Found a typo on the site? Post it here.

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Pinkolol16
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Found a typo on the site? Post it here.

Post by Pinkolol16 »

Typo.

On the SA2:B caring page...

"This way, the Chao can get used to seeing those two character all the time,"

Isn't it characters?

Link: http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/caring
Chao are still epic. It's like this thing is following a timeline, lul.
So what's up lul.
Pinkolol16
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Pinkolol16 »

OMG I'm like the detective for mistakes here. I wonder if anything I (and others) find will actually get fixed.

Anyway, on the main sites "SA:DX" section, some sections can get pretty obvious they were cut/pasted from the SA2:B pages, which gets off putting when things in that game don't happen in SA:DX. I'm also talking about the GC version by the way.

The Caring page:

"On the other hand, if you are very mean to a Chao (either on purpose or by accident), then it will start to despise the character that you used. It is recommended to choose a single Hero character and Dark character to raise your Chao with. This way, the Chao can get used to seeing those two character all the time, making them always feel happy around them. "

In Sonic Adventure DX, alignments do not exist outside of the fruits. This is because the original Sonic Adventure only had Neutral alignments for evolution. When SA2 came along, alignments were introduced. However, they loved the new feature they had of transferring, and realised they needed alignments if SA2:B alignment Chao were transferred over, so they put Hero/Dark Fruit in the shop for this. Alignments do not happen in characters because that didn't exist until SA2, and SA:DX is a port of SA1. Therefore, this statement is completely false.

And the Actions page, oh where do I begin?

"If your Chao likes your character and is nearby, it may bow and say something that sounds like "Hiiiiii~". "

Chao in SA:DX never make noises. They never bow in this way either.

"Your Chao may start bouncing towards your character, and when it reaches the character it will start to rub against them (similar to a cat in real life). The Chao will continue to do this until you pet it, pick it up, feed it, or hit it. If you do not do anything, then it will stop after a while and start to excitedly grin and hop from foot to foot while giggling and waving its arms. "

I have alot of Chao that like me in SA:DX. They never do this.

"If your Chao likes your character a lot (bond > 50), then when you whistle it will run towards the character with an exclamation mark sign above its head. Once it reaches the character, it will do as above. "

Chao never "rub" in SA:DX, even after whistling. End of story.

"It may also move its arm out like it is giving a thumbs up."

I have never seen any Chao in SA:DX do this at all.

"If your Chao severely dislikes your character and is near it, it may hiss and stick its tongue out at the character with a "Baaahh" sound."

I have abused Chao before, none of them have spat their tongues out. Also, like mentioned above, Chao never make as many noises in SA:DX as in SA2:B. That includes "Baaahh"

"If the Chao has been attacked or thrown, it may stand and shiver to show it has been abused; it will also make a "brr" shiver sound as if it is cold. It may also become dizzy and sway its head with spiral eyes."

Chao never make brr sounds, even if they are shivering, which I have seen abused Chao do in SA:DX. But I have never seen a Chao with spiral eyes in the game swaying. Never.

"If you take food away from a Chao while it is eating, it may start to cry."

Never seen ever.

"A very hungry Chao will walk over to food that is on the ground already and start to eat it, even if it is another Chao's leftovers. It may also become dizzy and sway with spiral eyes."

This action does not exist in this game. I would have seen this by now, as I have a few very hungry Chao. They have eaten leftovers without going "spiral-eyed"

Links: http://chao.hippotank.com/sadx/actions
http://chao.hippotank.com/sadx/caring

Instead of copypasting, how about watching the game? I've had it for nearly an entire year, and I've played with alot of SA:DX-born Chao. I will say right now, the stuff I've mentioned DO NOT HAPPEN. So how about fixing them? Sorry for long post, too :cry:
So what's up lul.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Mamkute wrote:I know this site used to have nicknames for all chao forms, but with the erradication of most, it confuses me, I do not know what a "Dragon Chao" is. This problem exists in many different second evolutions, and I may not point out them all.
Majority of these have been found and corrected thanks.
AmyRose164 wrote:Wow. Crappy grammar from you.
It was a quote from the discoverer of the MTN Chao. But i've noticed this hasn't been documented anywhere anymore so i'll re-add this, thanks.
TheMayorOfChaopolis wrote:I know this is for typos, but I don't see why this can't also be a sticky for pointing out broken images, and glitches.
For starters, some of the images on this page are broken.
http://chao.hippotank.com/sa/races
These haven't been added but I shall add them to the to do list
Mel Mel wrote:Sattelite should be satellite.
Grroms should be grooms.
Fixed thanks!
Citrus_Chao wrote:where it says "located here", if you click on the link it sends you to the exact same page!
Working on this page now!
Citrus_Chao wrote:"Right" should be "ring".
ShadriaFan wrote:Chao, not CHao. The 'H' needs to be lower case.
I also found
Ane? You mean 'and'?
Fixed!
Pinkolol16 wrote:Chao first learn to walk when they reach 50 run points. I've tested this out on every Chao I know. It even says this on the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle stats page as well...
Will change this now, it's 20 on the DC versions.
Pinkolol16 wrote:Big can get in there too. How do you think he gets one of his lure upgrades otherwise? He can collect this egg too.
Aren't Shiny Mono-tone Eggs obtainable without hacking too? Because we can all buy them in the Black Market as well as Mono-tones that aren't Shiny.
Changed
Pinkolol16 wrote:On the SA2:B caring page...
Isn't it characters?
Fixed!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Pinkolol16
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Pinkolol16 »

... nice :) but what about my lengthy post about SA:DX/SA2:B features? :thinking: I didn't make that post for nothing....
So what's up lul.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

It's being looked at and the relevant parts updated, thanks! :herocool:
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

http://chao.hippotank.com/fan-media
Have you created any Chao-related media? If so, perhaps you would like to post it in our Artwork and Stories community forum.
Kind of obvious, but the page is pretty much outdated itself anyway.
Pinkolol16
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Pinkolol16 »

Mooncow wrote:
Pinkolol16 wrote:Chao first learn to walk when they reach 50 run points. I've tested this out on every Chao I know. It even says this on the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle stats page as well...
Will change this now, it's 20 on the DC versions.
Pinkolol16 wrote:Big can get in there too. How do you think he gets one of his lure upgrades otherwise? He can collect this egg too.
Aren't Shiny Mono-tone Eggs obtainable without hacking too? Because we can all buy them in the Black Market as well as Mono-tones that aren't Shiny.
Changed
Mooncow wrote:It's being looked at and the relevant parts updated, thanks! :herocool:
It may be me being impatient, or a bit hardy, but these sections haven't been fixed yet. Why?
So what's up lul.
supersonic7
Egg
Egg

Post by supersonic7 »

Well,this isn't much but at home in Sonic Adventure 2,it only says its for Dreamcast,whereas in reality its now relesed for Microsoft Windows,Xbox 360 and PS3 :wink:
Pinkolol16
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Pinkolol16 »

Pinkolol16 wrote:
And the Actions page, oh where do I begin?

"If your Chao likes your character and is nearby, it may bow and say something that sounds like "Hiiiiii~". "

Chao in SA:DX never make noises. They never bow in this way either.

"It may also move its arm out like it is giving a thumbs up."

I have never seen any Chao in SA:DX do this at all.
Ok, what I said in the post is actually true, for SA:DX-born Chao. It is true I have never seen any Chao hatched in Sonic Adventure DX (GC version btw) do any of the actions I mentioned in this post. But I transferred 3 Monotones today, SA2:B-born, and they all did these actions I bolded.

Yilly - A Dark/Swim MT Yellow
Parta - A Hero/Swim MT Pink
Pulli - A Hero/Swim MT Purple

Yilly, as soon as he came out of the Chao Transporter, in SA:DX, he bowed. He didn't say "Hiiiii", but he definitely bowed.
Parta, after taking 3 steps did a thumbs up action when I passed her.
Pulli did these things too.

Ok, so, these actions can remain, but shouldn't there be some sort of pointer saying something along the lines of "(If the Chao is from Sonic Adventure 2:Battle)?" Because these actions don't exist in SA:DX Chao (I will definitely say that for sure) but SA2:B Chao do, if they're transferred over. So maybe not removing, but clarifying SA2:B actions exist in the Chao that hatch in that game only can perform them.

I also stand by my Alignment deal in that post.
So what's up lul.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

2001-2012 needs to be changed to 2001-2013. Isn't there a way to just increment the number every year automatically? It shouldn't be that hard.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

It's been 5 months, and still this hasn't been fixed. :I
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

http://chao.hippotank.com/gallery/known-chao

The Chao Gallery links here, but nothing's here.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Content 2001-2012 Chao Island
Date: 11th of June 2013
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

On the main page of the website the platform list under SA2B's button doesn't take into account SA2HD's platforms.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

The Jewel Chao page under Sonic Adventure 2 is broken. The entire page is missing.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

Pinkolol16 wrote: But I have never seen a Chao with spiral eyes in the game swaying. Never.
Actually, I had SADX as a small child, and all I did was abuse my Chao. I remember quite vividly Tutti (or was it Fruity?), one of my monotone oranges, making this after being thrown against the invisible wall in the Mystic Ruins Garden. I also have vague memories of other Chao doing it all the time. I tried to fix it by force-feeding them. I was a dumb kid.

