Qutoing the above user.

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Qutoing the above user.

Post by retrolinkx »

I think with the new addition of the notification that alert us to people who have quoted us. I think we should be allowed to quote the above user.

I know it's not really major rule breaking, but moderators do pick up on it from time to time. But with the new notifications system, I think that we should be able to quote the above user so that the user themselves knows they have been quoted and might want to check the thread.

Since we usually do "^" to quote them, they may not know they've got a response and a thread may die due to that user not checking up on the thread.

But anyhow, I'm just wondering if it would be alright to quote the user above us via the quote button, or if it's still breaking rules?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Qutoing the above user.

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Please don't change this rule. One thing that annoys me to no end on other forums is how often someone quotes the entirety of a post right above their own. Quoting one or two sentences from a long post isn't too bad even if it's from the post directly above, but I'm all for keeping the current restrictions on quoting.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Qutoing the above user.

Post by eblu »

^ (no rules have changed just yet)
gonna have to agree with jeff just a bit here. i would like to extend the rule but only to one or two sentences (and to ban quote pyramids).