SA2B (and DX, a little): Mango/Fruit Salad Chao

Wanna make a new Chao? Look in here for how to make various Chao, or post your own recipes!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

SA2B (and DX, a little): Mango/Fruit Salad Chao

Post by MintyMyndi »

Recently, I've been craving fruit and playing with two-tones. Yup. This was inevitable. There are two variations to this recipe, each yielding a different Chao. The first one I came up with is the mango, so that comes first.

1. Mate a normal Chao with an orange one until you get a two-tone baby.
2. Give baby 11 purple drives and feed/pet it nonstop. Use hero characters. Spoil it rotten. Continue force-feeding until a cocoon forms. You should have a Hero Fly Chao. TIP: The more you feed it as a child, the longer it will live as an adult.
3. (optional) Once baby is an adult, raise its stats to 99. If you are going to do this, this would be the best time. You could also use the Chao's newly fixed alignment as an opportunity to let it bond with dark characters.
4. Give Chao at least 40 animals from each the purple group and green group. (It could be the yellow and red groups as well, but I'm giving you specific colors to make this recipe easier to follow.) Extras are just fine.
5. Get some phoenixes and skeleton dogs and release them in the garden. SAVE. Now, here's the fun part. Give them until it has all phoenix parts EXCEPT FOR THE FEET. Count how many animals it takes: if it gets to be more than ten (assuming you're using the glitch), and you don't have the desired parts yet, then I'd RESET and start over. Makes the next step easier.
6. Give the Chao TWICE as many fly (purple) drives as animals you used in the last step. Do the same for run. (If you used the opposites in step 4, use those colors instead.) If you didn't need many animals to get the parts and/or are particularly good at the glitch, this could be done in one trip. Extra drives are okay in this step, but not the next. Your Chao's gradual evolution sliders should be all the way at fly and run (or swim and power if you used the opposites).
7. Give the Chao EXACTLY 40 drives of each yellow and red. This will move the sliders to the middle, AKA "none." Then, enter it in a race and earn a topaz, garnet, peridot, or aquamarine medal. They're prettiest, trust me.
8. Let the Chao age and keep it well-fed. This will allow it to undergo 2nd evolution. The more you feed it, the longer it will have a complete gradual evolutions before it reincarnates (or dies if you didn't follow my instructions telling you to spoil it).

And there you go, a mango Chao. For fruit salad, make the following substitutions:
-You can use orange two-tone like above, or you could use yellow (recommended 'cause it's pretty!) or lime green. Several shiny jewels are transparent yellow two-tones, and they work well, too.
-Replace the phoenix with a parrot. One of fruit salad's main goals is to be colorful and therefore pleasing to the eye, so this is important.
-The fruit salad could exist in DX, but since the second evolution is important to this recipe, and SADX lacks skeleton dogs and Chaos Drives, the TCG is necessary for it to be 100% (send to 2B, give stat influence, transfer/clone back).

Don't be afraid to make twins! They'll be so cute! :heroblink: :hero:

As for what they look like, I might illustrate them (and maybe this time I'll bother to shade the image). Here is a rough description:
Mango: A hero Chao with its head pointed upward at the back. It has two feathers coming from the top. They are very skinny and curly. The Chao is mainly orange, with wavy deep red markings on its arms, feet, and feathers. The markings are outlined in green. Its halo is blue. It has a thick patch of fiery-colored feathers on its forehead, with fiery wings and tail to match. Very mango-y!
Fruit salad: The yellow one is yellow with deep red markings the same color as above, outlined in a brighter green. The lime green variation is lime green with very slightly duller red markings outlined in the same green as they are on the yellow one. Its feather patch, wings, and tail are rainbow-colored.

Hopefully the vivid imagery makes up for the fact that I'm not willing to immediately go into PowerPoint and slap together a terrible illustration. If someone could do me a favor and make this and take a picture, that'd be great! I have other things to do, though, so if someone wants to draw/take a pic for me, go ahead (but I'm not paying you)!
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Re: SA2B (and DX, a little): Mango/Fruit Salad Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

I like these ideas! Very creative. :)

I might try out one of these if I ever get the opportunity.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MintyMyndi »

Glad you like it, and the artwork is almost done. Yay!
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Cool! I can't wait to see the art. :D
What is my life anymore?
MintChaosky
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by MintChaosky »

I'll try to make one of theese chaos and bring images here when i'm done :chaohappy:
I like your ideas too :wink:
Yo.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MintyMyndi »

That's the mango! Currently working on salad!
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

I really love how that looks! The colors are indeed like that of a mango.
What is my life anymore?
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

MintyMyndi wrote:Image
That's the mango! Currently working on salad!
Ooh loving the illustration~!
KaneTheChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: I are evil! Rawr!

Post by KaneTheChao »

I'm making these chao right now, I've been looking for 2 other chao to put in my garden!

I'll post pics when im done probably
My 3 awesome chaos chao:
Louie, :herosway: Kane, :darkblah: and Silby! :chaohappy:
SetScript
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Uh, I exist I guess.

Post by SetScript »

This is quite an interesting recipe here! I'm especially loving the art that goes along with it!
:chaohappy:
You can just call me Script I guess.