Do how many use this forums anymore?

Use this area to post if you need something to do with the forum. Stuff regarding forum discussion will also be here.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
jad1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Do how many use this forums anymore?

Post by jad1 »

Now I know im so late to find this place
More people were active in around like 2012
But how many people still wonder around chao island forum?
I don't think a lot something like 15
But why is it so dead?
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Re: Do how many use this forums anymore?

Post by krzys2 »

Come here to lurk occasionally, of course there are not many of us, some come and go. Some like to stick around for a bit, some just grow up and forget about the forum. But still, its one of the best forums I have been to
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
jad1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by jad1 »

krzys2 wrote:Come here to lurk occasionally, of course there are not many of us, some come and go. Some like to stick around for a bit, some just grow up and forget about the forum. But still, its one of the best forums I have been to
Well I hope if sega releases a new sonic game that has chao gardens in it this forums will get some new forumers
It's just sad to see that people put a lot of effort into this and barely anyone uses it
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

From what I can passively gather, there's roughly 20 us right now, and most of us kind of just cycle in and out with each other.

As for why, there's multiple reasons:

1: There hasn't been a new game with an actual Chao Garden of any sort since Sega Superstars (2004), and it's been 5 years since Sega re-released SA2 (which did add more people, myself included).

2: All of the people who were here when I believe the Sonic Adventure games got the most... let's say, "talk" (1998 - 2008-ish), are much older at this point.
From what I can gather, many careers and college are time-consuming, and they simply just don't get the time to play chao much anymore (and most likely many other games).

3: This website both doubles as the best chao info database and a forum. Meaning, many people (like me, until about 5 years ago) just used the database function, and nothing more.
You can find many people littered about who really enjoy chao, but don't use these forums. Tons can simply use the main site and never show up on the forums. There's similar cases with other games.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

People left beccause social media sites became huge and forums like this one where a bunch of people with differing opinions fell out of favor of sites like twitter and tumblr, where you can craft your social experience around what you like and your opinions on subjects, doing away with (most) arguments and heated discussions

That being said the chao side and the forum side of the forum are completely separate and there are at least 3 or 4 users i see regularly in the chao section of the forum helping other users, crazo is really the only one i noticed who still uses both sides of the forum frequently (and by that i mean he does more than just explain basic stuff on the chao section)
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa