Things you want to see in CI 2.0!

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Things you want to see in CI 2.0!

Post by Drouge »

You posting that reminds me that I still don't have a moderator doll.

Which also reminds me that if there's new items in the shop, there should be either doll heads or headless dolls for former moderators to match the whole dolls for current ones.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

I'm wondering why this isn't in the suggestions forum (moving it now) - but yes a lot of these features are in the works.

Rep/Thanks system as well as Chao Points and Shop is a delicate area that I need to make sure is implemented properly, while also retaining existing features. But it is something I want to include.

Avatar, signatures, embedded picture limits, etc will all be reviewed. Allowing attachments is a possibility I haven't decided on.

Forums may be merged/split depending on activity and popularity. I'm tempted to replace chat with a shoutbox until the forum returns in size. More to come...
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

^

This was more of a forum game than actual suggestions (guess what would be in CI and win the prize of being right), but looking back I can see why this SHOULD be a suggestions. My bad.

Good to see you took notice though.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

You're still free to give prizes even though the topic was moved for visibility :wink:
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

I dunno if I've stated this already in this thread, but I said it before a few years back, and I'll say it again. The only thing I dislike about the new CI theme is that avatars and info are on the right side of posts instead of on the left. I can't stress enough how I'd really like there to be an option to choose which side it's facing. If or when the classic themes return, I'd really like the old headers to come back as well. The modern header clashes with the classic themes, especially hero and dark.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

Is this a catch-all CI 2.0 suggestions topic now? Okay cool

So, I too wanted a Thanks system, but after thinking about it, it wouldn't do much, since it would only be relevant in certain topics and not in others. For example, stuff in Help and Information and Chao Help & Support. Or resources like guides. Reputation isn't really something we need since you can guess how popular a user is by their Rank/Post Count, Join Date, and how often they post.

Attachments, we really don't need them. Attachments look ugly anyway compared to the img tag, which has a much more seamless look. Here's what an attachment would have looked like on old CI (it's from a site that uses phpBB as well):
It looks like a quote or spoiler and it breaks the flow of the post. Compare and contrast with... any art or image-filled topic, really. Especially since you don't have a prominent image size limit looming over you and you don't have to manually resize images just so you can post them. (It's great tbh, thanks a bunch)

Forum-specific moderators might be nice. Like people that are strong with one subject, like Chao or writing, but can't handle a mess in, say, Forum Games & Chat. Basically like the Chao Expert Team but for different subjects.

Artwork and Movies - when's the last time someone posted an animation here? I suggest we change it to just "Artwork" or "Art". Especially since its description includes "artwork, comics, movies, and related media". Not only should the description explicitly mention music / sound / voice acting as well (if not I do think it needs its own forum), but lumping everything together is kind of messy - perhaps a subforum or two would tidy things up? Look at these examples of "art" sections:
Everything has its place. Maybe I'm just a little too into organizing, but I think it's a lot neater than what we have now.

A locked archive of old topics. This could be a counter to all the bumped topics lately, while still preserving them. But how far back would we go? The bottom of the first page of GD is Summer 2015. So maybe everything before January 2015?

And lastly, this is just me being nitpicky but... changing the font back to Verdana and moving the profiles back to the left side, or at least an option to do so in the UCP would be nice. :wink:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Wouldn't we be attaching other things than pictures?

Right, so let me get this straight. You want to remove the "Movies" part from "Artwork and Movies" while I still exist working on my 100% ULTRA hyped animated chao related project?
NOWAYICAN'TBELIEVETHIS

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I'd say being able to share files with other members without the need for external hosting would outweigh the trivial amount of clutter it would add.

If you share enough original stuff to justify having your own hosting, the lack of attachments probably doesn't bother you, but with how rarely I have something to share, simply being able to attach it to my post would be orders of magnitude more convenient than trying to trackdown a usable service that would host the file long enough to share with other Chao Islanders.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

+ i wanna see gender options come back. an optional pronouns thingy should be nice as well.

+ i also like the idea of reputation (as thing you can only do once per user, but you can change at anytime) and "thanking" posts.

+ and of course, the option to switch what side the avatars appear on the screen ;w;
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...