I've Never RP'd before... How does it work?

A forum created specifically for Chao Role-Plays due to high demand by our community.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.

I've Never RP'd before... How does it work?

Post by Ciao »

Title. It seems kind of interesting, but I haven't the slightest clue where to begin. Could someone fill me in?
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: I've Never RP'd before... How does it work?

Post by eblu »

Fill out character sheet (usually in the first post), wait to be accepted, be the character, done. It's kind of like writing a book, but with a few others involved.

Also, a few role-playing terms:

Bunnying = controlling another's character

Godmodding = Doing something that's way overpowered for your character.

OOC = Out Of Character (In other words, this is you typing in a post, but you're not describing anything the character is doing. Usually enclosed in brackets/parentheses.)
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Ah, I see we have a newbie to rping! :3
It's pretty simple, i'm sure you'll get it after a while. And, adding onto eboy's explanation:

First off: If you're looking to join a rp(which I would suggest doing first), you'll need to read the first post throughly. There you'll find-

The Plot: Usually describing when/why/what the rp will be about. It's best to read this do decide if you're interested in joining.

The Rules: Rules usually all consist of the same things, including most of the terms eboy already gave you.

The Character Sheet: All(or most) rps will have a character sheet. This is something you fill out and post in order to join. Since you're posting in the chao sub-forum specifically, how about I go over typical chao character sheets?

Example-
Username: (Your forum username goes here.)
Name: (Your character's name goes here.)
Color/Tone: (Your chao's main color, and a choice between whether it has highlights (Two-Tone), or it doesn't (Monotone.))
Alignment/Evolution: (Your chao's alignment(Hero/Nuetral/Dark) and evolution(Swim/Run/Power/Fly, and an optional second evolution.))
Personality:
Bio: (Short for 'Biography'. Write a short summary of your character's life/background here.)
Other: (Anything else you want to add.)

These are the basics, you'll catch onto more things from seeing how others rp, trust me. :3

Hope I helped!
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.

Post by Ciao »

Cool. Thanks you two! I'll get around to participating... some time. Seems like fun.