New users bumping old topics...

Use this area to post if you need something to do with the forum. Stuff regarding forum discussion will also be here.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

New users bumping old topics...

Post by eblu »

...has kind of become a problem lately.

I know it's not much to worry about, but it really gets on my nerves seeing the recent influx of newbies on Chao Island.

It's not cool to see an Omochao topic bumped 5 times in a row just because a few new users decided to join.

Sorry if I wasted my time, just venting here.
MarkeySpirit
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: It's not ogre, it's never ogre

Re: New users bumping old topics...

Post by MarkeySpirit »

I'd like to apologize if I've done that. (and I'm certain I have) I'm really sorry, and next time I'll look at the last date before I bump something.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

considering that it's rule breaking, i think that bringing it to light is fine
protip: never respond to a thread that's past the first page
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

MarkeySpirit, there is nothing to be sorry about.

While bumping old topics is a problem, any report for bumping I have reviewed, and not removed the offending, unnecessary post, has not been a fully disruptive bump. In such a relatively inactive board as General Sonic Stuff, there are things on the first page that are a year old. While those are bumps, they don't disrupt the board, and it is not really an offense.

If your other complaint in this post is "OMG too many new people!" then that is an unfair, unkind, unreasonable complaint.
Bumping may be something commonly done by newer users, but I have hardly seen it be a problem. Not all bumps are a bad thing, and if several people are talking about an opinion of Omochao even still, why stop it? Just because "all the cool and hip old users" don't want to talk about it?

Also, reports on bumps have occasionally been excessive. There was once a report of a bump on a reply to a stickied thread. That is really countering the point of the thread being stickied.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Last time I checked bumping old question topics like Do you hate omochao or whatever is fine?
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

i understand the fact that bumping old topics is ok if you're contributing something helpful to the conversation, but the constant posts months apart by users who joined the same day just got on my nerves
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

Come on Eboy we all Bumbed old topics when just registred i did same, then got message from old member and he said that i need to click ,,New topics" to see new , its kinda normal and I dont see nothing offensive here :omochao:
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies