[WIP] Community RP (Ideas topic)

A forum created specifically for Chao Role-Plays due to high demand by our community.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

[WIP] Community RP (Ideas topic)

Post by Chaolin112 »

== Work In Progress ==

This will be the page for the Community Chao RP that's currently being worked on. Leave your ideas below (plots, rules, etc etc) and hopefully we can start in a couple of days :D
Also note that any of this is subject to change as we're working on it. If you noticed something you think should be changed, please lemme know! You can always PM me and I'm also quite often found in the chat. You can also post it down here so others know what you're secret masterplan is :3

=======================================================================
(this would be the actual topic)

Welcome to the <name of RP>! On one of many islands, a small Chao settlement is located. When a foreign person from one of the surrounding islands visits them to tell that there are things gone horribly wrong on the other islands, they set out to help, only to find out that things are getting worse and worse as time runs out...

Rules:
- No bunnying without permission of the Chao's owner. (controlling someone else's character)
- No swearing (also, please change your sentence a bit instead of using **these**)
- No major plot twists without permission
- No existing characters. That's right, completely new, original characters!
- No Chaos Emeralds or similar (power giving) objects.
- No colored text. It was a thing a while back and depending on what theme others are using, there will always be people who'll have trouble reading it. And especially for people (like me) who have eye / seeing problems it's a real pain.
- All of the CI general rules

Guidelines:
- Try to keep people with other time zones in mind, so they won't have to read 15 pages of jibberjabber while they were asleep.
- Try to make your posts longer than 1 sentence, unless you're in a conversation with someone.
- If you want your character to interact with someone else's, maybe PM them and present your idea, then work your conversation out together. This way, you won't have to post, wait for that person, post, wait etc. This is a form of allowed / controlled bunnying.
- OOC (Out of Character) text is fine, just make clear what is OOC and what isn't (for example, by using [[ these ]] .)

Plot (incomplete-ish, i feel like it could use a little more work but i've gotten great suggestions :D):
On one of many islands, a small chao settlement is located. When an unknown Chao from one of the surrounding islands visits them to tell that there are things wrong on the other islands, they set out to help. The foreign Chao couldn't say what/i] exactly was wrong, he only knew they were the ones to investigate and find out what had happened, then vanishes. Most people didn't believe him, but some were quick to point out that this, combined with the earthquakes, strange noises, undefinable storms and other weird things that have happened lately, might present a path to an answer. Although still not everyone was convinced, a few, the ones who were truly brave, knew what had to be done. Our heroes soon find out that most the islands close to theirs have Chao and other, less-intelligent animals as inhabitants. Each island appears to have it's own problem that must be solved in other to save the inhabitants. These range from erupting volcanoes appearing out of seemingly nowhere to whole groups of people gone mad, where difficult topics have to be dealt with such as greed, fear and more. Hopefully our heroes can find out what is causing these problems and find a way to make everything the way it was to stop this... event, before they're too late.

Character sheet:
Username:
Chao's Name:
Color and Tone:
Alignment and Evolution:
Personality:
Bio:

Post your sheet below or PM it to me.
Accepted forms:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Chaolin112 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Re: [WIP] Community RP (Ideas topic)

Post by quartzlcc »

Some pretty basic rules would be

No Godmodding
No bunnying without permission
No plot twists without permission

Personally I would also like to keep Chaos Emeralds out of the picture, and as mentioned in the other thread, keep existing characters out of this one specifically. Both such rules make for less tropes/less cliché, and more imaginative ideas in their place.

In terms of plot ... hah, that's hard to say because one has to know the overall plot to add any details. That said, I am going to assume that little progress has been made on the plot as of yet, so with that assumption in mind... Traversing several small islands always makes for a compelling and intriguing setting.
Last edited by quartzlcc on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

How about instead of "no time heroes" we have a rule that applies to everyone, such as "new characters only"

We're not the only ones that recycle characters, so if you want a fresh new picture to work on, have the rule apply to everyone so it's fair. :3

I don't have any plot ideas that come to mind quiet yet, but that's just something I wanted to speak up on. I'll post against later when I get some ideas.
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Chaolin112 »

You're right, Nacho, of course :3
i just realised that "no time heroes" might be seen as insulting because you are the one who created those RPs after all. I absolutely didn't intend for it to come across as such D:
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Nah, that's okay. I just didn't want us to be put on spot. Thanks. :3

EDIT:

I has another idea to pitch to the plot. Instead of just trying to get from one island to another, each island (with it's own theme, like stated) also has it's own problem.

Like, say, the first island has some kind of burglar going around stealing stuff? (just an example)
then the second one has another problem and so on and so forth...

That way we have reasons to continue on, and things to do when we get to said next island?

(( I also noticed the sheet, Chaolin, and that's perfectly fine~ :3 ))
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.

Post by Ciao »

I like that, Nacho. Motivation, that's what drives a plot!

I think it would be interesting to... erm, "borrow" an idea from Quartzlcc's RP (The Wrath of Kinto Q) and establish a grading system. What I mean is, when you submit your character sheet, you have to split 15 points between the 5 stats, with a max of 5 points per stat.
For example, let's say we had a chao named Buttface.
Buttface is a chao that is particularly fast and has a lot of stamina, but doesn't excel at much else. His stats would look like this:
Swim: 2 (Grade C)
Run: 5 (Grade S)
Fly: 1 (Grade D)
Power: 2 (Grade C)
Stamina: 5 (Grade S)
That balances Buttface out at 15 points.
This is good for making sure no character is overpowered. If they excel at everything, you've got a problem. Obviously, main villains and such would be allowed to break this rule.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

I actually like that idea, but i think the point could be raised to something like 25. Say a character is REALLY fast, but cant do anything else very well at all.