But I have noticed an error on the SA2B Actions page:
"If your Chao is bored, it might spot a tree with an exclamation mark over its head, walk up to it, and hug it, while making a sound like 'Ah!'. It is suggested that the Chao is just showing the tree love so it stays alive for a little longer (if it is a planted tree), but this is unconfirmed."
This action is something I see only from Chao who don't have the watering can. The "Ah!" sound is identical to the sound that they make when they water a tree. I think that it's the action they make instead, kind of like how a Chao will begin to play an instrument if it knows one but will only listen if it doesn't. Also, they don't hug the tree, at least from what I've seen.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
Pinkolol16
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Pinkolol16 »

I've abused Chao myself and it's never shown the swaying eyes. All it has been is the shivering with no brr sound, as it suggests:

"If the Chao has been attacked or thrown, it may stand and shiver to show it has been abused; it will also make a "brr" shiver sound as if it is cold. It may also become dizzy and sway its head with spiral eyes."

Chao in SA:DX never make noises, not even if they're SA2:B born. Plus I've abused them and they've had strange eating patterns so leftovers are left (4-5 Chao that are full, the rest suffer) and they've never gained swirly eyes. I know what it looks like in SA2:B, but I've never seen it in SA:DX.

I'm just going to assume my post about the alignment in SA:DX not being there was ignored.
I quote myself above.
Pinkolol16 wrote:"On the other hand, if you are very mean to a Chao (either on purpose or by accident), then it will start to despise the character that you used. It is recommended to choose a single Hero character and Dark character to raise your Chao with. This way, the Chao can get used to seeing those two character all the time, making them always feel happy around them. "

In Sonic Adventure DX, alignments do not exist outside of the fruits. This is because the original Sonic Adventure only had Neutral alignments for evolution. When SA2 came along, alignments were introduced. However, they loved the new feature they had of transferring, and realised they needed alignments if SA2:B alignment Chao were transferred over, so they put Hero/Dark Fruit in the shop for this. Alignments do not happen in characters because that didn't exist until SA2, and SA:DX is a port of SA1. Therefore, this statement is completely false.
I also stand by the noise argument.
So what's up lul.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

Oh, I wasn't arguing. I'm sorry if I sounded argumentative. But I do remember the spiral eyes, at least in the earlier US versions. Why it wouldn't be present makes no sense, but neither does Metal Harbor's phoenix, so maybe it's a different version? It is an uncommon animation, soo... Can you detail your research? My Chao were constantly abused by a first/second grader and a toddler (and saved! Poor things) over a long period of time. I only stopped (and got SA2B) when a childhood friend told me what really happened when one of them "turned invisible." Hehe. But if you didn't stay long, then it's possible that it didn't happen.

But as for the sound thing, yes, the only sounds they make are when eating or singing.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Chao Type Charts Typo

Post by Rufflikerex »

In all the Chao type sections such as http://chao.hippotank.com/gallery/swim, there's a mistake in all the Mono-tone charts where the chart would list "Two-tone" instead of "Mono-tone".
-Random Internet Person.
Giara
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Giara »

in http://chao.hippotank.com/sadx/caring it says that your chao would draw a picture of their favourite chao if you give them a Skunk and it should be a Deer instead because skunk farts and deer draws
sorry if my english sucks :herocry:
Bumbaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Bumbaga »

I think it is the best idea for now
Woahsmea
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Everyone wants a Chaos Chao, whilie I want a Sonic Chao

Post by Woahsmea »

On the last note at https://chao-island.com/gallery/known-chao/ it says: "Some colours are different between Dreamcast and Modern versions. TODO"
I don't think that TODO is supposed to be there.
dam I joined like 3 years ago lol
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

I don't know if this is supposed to be something else or it is a typo, but I thought I'd share it just in-case.

In the Info Center, and in the page titled "Colours" (under the advanced tab), there are a number of pictures with captions underneath them detailing the Chao in said pictures. However, the image under "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle [Modern]" has a picture of a Chao and the caption reads "Left: XXX / Right XXX". I don't think it's supposed to say this, as there's only one Chao in the picture, and the XXX leads me to be believe it's supposed to be placeholder text for something else.

Here's an image, just in-case...

DoubleBlackDiamond
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I like mints

Post by DoubleBlackDiamond »

On the Tiny Chao Garden page, there's a section about Sonic Pinball ''Pary.'' I don't mean to criticize, I just wanna help. :surprise: :no: :chao:
Roaxes
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

DoubleBlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:17 pm On the Tiny Chao Garden page, there's a section about Sonic Pinball ''Pary.'' I don't mean to criticize, I just wanna help. :surprise: :no: :chao:
Has been reported, thank you!
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog