Searching for specific named topics

Use this area to post if you need something to do with the forum. Stuff regarding forum discussion will also be here.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Searching for specific named topics

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

Although this maybe already an answered question, I am unable to tell. That's why I made this post.
How exactly do I search for a specific topic with a specific name through Quick Search?
It would help me stop double posting, which this post is probably a double post as well.
:herocry:
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Searching for specific named topics

Post by Mamkute »

Don't worry too much about double posted topics- if you can't see a topic easily, as in it is buried more than a page into a board, then it is reasonable to post it again.
Most users here are probably more okay with making a repeat topic (assuming the original topic is really old) than an extreme bump of an old topic.

To search, go to Quick Links on the upper left of a page, then go to search. You can search for specific authors or keywords, although the search function doesn't easily get similar results- it is pretty demanding of being precise.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

I know that most users won't go 5 pages in, but I have rarely double-posted about old topics and I still get hate PM's about my topics. Any way I could resolve this?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

If you are getting hate PM's than you should report the PM, using the exclamation point button on the upper right of the message, so that a mod can take care of it.

And if that is the case, I am really disappointed in whoever would do that.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Thanks for the solution.
I just didn't want to report then get told I'm doing non-sense.