Ranks, chao points, rings, the forum shop, and chao dice!

Use this area to post if you need something to do with the forum. Stuff regarding forum discussion will also be here.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Ranks, chao points, rings, the forum shop, and chao dice!

Post by Fusion »

A lot of users have been asking questions about forum ranks, gaining chao points and rings, and about the forum shop. I'm going to go over ranks, chao points, rings and the forum shop - hopefully this will answer everyone's questions.

To the left of every post, you should be able to see the poster's username, rank, avatar, join date, post-count, location, rings and chao points - as in the following image:

Ranks
Underneath your username is your rank image and rank title. These are dependent on your post count - as you post more, the bar will fill up and your title will change at certain points. See this thread for the list of ranks.

This rank does nothing special - it is just an indication of how many posts you have. Spamming to increase your post count is against the rules and will result in punishment.

Special users (such as administrators and moderators) have unique ranks.

Chao points
Alongside each of your posts, as you can see in the image above, is your number of Chao Points. These are points that you can spend in the forum shop.

You can gain Chao Points in the following ways:
  • By posting. You gain one Chao Point for each post you make — but you can only earn up to twenty-five each day!
  • By receiving them as donations from other users. By participating in (and winning) user events, for example.
  • By being awarded them by moderators for excellent behaviour, reporting many rule-breaking posts, etc.
You can lose Chao Points in the following ways:
  • By spending them in the forum shop.
  • By giving them as donations to other users (see below).
  • By having them removed by moderators as punishment for breaking the rules.
To donate your Chao Points to another user, click the [Donate] button alongside one of his/her posts. You can then decide how many to donate, and also send that user a message if you wish.

You can view and manage your Chao Points from the User Control Panel.

Shop & Items
You can access the shop via the link at the top of the forums. If you have enough Chao Points, you can purchase items from the shop as long as they are in stock. If the item you want is out of stock, then you will have to wait until we manually restock it; alternatively, you may wish to try purchasing the item from another member if they have any listed for sale.

You can view and manage your items from the User Control Panel. You can also list any of your items for sale to other users, sell them back to the forum shop, or just throw them away.

There may be a use for the items in the future, but currently, these items are just for show and for collecting.

Rings
Please note that this is currently disabled while Mooncow and Fusion restore them from the site switch-over.
Alongside each of your posts, as you can see in the image above, is your number of rings. You earn a ring when you post - but you can only gain one ring each day. These are essentially an indicator of activity, as you have to post each and every day to collect a large amount of them.

Chao dice
Please note that this is currently disabled while Mooncow and Fusion restore them from the site switch-over.
This is a game where you can gamble chao points - maybe you'll win it big, or maybe you'll lose everything. Make sure you're aware that you're risking losing your points - it's a game of luck.

The steps/rules of the game are (somewhat) simple - as follows:
  1. You choose a number of your chao points to bet.
  2. Four dice will be rolled. Cross your fingers and hope you get lucky!
    • If all the dice show different symbols, or you have only matched one pair - then unfortunately you have lost. The chao points that you bet will be removed. Gambling can be bad for you!
    • If you have matched two pairs of dice then you haven't lost, but you haven't won either. The chao points that you bet will be returned to you.
    • If three of the dice show identical symbols then you have won! The chao points that you bet will be multiplied by three and given back to you!
    • If all four of the dice show the same symbol then you have won! The chao points that you bet will be multiplied by four and given back to you! Congratulations on getting a perfect four!
    • If you get a perfect four (see above) and the symbol on the dice is the 'chao bonus' one, then your chao points will be multiplied again by two!
    • If you get a perfect four (see above) and the symbol on the dice is the 'chaos chao bonus' one, then your chao points will be multiplied again by four!
You can access the dice game via the Chao Dice link at the top of each forum page.
Last edited by Fusion on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

I heard a user from the old forum say something bout a name glow.
I hope that comes back it seems cool!
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

