Chao Trading Center

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Chao Trading Center

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

I'd like to see a chao trading center on the site. A place where users could uploading their chao (via Fusions chao editor) download chao, and trade chao. It's kinda like how the Chao Daycare was suppose to be on the official Sonic Adventure 2 site. It's also how the unused Chao Playground was suppose to be as well. This could be a big thing in the chao community and very useful. This could also be just the start, if modders like myself can somehow bring back the unused playground; we could change some of the coding around to link the players to the Chao Island Trading Center instead of the dead Sonic Adventure 2 official site. That's all i have to say, it could be a great feature to the site.

Chao Playground

(Screenshot by DarkyBenji)

Chao Daycare

chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Chao Trading Center

Post by chaoadventures »

DANG IT.

Man, I came up with this idea about a month ago, except it involved another program that served as an interface for it.

I was gonna try to learn to program it, but you posted the golden idea before I even started.

Oh well. I can still make a cartoon. But that's all unimportant right now.
What's important, is the fact that this is a great FANTASTIC idea

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

lol, sorry man. Glad you like the idea, when I first heard about the unused chao playground and text I was MAAAD!! I've typed out all the unused Chao Kindergarten text, there's actually a lot. You can tell some was meant for the Chao Playground and the Chao Library. Take a look!
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

I think this is a cute idea! Although technically (with the help of Fusion's chao editor) anyone can make any kind of chao, it takes a certain amount of creativity to actually come up with a specific type of chao and implement it. It would also be interesting to see how chao translate to different games (SADX/SA2B).

Also I feel like it could add some more functionality back into the website - say, someone really wants a specific type of chao (e.g. a moon chao) they could easily go onto the chao playground and download it easily without having to mess with Fusion's chao editor to make it themselves. We could include download links in the specific evolution pages/jewel chao pages too!

Anyway I'm rambling, but I like this a lot. (it's like a chao gts!)
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Actually a very good idea. A very very good idea!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.