General Discussion: Politics & Controversy Subforum

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Re: General Discussion: Politics & Controversy Subforum

Post by CasualCollision »

Mooncow wrote:
Twiddle. wrote:Make a Controversial Topics subforum so Triert can make all the political and unpopular opinion topics he wants in there, and people can argue with each other, and no one has to look in there if they don't want to.
To be quite honest, i think those threads turn a lot of people away from general discussion, so I think that this suggestion is actually very, very good.

I would like to see what other members think of this. There's a fine line between making a forum for debate vs a "mature" forum which a lot of users wanted. It gets a bit tiresome always seeing "controversial" topics in GD all the time.
I for one, am all for this. The threads have turned me away, that's for sure. I remember at one point I even requested JmT to hide General Discussion for me, back when he was still a mod.