And though i do like this idea, i'd prefer it if this grade scale for the stats had something to do with the plot. Because otherwise, it could probably restrict a character. Like, if the chao was devoted to exercise for example, what happened to his other stats? I think its a good idea nonetheless.~

EDIT:I have two plot ideas, but both are wip. But, i want to know which one to keep going off of. Do we want to make continuity between this one and another rp, or make it entirely fresh, something new, etc.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Dunno, all of the chao rps are connected in one way or another for us, but it's not always clear how.

Let's just say it's a solo idea for now.
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Hah, the stat thing wasn't exactly my best RP idea, but it could be interesting.

@Keaton ... 25 points ..? 0 1 2 3 4 5 = E D C B A S, like in the actual game.

I would think most of us would want something totally separate rather than having continuity to other role-plays. To be honest, I haven't seen much continuity in the other role-plays either, except for characters.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

i see what you did now with 15. Nah, i just suggested 25 to give you more choices. You could balance everything to a strong(somewhat)point. Or max out something to say 20 and one for each others. But im not sure why you'd assume E is nothing because it still does naturally add stats to a stat...

And ok, i'll go on with a solo story.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Stat max of 15, with E counting as 0, or stat max of 20, with E counting as 1. It makes no difference lol.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

OH i see how you did it now. Nice touch.

Would all of you being ok if Chaos was involved in the plot?(No, not his evil, time collapse incarnation. Since this i assume is stand-alone, he's the gaurdian of chao but i kinda want to put him into the plot.)
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

How about we forget about the stat things? It just makes things more complicated than they need to be, and it's not like we really take the stats into deep consideration anyways...

What I meant by solo story was that it's not obviously placed into the chao history right away, but it's still in the same world and chao history. Chaos would have already been defeated by then... you know?

It's not a solo story, sorry, I misunderstood. :c
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

Ok, sorry i guess i misunderstood. I can quickly fix it then, and i should be able to post what i have here in quite a few actually
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

NachoThePikachu wrote:How about we forget about the stat things? It just makes things more complicated than they need to be, and it's not like we really take the stats into deep consideration anyways...

What I meant by solo story was that it's not obviously placed into the chao history right away, but it's still in the same world and chao history. Chaos would have already been defeated by then... you know?

It's not a solo story, sorry, I misunderstood. :c
Truth be known, I'm not overly fond of the stat idea myself despite coming up with it. I could roll either way. In my eyes, it is good to consider such things, because it helps you flesh out your own character more in your own mind; but it is not overly necessary to actually supply all the stats. Very technical stuff.

Y'all seem mature enough that none of you would ever have the audacity to make a character who was "OMGTEHBEST" at everything anyway.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

i already have a character idea over here (adept at building/ENJINEER), but i'm still thinking about things

like nacho already went over, i prefer using the character i have already developed (one reason being that his personality wouldn't be all over the place like when i first used char), but i've been wanting to make a new character that actually has an active spot in a rp for some time now

i'm not all in for stats either, i just like to play off of the type of the chao

k, thanks for reading, like comment subscribe
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

Almost done but i figure i should go ahead and put it here.
Spoiler:
There is a legend people only talk of now a days...

Long ago lived a kingdom of which many people lived happily. The town prospered as not only a major trade center,but it had another,special thing. Contained in the center of the kingdom rested a large diamond shaped stone. This stone was known as the Gem of the God that contained many untaped powers that are said o be the reason that the people where able to live so peacefully in the kingdom.

However, eventually, a great evil took the stone for himself and used its powers to spread darkness across the land.

The people of the town would gather at
the old stones spot and pray to the gods in hopes that they would send help to stop this evil force. They're prayers were answered and the gods bestowed them a hero, now known as the Hero of the Gods. The Hero of the Gods quickly put an end to this evil and used the powers the gods gave him to seal him away in a seal forged from the power of gods.

The hero then left the kingdom, and was never seen again and the stone returned to its kingdom.

A particular Island has taken hightradition from this legend, and once offspring come of the age the Hero of the Gods was supposedly, they recieve an amulet containing a replica peice of the old stone.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

I like the exotic nature of it, I dislike the mcguffin-centric nature of it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGuffin

But let us wait for Chaolin's word on the matter. =)
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

Yeah, i tend to do that, Guilty. I honestly couldnt find anything better to do as a plot point but eh.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Don't worry, the reason any plot device is overused is because it works rather well.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

I'm liking this idea already.

The Chao Roleplays are getting fixed and it's all thanks to the returning veterans. ( Chaolin112 and Quartz )
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Chaolin112 »

friggin time zones >_<
Heh, well Snowy, we couldn't do it without all of you guys either c:
I did mean this to be a new, solo RP. Maybe in the same chao world / universe but an alternate reality or something. Anyway, gotta run for school so I'll work out some details and things gathered from the things that have been posted and work something out.

Keaton, I like the idea of that plot (sounds kinda Legend of Zelda-like to me) but I think it's a bit overused, to be honest. (the whole 'magical power source, evil steals it, gotta defeat the evil now)

will edit later.
Last edited by Chaolin112 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

SnowyTimeHero wrote:I'm liking this idea already.

The Chao Roleplays are getting fixed and it's all thanks to the returning veterans. ( Chaolin112 and Quartz )
I ... well then, thanks, Snowy. I appreciate you too.
Chaolin112 wrote:Heh, well Snowy, we couldn't do it without all of you guys either c:
^^^^
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by Chaolin112 »

Aight, added some guidelines. This was quartz' idea, my original plan was to make them rules but that would probably be pretty harsh. They fit perfect as guidelines however so I think that's pretty good. What do you guys think? What should I add / remove?
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

Yeah, the idea for villian came from ganon, the stone from the power crystals of crash bandicoot, and the legend from fiction books.

I do want to expand more on the part after the legend though.