Infinite Ring Glitch

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
NiGHTSIsLife
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: If you have time to worry, then run!

Infinite Ring Glitch

Post by NiGHTSIsLife »

I noticed that on the SA2 Battle glitches page, a very useful glitch was left out: the infinite ring glitch. To perform it, sell a valuable item to the Black Market, then reset the game for the GameCube version. For the HD ports, you must turn the system off. When you go back to the Garden, you will find that same item there, but your Rings from selling the item will be too! Repeat this as many times as you like, and buying rare items will be a LOT easier, such as Shiny Eggs! I hope I helped out Chao Island! :chaohappy:
“Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.”
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Re: Infinite Ring Glitch

Post by Rufflikerex »

There's a small problem I see with that. The glitch isn't really connected to the topic of Chao other than the extra rings can help buy stuff. I don't know if this glitch information is suitable for a website dedicated to Chao facts. :darkno:

However, this glitch is very useful towards affording expensive items so the info would help newcomer Chao raisers who aren't very good at ring farming. this is a reason for that glitch to be added to this website maybe attached to a "Beginner's help" section. :thinking:
-Random Internet Person.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

^ It's chao related if you ask me. It's like the Animal/Chaos Drive Glitch. Very useful (not that I use it,) and it reduces grinding for chao items. Not much else you can do with the rings anyways.

This reminds me of another glitch (or more accurately exploit) if you take a chao wearing a hat and deposit its copy to the Tiny Chao Garden (no GBA cart) you can take off the original chao's hat
(only by throwing them unfortunately) and sell that hat (or keep it in the garden and give it to another chao) and then retrieve the GBA copy chao and get your chao back, with the hat.

I'm not one for hurting my chao, but it works. I think retrieving the copy chao also resets the fact that you just threw them too, but I don't remember.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Yeah, it's not like there's anything you can buy with rings that affect other game modes.

Also, never knew of that exploit of the downloadable TCG. Most I ever used the Download version for was cloning my chao but uploading the copy to my other Gamecube game(I have both SADX and SA2B), though I'm sure it would also work with one game and a second Memory Card.
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Post by Rufflikerex »

chaoadventures wrote:^ It's chao related if you ask me. It's like the Animal/Chaos Drive Glitch. Very useful (not that I use it,) and it reduces grinding for chao items. Not much else you can do with the rings anyways.
I don't see much relation between the Animal/Chaos Drive Glitch and the Ring Glitch. The A/CD glitch boosts a Chao's stats much quicker than the normal method of raising stats which is why that glitch is very related to Chao. The Ring Glitch has much less significance to Chao as it doesn't directly affect Chao, but it allows you to be able to more easily stack up on rings for expensive Items in the Black Market.

I'm not saying that the Ring Glitch isn't Chao related, I'm trying to say that the Ring Glitch doesn't seem as significant as the A/CD Glitch. :darkno:

But whatever, this glitch is still very useful for Chao breeders and beginning players, so why not add it? :sway:
-Random Internet Person.