Chao Gallery

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: I just ate dinner for breakfast!

Chao Gallery

Post by Canpaw »

Fantastic job on improving the Chao Gallery from way back. However, there's one thing that really bothers me: the lack of the Gamecube version of the Shiny Jewel Chao; as it's different between SADX PC and the gamecube games.

Edit: I just realised, maybe bright chao should be in the gallery? Do bright chao even appear in SA PC? Does that even matter? Does the egg carrier garden matter? I would totally help if it didn't, I don't have sonic adventure 1 on PC, or any sort of capture card
a
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Re: Chao Gallery

Post by LimitCrown »

The new Chao Gallery pictures were taken in the Egg Carrier Garden so that they would be consistent with the older pictures. It's also easier to take pictures from the PC version of SADX instead of the SADX version, so that's mainly why the Shiny Jewel Chao pictures in the gallery are of the PC version's Shiny Jewel Chao.

The different appearance of the Shiny Two-Tone and Shiny Jewel Chao in the PC version of SA2B is caused by a glitch that causes the base colors and the colors of the two-tone textures to be blended incorrectly. Because of this, there isn't really a need to take pictures of the Bright Chao. For the bright Hero Chao and bright Neutral Chao, it can be very difficult to distinguish between the different colors. It also turns out that the base colors of the Shiny Jewel Chao in the PC version of SA2B at least are the same as the ones in the PC version of SADX.
CanSteam
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: canpaw but with my own email

Post by CanSteam »

i still think gamecube shiny jewels and bright chao should be on the gallery
is the pikmin in my avatar on something or...
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Post by Rufflikerex »

CanSteam wrote:..
i still think gamecube shiny jewels and bright chao should be on the gallery
I would be fine with adding GC special breeds to the gallery, but not the "choose your combination" page. Maybe in a side tab, just so that new visitors won't be confused as to why there's an invisible or transparent Chao in case they haven't read the "Special Breeds". Also, if a side tab were used then an explanation (or link to "Special Breeds") could be added to it as well (explaining why these weird Chao exist in more detail) without filling up the main gallery page or having to create multiple galleries to complement different versions of the same Sonic game.
-Random Internet Person.
CanSteam
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: canpaw but with my own email

Post by CanSteam »

A tiny bit off topic, but isn't it super weird that the shiny jewel chao in the PC version of Sonic Adventure look almost identical to what Shiny Two-Tone's are supposed to look like?

edit: wait, do they? because they certainly dont in SA2B pc..
is the pikmin in my avatar on something or...
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

I think second evolutions should be posted in the gallery. Or are there just too many for that?
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!