A name glow? That would be cool. :herosway:
SonicChao4Life
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by SonicChao4Life »

Cool, a Chao Shop! =P

Not into the fire pit!
Mephiles
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Mephiles »

uh heres a question for mooncow/fusion

what is the animal shop for :thinking:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

I have updated the forum shop information and added information about the 'Chao Dice' game.
Mephiles wrote:what is the animal shop for
It is a new shop category that will contain animals. There just aren't any items available in it yet - check back later!
lightgoldchaoschao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by lightgoldchaoschao »

thank you
Kosen
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Kosen »

I hope the rings system works again soon... I have not gotten a single ring in .... Forever. :P
I noticed it because it said I only have five rings, even though I've been here for so long! I dun care, though, I do not know what there used for anyways. XD

Also, what exactly are the items in the shops and what do they do? I have never seen any so I'm curious.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Kosen wrote:Also, what exactly are the items in the shops and what do they do? I have never seen any so I'm curious.
They're just items to own. They don't actually do anything - you can just collect them.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

I have updated my original post. The rings and chao points system has been fixed (as far as we can tell) and thus the appropriate sections have been modified. New items have also been added to the forum shop.
21animals
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by 21animals »

Just one question... why do you have fierce deity link as your picture if this is a Sonic dealie... i should know... im a BIIIIIIIG Zelda fan???? :thinking:
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Because he's awesome and it looks cool. It was my avatar on the old Chao Island forums several years ago, and it stuck. But please do not go off-topic - PM me next time.
shadow123456789
Egg
Egg

Post by shadow123456789 »

:darkhappy: thx, this realy helped me.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

The shop now restocks certain items daily, i will add these to the first post.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

Post by Chaolin112 »

Mooncow wrote:The shop now restocks certain items daily, i will add these to the first post.
There's a question:
Where is the Chao Shop?!?

:thinking: :thinking:

Chaolin is the master in caring for Chao!
Sashasimba1234
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Chao

Post by Sashasimba1234 »

Great shop
GOOD WEBSIte :darkcool:
Kosen
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Kosen »

Hey, I just noticed that the ring system is working for me again. I am getting rings daily! :D
redpan
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by redpan »

when is it going to be?
Devil Fear
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Devil Fear »

whens what???
chaoguydx
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by chaoguydx »

Question:

When will the Chao Dice game be open?

Please Join, we are so close to 2000 members.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307 ... spring.jpg
^Ultra Epic Awesome^
Thanks ChaoIsland.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Chaolin112 wrote:Where is the Chao Shop?!?
There is a 'Shops' link at the top of each forum page - or just click here.
chaoguydx wrote:When will the Chao Dice game be open?
When we get time to look into the reported glitch.
person
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by person »

Fusion wrote:
Kosen wrote:Also, what exactly are the items in the shops and what do they do? I have never seen any so I'm curious.
They're just items to own. They don't actually do anything - you can just collect them.
So they`re completely useless in everyway? Because that`s what it sounds like to me :thinking:
:chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy: :chaohappy:
Chacron
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Chacron »

If you buy the dreamcast or gamecube, what's it do?
Chaolin112 wrote:
Mooncow wrote:The shop now restocks certain items daily, i will add these to the first post.
There's a question:
Where is the Chao Shop?!?

:thinking: :thinking:

Chaolin is the master in caring for Chao!
At the top of the screen where it says Shops.

[mod]Please don't double-post. Next time, use the [Edit] button to edit your last post. I've merged these two posts for you. Thank you for understanding.

-Blade[/mod]

Name: Blue Streak
Adopt One Yourself Here viewtopic.php?t=3963
hannah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by hannah »

i dont know what chao dice is it never comes on! :herosuprise: :herocry: :suprise: :chaocry: :darksuprise: :darkcry:
mantamanta26
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by mantamanta26 »

Ya I just got on here so thanks for the information! :chaohappy: