had and headed towards Route 1. To her dismay, it was still raining quite heavily, and she had to walk all the way down the country road by herself without an umbrella. Taking her mother's advice, she avoided the long grass and stuck to the western side, where there were ledges that you could hop down to reach Pallet town quickly - albeit very muddy and slippery.

Eventually, the crestfallen Charlotte reached Pallet Town. Her hair was soaked and now frizzy due to the rain. She passed a house with a mint-coloured roof and found her way to the lab in no time - after all Pallet town was incredibly small and fairly new. Holding onto her hopes that Squirtle was still available, she made her way inside.

As soon as she entered, Oak was standing right by the door.

"Ah, you must be Charlotte, right?" He looked at her with smiling eyes. She smiled back weakly.

"Y-yeah... I take it Squirtle has already been taken..." She replied through a sigh.

"Erm, well... yes. All of the Pokemon have. But just for you, I saved a very special rare Pokemon I thought you might like. Follow me!" Oak said with a smile, going toward the top of his lab. Charlotte pushes her fringe out of her face and followed him. He took a special yellow Pokeball out of his pocket and released a Pokemon from it, and that Pokemon was none other than Pickahu. "This one is a girl, as you can see by her heart shaped tail." The little Pikachu pointed at its tail. "She's very friendly and smart, and she also likes chocolate!" Charlotte stared at the little creature for a second or two. The electric mouse stared back with a visible smile on its face.

"I... I like her..." She said, picking her up. "Electric type, right?"

"Yes!"

"I think I'll call you Hershey, if you like chocolate that much."

"Excellent, I'm glad you're not disappointed." Oak said through laughter. "Now here is your Pokedex and how to use it is..."

"Anyway," Charlotte said, finishing her story. "He went onto explain what a Pokedex was and all that junk. Every time I think about it, I'm really glad that my train was disrupted by lightning. I guess it was kind of a lucky sign."

"That's... so cute..." Mint said, who was laying on the floor and staring intently at Charlotte.

"Haha, I'm glad you think so. It's also why I love heavy rain, and why I never leave the house without an umbrella." She replied. During the story, Hershey had hopped on her lap and was oogling her trainer with adoring eyes.

"Is that also why she's so chubby?" Aaron started. "Because you feed her chocolate?"

"Aaron!" Annie snarled.

"Yeah, haha, " Charlotte said calmly. "Don't worry about it, Hershey thinks chubby is cute."

"Which it is!" Annie agreed. "All this talk about Pokemon makes me want to challenge the gym leader!" She exclaimed. "Let's go!"

The four of them rushed outside with their Pokemon back into the city, ready to face the gym leader Misty.

Mint's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Momo (Bulbasaur)
Frosty (Jigglypuff)

Annie's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Swishy (Squirtle)
Lily (Butterfree)

Charlotte's Pokemon
Spoiler:
IN PARTY
Hershey (Pikachu)
Gumball (Zubat)
Pez (Oddish)
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog