Should I take some Shiny Chao pictures for the gallery?

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Should I take some Shiny Chao pictures for the gallery?

Post by Chao Professor »

I was browsing the gallery looking for what a specific shiny chao looks like, and I noticed there is no shiny option! I was wondering, if others also want this in the gallery, I could take some shiny snaps! Anyone is free to work on this with me, as I don't have every shiny chao type. I would put the effort in if more people thought it was a good idea. :thinking:
Image It's still thinking...
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Should I take some Shiny Chao pictures for the gallery?

Post by Crash32 »

This is something that comes up often; the odds of actually getting it included in the gallery is very low. You're certainly welcome to try, but there's a good chance it won't be included.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Crash, I wouldn't say the reason there isn't a shiny portion of the gallery isn't that the odds of including it are too low, but rather, there hasn't been a fully completed gallery.

Chao Professor, I would say go for it, if you really want to. It will probably take a lot of time, and unfortunately, I can't help with it. several others have discussed making such contributions to the gallery, as Crash mentioned. The proposed galleries have never really been followed through with, due to not providing a large number of pictures.

If you do make the pictures, of sufficient quality and such, I will be very supportive of getting them onto the site, and I will wish you the best of luck.
I would recommend not focusing on second evolutions until the first evolutions are all done.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

To my memory, we don't see gallery submissions added because there is a particular expectation, or existing plans for someone to provide the pictures. But it is always useful to crate them, even if they don't become added to the website. For example, on my Quincy3077 photobucket, I still have the original uploads for the photos that are used in the existing gallery, but also unused photos like my collection of Mint Chao photos. I also have a complete gallery of newborn Chao.

Personally, how much we have learned about Chao makes it hard to make a complete gallery, let alone one that will ever look consistent. The current one only focuses on First Evolution, but to have a complete gallery we would need photos of all the newborn breeds, how each breed looks before it first evolves, how each breed looks after first evolution, and then the nine second evolutions, then the Chaos Chao evolutions. That's sixty-three (63) appearances for each breed, and there are around eighty (80) breeds per game, not to mention the differences in Shiny Jewel Chao and Shiny Two-Tone Chao depending on your game. That's over five thousand (5000) pictures, assuming we don't reuse photos where appropriate. Even if my math is off, it's a taxing project, even if taken a bit at a time.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Following my post here, and also after talking to Crazo, I will be looking into a simpler way for users to add photos to the chao gallery.

As with the post linked, for now if you send some sample images I can see how they will fit on the main page!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Professor Cro
Egg
Egg

Post by Professor Cro »

I really think this should be a thing. If we can add shiny chao's in the list we could be pushing for more of a full list. I'd root for this idea!
If you have any questions about Pokemon ask me at tjfortin@live.ca. I've played pokemon for 14 years so I know a lot about it.