<Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q>

A forum created specifically for Chao Role-Plays due to high demand by our community.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: He returns.

Re: <Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q>

Postby quartzlcc » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:53 am

Quartz eyed the bit of metal in Melody's hand, every bit as silent as her. He was already nearly finished with his omelet. "Ready whenever," he replied. He was almost comically naked, lacking supplies or sustenance or anything of the sort. In the Hero Garden, he had learned to live off the land. Quartz was initially skeptical, but eventually, he found their simplistic way of living to be liberating.

--

Kaylessa arrived in the meal hall every bit as disheveled as she was a minute previously in Cue's room. As her eyes trained the room, it wasn't long before she found one of the more familiar faces -- Jack. She ran toward him and sat down, roughly slapping the cloaked chao on the shoulder as she did so.

"Really?" Jack said gruffly.
"Yes, really." She snapped back, grinning. "What's going on?"

The purple-tinged chao looked to Kaylessa, then to Dorian, back to Kaylessa -- already looking impatient -- and back to Dorian again.

"Well?" He queried the orange chao. "Shall we let her in on this?"
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!

Zphal
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Postby Zphal » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:39 pm

The murmurs among the rock folk continued; Dash had never been much of a public speaker, but he had momentum of the moment and who was he to stop his inspiring speech now? He tried to sound pompous and important like the pink chao, “Collect the belongings you need, split up and travel to these gardens. Live among them so they can sleep easily at night knowing you will be there to defend them from this villain Kinto Q.”

Ammy looked a little stunned momentarily, but she quickly disguised it and turned to her fellow powerchao to reinforce Dash’s words and regain her influence over the crowd, voicing her own approval of the suggestion. “Whatever hopes this Kinto Q had of over-taking Shimmering Island-- OUR island-- are no more. Rock Village shall prevail!”

Whoops and chest-thudding broke out. Soon the inhabitants had broken off to prepare as Dash and Ammy had instructed. The latter folded her arms and leaned back on one hip. “Huh. Gotta hand it to you, Speedy, you’ve got cajones.”

Back to his meeker self, the red chao cast her an askance glance, “My name’s Dash.”

She slapped him hard on the arm, chummily, “Whatever you say, Speedy.” She eyed the orange and lime green chao, “So, I take it you guys are a little closer to the action, yeah? I want a piece of it. My villagers are strong, but I’m their champion.” She grinned, sharp white teeth glistening in the early day.

--

Dorian’s mouth opened to answer, but he was interrupted by a jovial bellow to their right. “MY COMPATRIOTS!” Cue sounded out. He swaggered toward them with purpose, holding in one hand a plate piled high with bacon, sausage and fried eggs, and in the other a large tankard of… orange juice. He dropped both down on the table with a loud clatter and set himself down on the bench roughly as well, smiling ear-to-ear.

Dorian closed his eyes and let out a slow exhale; if anyone knew how to ruin a quiet and secretive moment, it was the bumbling idiot who’d just sat down. But every cog had its place. “Cue,” he spoke softly, hoping his example would encourage the chaos chao to do the same, “So nice of you to join us.” His eyes flit to Zack Jack THE PUMPKIN KING and back, as if to say ‘We may as well.’

quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Postby quartzlcc » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:06 am

"Sure," Spike spoke vaguely, still recovering from the shock that Dash had managed to turn the tables so quickly. He found himself admiring the red chao in spite of himself.

"Yeah," Peaches replied, facing Ammy. "Spike and Dash here are the champions of the village that burnt down," and she failed to suppress a snicker.

Then she just looked sad, remembering it was her garden too.

--

"Well," Jack began, licking his lips, "I've found -- shh... -- I've found the master's hit list, as it were."

Kaylessa had many questions -- was it easy to find this list? Why? Was this another one of Kinto Q's tests of loyalty? -- but she was never in on the plan of finding the list in the first place, and couldn't know much.

Instead, the only words that escaped her lips were, "Cool. When do we start?"

eblu
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Motto: u

Postby eblu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:12 pm

((random ooc nonsense but i'm amazed you two have managed to keep this alive for so long even during this drought of activity. i mean this is practically the only active topic left in the RP board))
discord: eblu#8048 | twitter | youtube | steam
what's happening forum
16 | male | ESTP | resident anime denouncer

Zphal
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Postby Zphal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:15 am

“Tough break,” Ammy expressed her sympathy, which was a facet of her personality hitherto unseen and thus difficult to really find wholly believable. She hit her fist into her palm again, “So then, it’s revenge you’re after.”

Dash nibbled the inside of his cheek; he wasn’t a vengeful chao, but what had transpired did urge him to action. “We don’t want it happening to anyone else. We just want to stop those responsible so no one else gets hurt or loses their home.” He looked to Peaches and Spike; they seemed to be in agreement.

