Updating certain pages and contributing to the site

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
InkSelenaX
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: When you're in, there's no turning back

Updating certain pages and contributing to the site

Post by InkSelenaX »

I've noticed that even after awhile, some pages haven't been updated with the information that should be there, so, I suggest to maybe have others contribute to the site and fill the pages with accurate information about a certain topic, along with showing screenshots to show that it works. Though, I would want to believe that if that were to be implemented into the site, there would be some guidelines for that type of rule to be a thing, since I know that there are some people that might post either inaccurate information, misguidings, and/or inappropriate content, an admin and/or mod should check the contents before they accept it onto the site.

But this is just my little suggestion, so, just take it with a pinch of salt
Nerds are ok, and so are you! :omochao:
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Updating certain pages and contributing to the site

Post by Crazo3077 »

Mooncow personally owns the site, so it is understandable why he hasn't given the authority to change actual pages on the site to other people. Like none of the staff other than Mooncow can directly change the site.

If you or anyone else wants to help contribute to the site's pages, you can always make a topic in the Chao Island Contributions board. Link bellow.

viewforum.php?f=32

As long as you clearly indicate where on the site you think needs adjusting, Mooncow or one of the Chao Experts will compile the provided information and add it to the queue for updates. Mooncow lives a fairly active and involved life, so he doesn't always have regular time to update the site, but he is always eager to hear of people passionate about Chao who want to help improve the site's information.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Re: Updating certain pages and contributing to the site

Post by Mooncow »

THis site isn't a wiki - its all individual pages of code that needed to be edited with information - due to the nature of the way the internet was back when the website first started. I have toyed around with the idea of a wiki, but I think having the website as it is has a lot of good sides to it.

As for updates from the contributions forum, I have been adding quite a lot up to a point - but I agree things have slowed down. I'll talk with the Chao Expert team to come up with a more efficient method of doing this.

Thanks for the support.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.