Kruziik

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Skonia
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: Vugzahd, rei ahrk storniik.

Kruziik

Post by Skonia »

I woke up with an urge to write, so I'll do that.

Kruziik

Chapter 1

"Ahh! It's coming! The baby is coming!" Cried out the pained mother, cradling her bloated stomach that harbored an actual inkling of life at such wonderful timing! There is a dragon war happening outside this shelter. A few men came to her aid, and helped birth the baby, bringing it to this dark, ash plagued world. It didn't seem to care, those big blue eyes just stared around, not a weep or a whimper was uttered from that tiny mouth. Even though it was sort of covered in blood and internal stuff. The mother cried with pain and relief, a surprise that this baby didn't die minutes after it was born, which was common these days. They cut the cord, cleaned up the big eyed gremlin, and gave the baby to the mother. Watching the baby in intense thought, she couldn't help but struggle with a name. The father was gone, lost, caught in the dark wings and blood stained swords out in the inferno above. Of course, who could forget that perfect timing, because that inferno started leaking into the very place they sought out as shelter. There was panic, most of the people in this small underground space were stereotypical screaming and fearful females, with the occasional brave men and women who are there to protect them, come the time danger is lashing its sun-colored tongues of pure smoldering heat at your doorstep. Thus, our small story in this small cavern unfolds. "Guard! Please! Take the baby to safety! I beg of you, I beg and plead and pray that you may take my baby somewhere far and safe from this wretched war the dragons wrought!" She limped but rushed to the guard and collapsed on her knees in front of the man, enduring the pain of her recent pregnancy only to plead to the poor man. He did it, he took the baby and wrapped it in a blanket for safety. He ordered his men to cover him as he ran, far away and far to a home far from this mess. Over the hills, through the forests, to a corner of this land. He took the baby to a place next to a delicate river stream, with a big fortress made of a blackened mountain, an ancient volcano, that housed the best tools and soldiers to deal with this flying menace. This place was known as the Ashen Fortress.

A baby boy, he was. Once the guard came to the fortress, he briefly died after delivering the baby and vaguely explaining the situation. He died of exhaustion, and also getting bit by a venomous snake on the way. How tragic, the boy doesn't even have any form of parents whatsoever! Good thing he was young enough to not care. He grew up in the village on the river next to that big ash fort, he only lived in a household for a few months before someone else offered to take care of him. Adoption wasn't big for these people, because they had some spiritual religious thing about it being their own child, or else they don't care. This went on for about 4 years until the boy was old enough to walk and talk, which is when the entire village just let him roam around, and make sure he doesn't go too far. No one gave him a normal name as a baby, they just started calling him Rovaniik, which meant "Wanderer" in dragon tongue. Rovaniik would have his fun in the day, and come to a house at night to eat and sleep. No one cared who's house he picked, since everyone took care of him at some point, so they welcome him. The village, and in general, that entire small region with the fort and everything, was home to a concentration of "ash elves" which is just a fancy and slightly racist word for dark elves that really love that volcano. They are frowned upon, because they also harbor a dragon in that volcano. Only high up generals and important people get to speak to that dragon, for it is a very calm one, not sharing the crazed destruction bent dragons in the war. Not many people know about the dragon itself, only that it is described as ancient, and an important asset to this dragon war. It keeps the other dragons from coming near the place, because this dragon in the volcano seems to have a big status amongst the dragons, and they don't want to challenge it. It never leaves the volcano, mainly because it is clogging the volcano itself, and if it does leave, it's bringing the lava with it. Which honestly sounds ridiculous, but it is stated the eruption would be calm, but long. It would destroy everything nearby, and they aren't ready to evacuate. The dragon knew all this, so they also called it wise. Kruziikonik, they named it.