Ammy nodded. She seemed very confident. “We’ll take ‘em down then. Got any ideas where they went?”

--

“No sooner than I’ve finished breakfast!” Cue announced, cramming two whole strips of bacon into his mouth at once and masticating enthusiastically.

Dorian merely shook his head gently as if to pretend he hadn’t witnessed the shiny white chao’s gluttony. “We can start today. Unless the Master has given any of you any instructions to follow?” He highly doubted it; most of the clan had been rather idle since their recruitment, which was precisely why they were looking to set themselves apart.

--

“Then let’s set off,” Melody said, closing her bag. The two of them exited her modest domicile and she adhered a sheet of paper to her door that read:

If you find yourself in need of any medicines or food,
take what you need from my garden, but be mindful of
those who may also need it more. Blessings, –Melody

She did not, after all, know how long she might be away.

Then she turned back to Quartz. They would travel on foot to the city.

--

The Great Library sat atop the highest peak on Shimmering Island in the Mystic Mountains. It was a huge stone edifice, erected long, long ago, back when Chaos, Protector of Chao, himself still lived. At least, it was said. Though that seemed a bit unbelievable. Few chao ventured there due to the altitude and fortitude it took to surmount, but for Kinto Q, with his remarkable stats, this posed little difficulty.

He came upon the double wooden doors, each twelve foot tall (quite an impressive height for small creatures such as chao), a burnt mahogany. The grandoisity appealed to the swim chao. Perhaps, once the island was his, he would make the Great Library his new lair and command from it, once the need for secretism and being underground was over. He took one of the old bronze knockers in his claw and struck the metallic ring against the base to summon those inside to grant him entry.

A few moments later the hinges groaned open. He proceeded in with a small flourish of his cloak. The door closed after him, and it took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the low lighting kept within the stone walls– no doubt a precaution to prevent unnecessary aging of the tomes and manuals inside. The air was dusty, but not wet, and candle flames danced in their holders on the walls. Three chao in maroon robes stood to his right. They seemed entirely unperturbed by his presence– not due to ignorance of current events. No doubt that information had spread. Truthfully, Kinto Q had nothing to fear from these devout scribes, as their concerns did not lie with present events or what the future had to hold, only documenting the past; they had no alignment toward good or evil, only dedication to what once was and preserving history.

“What do you wish to consult within the Great Library?” the middle one asked. His voice was crackly and dry. In fact, so was the rest of him. These were chao who had, by some knowledge, eluded standard reincarnation, and thus had grown far older than the five year cycle would typically allow. While most chao reincarnated shortly after passing their prime, these chao was grown stooped and withered, their skin somewhat like the top of a bowl of pudding that had been left in the back of the refrigerator for a couple of weeks. The one on the left seemed the “youngest”, and judging from his appearance, was likely somewhere between 15 and 20 years old.

“I wish to indulge in your library’s knowledge of lycanthropy,” Kinto Q responded.

The chao scribe on the right hummed. “This way,” he nodded his head almost imperceptibly. He turned and Kinto Q followed.

quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Postby quartzlcc » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:35 pm

((thx fam))

--

"Although, a bit of vengeance couldn't hurt either," Peaches said, attempting to inject some humor into the rather grim discussion.

Spike snapped back to reality. "All we know is Dash bumped into one of Kinto Q's henchmen kidnapping some of the chao from the Normal Garden." He made little effort not to sound annoyed with the red chao.

--

While Kaylessa shook her head in response to Dorian, Jack laughed, though his expression was bitter. "Of course not. When have we ever had anything to do..."

Kaylessa smiled. "Yeah, let's start today. You two have the details worked out, yeah?"

Jack nodded, his eyes fixed on the orange chao sitting across from him.

--

"Blessings, eh?" Quartz spoke, eyeing the note Melody posted to the door of her abode. "A lot of these chao might need it."

"Anyway," he said, turning to face the city at large and beginning to walk. "It's been a while, but I should know the way to the Black Market."

Zphal
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Postby Zphal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Dash had completely forgotten the incident Spike had just mentioned. "Coconuts!" he cursed, snapping his fingers in rememberance. "You're right! That's the place to start." He was no good at tracking, but the lime green chao, despite his vibrant outer coloring, had ranger-like abilities. "Spike, do you think you could track here they went? It could lead us to them!" In his excitement, he was stating the obvious, but his little heart began pounding with a sense of hope that maybe just maybe, their little band of would-be heroes could rescue those who'd been snatched away from their precious garden.

Ammy's eyebrows lifted while she shrugged with a non-verbal 'I'm willing to try it.'

Return to “Chao Role-Playing”