Chao Recent Happenings

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Re: Chao Recent Happenings

Post by FrankT »

Another month's passed - seriously! This might be becoming a thing!

Anyway, for starters, I've switched to imgur. Saves money.
Spoiler:
I should really start keeping track of my Chao's age - Matt has had a regeneration!

Not to worry, he's alright! Will need some Flight Drives though.
Spoiler:
The two Dark children went to school... at least five minutes apart of each other.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Then Dawn took it to her head to evolve up close to a tree.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Peacock also evolved.
Spoiler:
Also, technically it was still Golf's first day alive, and in that time he has already made Level 1!
I ought to start getting back into the groove.
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

My two new Chao are now "done": They are adults, have all 99 stats (except stamina), have won all race badges (except the ones they cannot access due to alignment) and karate, have all desired animal parts (usually that means none), and are fully influenced to be their desired second evolution! Now all that's left is to let them age! Melt is a monotone white with CBCBB stats, sleepy eyes, bear parts (so she's a panda), and is a neutral swim/swim. Poupoko is a normal two-tone with happy eyes, BBBBB grades (not to mention an insanely high intelligence grade, despite being a default TCG egg rather than being bred to be smart), and is a hero run/run+swim. The girls are currently at kindergarten in order to become more interesting and be able to partipate in potential bands. I'm going to mate Poupoko with my shiny silver purple Chao, Ziggy, and try to get a shiny purple two-tone. The original plan was to mate Ziggy with Milky, my yellow two-tone, because she has BBBBB grades and a high intelligence. Poupoko has this and will be more likely to produce the desired coloration, so she's actually a better option. She also seems to have pretty good luck. Melt's sole purpose is being adorable. She's my only saved Chao with an energetic personality, and I'm loving it. Both Melt and Poupoko were hatched by throwing, and they seem to do a lot more than my cuddled-egg Chao, especially Melt. Will definitely throw more often (eggs, not Chao)! I hope they can whip my other Chao on that memory card into shape. They're complete lumps! :blink:
EDIT: Kinda derped with Poupoko. She was hatched on the TCG, so she wasn't thrown. Still seems more active than most others, but that could just come from her doing things with Melt. Also, her main color doesn't seem perfectly white, more like a pale, grayish blue. I noticed this while fighting Magic... Don't know. Probably an illusion.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
MintChaosky
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by MintChaosky »

My blue chao was supposed to have sonic's shape, but when i gave him too much red chao drives to climb faster and beat dark chaos chao in hero race, he just turned into a blue super sonic chao. Kinda cool but it's been having very annoying to make the spikes to down again. :chaoangry:
Yo.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

I haven't been on the game recently, but I have made a huge breakthrough in my two-tone research! YAY! :chaohappy: I now know why red two-tones' color schemes consist of only red, various dark reds, and black, and also why some dark two-tones have areas that were light colors (on the white two-tone end up) even darker than the areas that were supposed to be black!
But more on-topic, I will be mating Ziggy and Poupoko maybe tomorrow to try to get a shiny purple two-tone with all B stats except run, which will be A (very unlikely, but probability hasn't gotten in my way yet)! I'll mate that child with my childhood Chao Leafy, who has two As (swim and power) and an S (stamina), to try to get a shiny normal or MTN (shiny or not). Leafy is a two-tone lime green who was obtained through "traditional" means, with pure parents, so he is half-normal, and Poupoko is pure normal as well, so the offspring could very well inherit two normal genes and therefore be normal. No planned names yet, but will figure those out soon. Wish me luck, and just know that if I get the right genes in this baby that it will only have to reincarnate once less than an AAAAA Chao would to become SSSSS! ...Which is still a lot, but if I can muster up the patience, it'll happen, and I may make a clone become Chaos, which would be my first! So excited! :chaohappy:
Also impatient to have a purple two-tone. Playing with two-tones has yielded some amazing results for it as a hero swim! The fly 2nd evo has bright red and blue tips! So cool! :chaohappy:
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
TwilightofChaos
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by TwilightofChaos »

I think I need to stop trying to play with my Chao at 5 am with no sleep. I finally woke up to realize my Chao data was missing. :chaoangry: Although I finally confirmed to myself that the egg issues are connected to the garden data, not the game file. Course this was probably widely known but was nice for me.

But my Aquamarine Chao who I had not transferred over yet remained safe. He's now happy in the garden with my new set. So that end's going fine. I have another memory card to play with now, so I should be able to get all the eggs. :chaohappy:
Swaginthebag
Egg
Egg

Post by Swaginthebag »

My Chao just went through Super difficulty Karate and destroyed the opponents easily! :cool:
Greenblade
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: You're. Ugly.