Enough of the dragon, back to the boy. Rovaniik lived casually like this for 17 years, when he thought himself old enough, he wanted to serve for Kruziikonik in eliminating the hellbent dragons. He went through training for another year, and before he was sent off on his first dragon slaying mission, the dragon in the volcano asked to speak to him by name. He was honored to be graced by such a presence, but Kruziikonik shrugged off the pleasantries to tell him what it wanted to. "I have expected you, I have seen you coming years ago. I may inform you that you are... Yun ahrk zurun. New and strange, but blessed. Not by what you know as holy, no. Holiness is not your title or your blessing. It is the opposite, but you are born to be ancient, like I. No, you are no dragon, you are something else ancient. Unholy, given to us by something that reaches far from the abyss to grace us. You have darkness in your heart. Use it. Accept your unholy duties, take them to heart, trust me. I am no future dweller, but I have seen and known, far before the sun was born. I know you. I wish you to go against your religions. Your fate lies in the void, only then you will come out again, and I will greet you again." Rovaniik stood, for a long time, trying to take in the words of this dragon, it sounded like it struggled to explain things in a language he would understand, but he nodded, and returned back to the outdoors, and sat down. Thinking of these words, trying to understand. To go against everything? To be unholy? He didn't understand until it smacked him in the face. There was an uproar of what the dragon spoke. People took it as he was some kind of evil bundle of unsanitary unholiness that seeks to ruin people and things. All he did was leave to go slay the dragon, he had much to think about. Why did the dragon wish upon him to become most unholy? What did that mean? Was it literal or did it imply something else? So many questions raced through his mind and he couldn't understand. He fought and slain the dragon he was sent to, and came home, wandering. Wandering around the river, being the wanderer he is. Thinking. Understanding.

Waiting.
y'all...
Image Image Image
Skonia
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: Vugzahd, rei ahrk storniik.

Re: Kruziik

Post by Skonia »

Chapter 2

Ah, yes, I was thrown. Thrown into the cell, I remember hitting my head on the hard wall and passing out. No bleeding, I'm surprised but also disappointed it didn't bleed. I love it, the blood. Ah, why was I graced with such a burdening task? How am I wished upon such agony and despair? Why does it feel so good? The dragon, it wished such a daunting life upon me. Strange things, pain, destruction all around. Oh I'm starting to feel the beauty in it all, the screaming, the bleeding. Ah, of course I must recall why I was thrown in here. Where did it start, the day after the dragon was slain. I slept, and was woken up by a small angry mob. To be more specific, most of the people who work for the church. A few priests and priestesses, ordering I must come with them for a series of holy rituals to "purify" me and cleanse me so that they will feel better after the dragon's unholy graces upon me. What have I to lose in this situation? A dragon, the biggest dragon known to us all, that is also considered our friend and ally, tells me, a single small man that is but a speck on this earth, that I need to go against all that I believed is holy, the most popular religion in all this land, save for the few who believe in the dragon itself. I need to go against that? Who cares! I have no parents, no friends, nothing I particularly care about, so let's do what the dragon says! It's not like I wasn't already on the path of insanity!

"Priestess and adoptive mother, Annen, I will gladly take part in these rituals. I just wish you would do them all for me, you were always my favorite mother when I was growing up." I sweetly inquire to her. She happily obliged, and took me to the big church on the far left side of the ash mountain. Into a room with many books, candles, and other disgusting holy things. I walked into the doorway and felt... Pain. Pain in my chest. I collapsed on the ground and Annen came to my aid. Ooh, poor Rovaniik! What hath made you such ill? The putrid holy crap that you blessed this stupid room with! What did you think? I wasn't unholy? Hah! I took her heart, I took my dagger out of my boot and cut deep into her. Everyone else came, one at a time, I took them all out too and left the vile place. It got me going, I felt thrilled, and the blood on my blade and hands smelled and tasted fantastic! Maybe the dragon was right after all. I ran out of town as soon as possible. I didn't want to get caught yet, I wasn't done. I wanted more. That night, I hid in the shadows and eavesdropped. People were starting to get uncomfortable with that dragon in the volcano. Distrust was everywhere, they were becoming very afraid it will leave without warning and kill everyone with the lava it is suppressing. They want to question it, but they don't want to anger it. They started putting out laws that no one should speak to the dragon, without permission from military officials, even if the dragon orders to see them. The dragon was peaceful, but it seemed amused of the chaos that has been wrought. How did I know this? I got into the very volcano itself, of course!

