Horrible quality pics

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Horrible quality pics

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

The picture quality in the ci gallery is very poor. They are usually stretched, have washed out colors, or the chao are in a position were its hard to see detail. It also fades near the bottom so you can't see the lower portion of the chao very well. Can someone please fix this? Or is there a techinical reason causing the problem?

Edit: for some reason two toned normal chaos chaos do not have any of these problems.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Horrible quality pics

Post by Crash32 »

They're kinda stretched, but they fit the purpose fine.
You'd be welcome to take your own screenshots
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

I can not screen shot but the pics here look very different from what they actually look like and just look ugly over all.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

As a whole the pictures on the site were either provided by administration in general, or supplied by users on their own volition. I, and I think most other users, feel the pictures do their job well, and because of such a feeling, there is little effort to make better pictures.

Also, your phrasing seems offensive to those that put in a lot of time and effort to take these pictures, which, whether or not you are fully content with, still do a good job of conveying what chao look like, which is their primary job.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Mamkute wrote:As a whole the pictures on the site were either provided by administration in general, or supplied by users on their own volition. I, and I think most other users, feel the pictures do their job well, and because of such a feeling, there is little effort to make better pictures.

Also, your phrasing seems offensive to those that put in a lot of time and effort to take these pictures, which, whether or not you are fully content with, still do a good job of conveying what chao look like, which is their primary job.
I mean no offense. I would upload pics my self if I new how.
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I like making friends :3

Post by Rinku »

I have been thinking about this for a while, back in the day these pictures were a godsend and I used them everyday. However now there are so many more chao then anyone can document apparently lol. I would be more then happy to take pictures of every type of chao in the SA2B (Steam) version using fusions chao editor. The thing is I'm not sure if admins would want to put my pictures on their site or how they would organize it. I could potentially cover every extra texture and bright chao, there will be a bit that's not worth doing such as all evolutions for some random transparent texture out of hundreds... but I believe I could make a lot of ground taking pictures all day. So yea just let me know your thoughts. (could also include a simple set of normal extreme evolution pictures at different points and maybe a solid non transparent chao so you can actually see the extreme evolution)
Rinku's personal Discord - http://rinkutalks.pro/image/dcover.png
🔥 Twitch Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/rinkutalks (◡‿◡✿)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Twitter - https://twitter.com/RinkuTalks
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Rinku wrote:The thing is I'm not sure if admins would want to put my pictures on their site or how they would organize it.
I think the best course of action for people who want to help out and get good quality pictures on the site is to send a few sample images over to me. If i like the quality (or need adjustments) we can work on it before doing the rest! Likewise if I don't think they are suitable I can say - worst thing would be to spend days taking pictures and then find out that they don't fit what I think is "good".
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Mamkute wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:19 am As a whole the pictures on the site were either provided by administration in general, or supplied by users on their own volition. I, and I think most other users, feel the pictures do their job well, and because of such a feeling, there is little effort to make better pictures.

Honestly I don't really think alot of these images are doing a good job of conveying what the chao looks like. A good example for this are the dark normal secondary evolutions. There are images that are taken head on that don't allow you to see the full shape of the back of the chao's head which is the main feature that changes depending on evolution. I also find the colors very hard to see in especially the lower parts of these images. To see what I mean compare the normal two toned colored chaos chao images to the other two toned chaos chao images. The quality for the other two toned colors is much worse. I just want to have decent image quality and to actually see the parts of the chao that identify its evolution without having to go on PC with the fusion chao editor. It really doesn't seem like that hard of a fix. I could probably get most of the images in just a few hours minus the backdrops and watermarks.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Hi, welcome back!

As Mamkute said, many of these pictures are user submitted - a lot are excellent in my opinion, and a lot could be better. But overall, they do a good job of showing what a Chao looks like at that stage.
Please also remember that these images have been around a long time - the resolution is small by todays standard, but they still do a good job. At present we have 2225 images, so if you want to improve some or all of these images I will be happy to accept assistance.

If higher quality and angles are what you are after, have you tried the 3D Chao Viewer? After all, this is the very reason it is on the site.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.