How chao are made

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Triert
G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T.
Motto: It is I

How chao are made

Post by Triert » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 pm

When the mating dance starts, the two chao perform a ritual that at first causes the ground around them to bloom irregardless of how well the soil is. After doing so the flowers that were created are then used in two ways, the earth created from the flowers form the shell while the moisture in the surrounding area is consumed in order to create the child.

This is assuming of course this is how it actually happens and we're not supposed to see chao having sex.

If this turns into a chao sex theorizing topic I'm going to use my personal connections with fox to ban you all.

Sable
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Re: How chao are made

Post by Sable » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:54 pm

chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Motto: "Man, I'm never taking another 24-hour shift again."

Post by chaoadventures » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:05 pm

^who what why when where

---

Chao release spores when near a willing mate. This individual concept is from another topic on the subject actually.

The change is that the chao don't have the spore releasing glands near their face but rather their whole head, and nuzzle against each other to to increase the rate of success.

Normally this method would yield one egg, but depending on the environment and a bit of luck, then more than one egg would be created.
(I vaguely remember seeing a glitch video from 2008 that produced multiple chao eggs at once)

I have no idea where the egg and the chao get their remaining nutrients, probably from the ground, which would further explain a need for a fresh water source.

The flowers are in-game cosmetics so you don't wonder why your chao is always sitting down while smiling after a Heart Fruit because they'd probably just release pheromones or something.

but I'm not done with biology class yet so whatever

Ivogoji
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:48 am

Chao use Chaos Control to summon eggs from a pocket dimension where Chao eggs are spontaneously formed by a machine created at the time of the Gaia Temple Civilization. The act of mating communicates the parents' genetic information to the egg's blank template.
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

Mayo
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:32 am

Or they just appear through magic.

Maybe they're really good illusionists, where the act of kissing is actually just misdirection while they secretly place an egg in between each other.

Mamkute
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by Mamkute » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:41 am

I subscribe to chaoadventures' link to Mayo's idea relating to spores.
Mayo proposed the egg develops external to the chao, while the parents guard the egg (not seen in game.) In that idea, it would seem the zygote acquires materials for the shell from the earth.

If we take it that the egg does seriously pop up almost immediately from the chao parents rubbing face:
When it comes to actually forming the egg, we know chao subsist on a fruit diet. No calcium there. Chao are highly watery, and require fresh water sources to live, so it would seem that chao get substantial amounts of nutrients from their water sources, such as dissolved minerals.

I would think the parents impart some amount of their jelly-like self into the egg to help feed the baby as it grows.
I think I just convinced myself that chao mating should reduce the size of the parents for a bit, and that chao can lob of sections of themselves fairly easily...

To explain how an egg pops up so fast, I added some definitely not real features to the chao.
Mayo's idea is better.