"You're doing well. You caught on easy. I did not wish to be accused and feared, but it is a wise decision, for a better future. You trust me with my decision, yes?" Kruziikonik spoke to me as I rested on one of it's horns like a hammock. "Yes, I trust it. You knew I had nothing to lose, you know a lot of things, yet you say you cannot predict the future? How do you know?" I responded, licking the blood off my dagger. It took some silent killing and planning to make sure we would not be disturbed. "I have senses. I know about things no ordinary being could possibly guess. I am a high dragon among my species. I may not introduce myself to you, for I want you to feel the anticipation for many... Centuries. It is my personal kind of joke to play on someone." I paused, did it say centuries? Why centuries? I was confused, so I questioned: "What do you mean by centuries? Am I expected to live that long?" Why a dragon could assume such of me is absurd! "Yes. I told you before, you are to live ancient as I do. You are to anticipate that too. No, you will not be as powerful as I, unless blessed by something I cannot foresee. You may eventually be wise though, and your ancient life might become a burden to you, for which I could assist in ending, if the time ever comes. You will see. I see things in the special people, but you are the first I have seen. I may be the true first, but I have not seen it. For the times humanity was capable of making such a large mirror for me is long past. Maybe someday." That dragon spoke of a lot of things I feel like it expected me to understand, as if it assumed I lived as long as it did. I didn't ask though, I know it wouldn't tell me the answer, it doesn't want me to know yet.

Ah, but after that, people panicked when they found dead people lying around the dragon. People spoke that the dragon told a blunt truth. That I was there, we conversed, and then I left. They threaten that they will evacuate and "no one will be around to help the dragon be unstuck" of which, I heard the dragon laugh from where I was camped out just a bit outside of town, for proof that someone said something that stupid to the dragon. I assume in retort, Kruziikonik merely said it could get out of the volcano any time it wanted to, but it doesn't want to danger the people in the town until they leave. It is very peaceful, and I can tell it really doesn't approve of its kin that destroys and slaughters anything they see. I believe every word that dragon says, merely because the presence of that dragon soothes me, and I have nothing else to believe in anyways, if I'm some unholy offspring. Of course, how did I even get in this jail cell? I haven't quite mentioned that yet, but I will soon. Now, you see, after a few days, people actively wanted to evacuate after Kruziikonik... Roared. It was a large, big roar, that could be heard far over mountains and in distant corners of the world. People reported any dragon they saw went into hiding, in fear. I went to go see what was up and got caught and thrown into a jail cell in the evacuated town. No key. I was left hopeless here, about 20 minutes ago.

Now rumbling, the earth is shaking with erratic thumps. I can't see much out of this cell, but it sounds like it's coming from above and shaking the whole volcano. I guess it'd be common sense to assume that since the town is evacuated, the dragon is fleeing the volcano. I hope it knows I'm in here, or else I'm as good as dead. Pretty soon, too, considering this cell is built into the volcano. The noises are getting very loud, and I hear great wings beating in the air. A loud tremor, and now silence. It landed somewhere nearby, it didn't leave yet. The foundation on the other side of this hall collapsed, I can see outside. There they are... The dragon is what destroyed the foundation, it knew I was here! I may be saved at last! "Rovaniik. Wanderer. I must not disrupt your journey as you wander. I must leave you here to be taken by the fires slowly leaking above. I am sorry. It will be a long and painful journey for you, Wanderer, but I hope you still trust my decisions. I must leave and end the war the rest of my kin have created." I feel so heart broken, so afraid that I'm about to die... It isn't the end, is it? I... I don't know... "Do not panic, Rovaniik. I can be here for you until you pass if you wish. I offer my conversation if it calms you." I... Yes, I'd like that, I can't seem to sputter those words out of my mouth, so I can only nod. "I will tell you small bits of information, in hopes I can ease some of your anticipation, but only a little. My name, Kruziikonik, yes? It is only two words, which mean ancient and wise, respectively. Traditionally dragon names are three words that describe them. This name I have been given is not my true name, but it is how you know me. I shall give you the third word. It is monah. Mother, it means. Kruziikonikmonah, ancient wise mother. What do you interpret of my name, Rovaniik?" I cringe, I can hear the crackling and the smooth approach of the lava above me, but I ignore it, and respond to her. "Mother..? Mother dragon, you are female?" I say to her. "Yes, you may refer to me as female. A mother." I can feel the heat, but I stand my ground. I can see a twinkle of sadness as she glances at the approaching molten death. "A mother of what?" She looked away, it's right behind me, I can feel it, it's gonna take me any moment.

"Mother of dragons. Every last one of them." With that, the molten fire took the poor boy away. I stare onwards, too heartbroken to see his torment. It is for the better. "Good luck on the other side, Wanderer." I say. I don't know if he can still hear me. I am off to end what I have started.
y'all...
Image Image Image