Language Usergroups

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Language Usergroups

Post by Crazo3077 »

This is a silly idea that only just hit me, after being recently reminded that we do have users that speak multiple languages. I think we should have semi-automated usergroups for people who speak languages other than English.

The reason for this is that if we are going to be the most successful Chao website, we are definitely going to want to be inclusive to an international audience. While we obviously have a strong start, given that English is one of the most spoken languages, we could easily work harder to help people know who else speaks their first language.

The benefits I see, if people are willing, would be helping refine conversation. There may be someone who is younger, and less familiar with English, or even having to use a web service that translates the text from English to their language, that may not understand the context or have a difficult time expressing themselves, and if we have users who speak specific languages readily available to help, we could bridge that gap.

It will also likely increase a feeling of connection when you can speak with someone in your first language about something you're passionate about.

I realize it may not be the most useful tool, since it isn't every day that we may run into this issue, but I think it is an important step we should look to taking.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Pat Po
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: hello :D

Re: Language Usergroups

Post by Pat Po »

i can help for french
:omochao:
Sabayjoo
Egg
Egg