Post by Greenblade »

With a small amount of help from Fusion's Chao Editor, I hatched a bright white chao! I named him Dizzy because of the eyes he has. Going to raise him into Dark/Fly! :darkhappy:
johnnyjh
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Chaos Chao

Post by johnnyjh »

My OG Chao on my Nintendo Gamecube file is 18 years old !!!!!! My Hero Chaos Chao
Last edited by johnnyjh on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnnyjh
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by johnnyjh »

im currently waiting for my chao to evolve into A beginner Knights Chao
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by FrankT »

Euh... I don't know when I'll be back, but once again my gardening is on hiatus.
Mercanto455
Egg
Egg

Post by Mercanto455 »

If you want to call Chao Protection Services. Now's The Time
:cry:
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by FrankT »

Spoiler:
Mercury has endured one more evolution... and it's a big one this time....

Cue ominous organ music....

It's alive! ALIVE!!!!!!

Yes!! I finally have a Chaos Chao! After six years, the ultimate goal is reached!

ImageImage
The lack of eye expression does make it a bit lifeless though. So a little adjustment is needed...

ImageImage
There we go... and he's got his eyebrows and feet back too!

This would be Mercury's final status card. Though since he'll alternate between Chaos and Normal, it's still going on.
Spoiler:
I was anticipating Nod's reincarnation this visit, so I made sure to get his last stats card.

Unfortunately, by the time his number was up, everyone else was asleep. He feels his final wishes are being ignored.

ImageImageImage
He fades off to renew his subscription to life.

and then he goes off to sleep with the rest of them.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Meanwhile, Turnip continues going to school, where they have surprisingly mastered synchronized step dancing....

ImageImageImage
In fact he even practises it the moment he gets home! (Spin dancing, that is.)
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Ah. Now I hadn't anticipated Gopher reincarnating. But he did.

He didn't come out of it quietly either! You know what that means!

Another perfectly good tear-free day RUINED! :cry:

Fortunately this is easily remedied.

ImageImage
But OH WAIT now Lily's howling now!

In fact since they both suffered equally, how about they both share in food.

Spoiler:
As promised, this guy has made the jump into my Gardens. We'll call him Rube. Because he's got a tie made of ruby. (Seriously, it looks like a tie!)

Now I've decided to introduce a new trait to this one... Doctor calls it that this particular Chao has two hearts! Which allows him to regenerate up to 12 times, changing his appearance and personality each time, before he has to properly reincarnate! Pretty major move, will have to see how it rolls.

And OMG he can stand on his head!
Spoiler:
I don't know what I did to upset Sweeney! :darkcry:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Tack is the first to awake in Hero Garden 2, so that he can reincarnate too.

Bit of a kerfuffle going on by the time he re-hatched.

Around this time I looked at the time and realised - cripes! I'm supposed to be somewhere in half an hour!!

So I BARELY had time to take Golf to school and back again.
cajunbrony23
Egg
Egg

Post by cajunbrony23 »

well uhm... I'm brand new around here... but uhhh... well Bunny Just transformed. and James just won the watering can and the shovel. The also recently had a prodigy which I named Honey. I uhm... hope I can get some pics later...
I am what I have chosen to be
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by FrankT »

This actually took place on Sunday - I just didn't have a chance to write about it until now... sorry...
Spoiler:
Well, not much happened in World 1's Neutral and Hero Gardens, so we start off today in the Dark Gardens, and....

SWEET NAKED ROMANS ON STILTS, what on EARTH is she wearing?!!? What, is this some unlockable costume I didn't know about? How do I turn it back?

Lil' E and Anthony found it rather erotic. In fact I should cut away from this before it gets out of hand.
Spoiler:
Turnip and Gopher practised song.

ImageImage
They practised at home too!
Spoiler:
Le gazp! Turnip is now walking on two feet!

ImageImageImage
Then of course he just fell over and started crying. ;(

Aw, don't be like that, we'll get through this!

Then he tried swimming several times...

And several times I've had to fish him out... not in the best way... :darkno:

We'll get there though... hopefully.
Spoiler:
He wasn't the only one either. Golf tried swimming repeatedly too!

ImageImage
Poor guy's in shock over it... :chaocry:

Shh... it'll be ok...

ImageImageImage
Chao fruit always helps. Not always, but... sometimes.
Lunar X Diviner VII
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Lunar X Diviner VII »

I haven't played too much recently because I have my main file chao all where I want them and if they reincarnate I'll just have to do it all over again :darkno:

However, on my spare memory card I got a transparent sky blue (I think), and named him Astral. I was going to make him into an 'elf' chao, but I haven't spent enough time yet for me to do the second evolution.
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by FrankT »

Good God, I'm really losing my touch - I haven't been in for TWO months!
Spoiler:
Ezekiel abruptly came down with a chesty cough and had to have some treatment for it.
Spoiler:
Well there's a plus, Rouge seems to have gone back to her original costume.

Turnip learns Castanets.

He also learns how to swim! Yay! :darkhappy:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Meanwhile, Yumyum evolves back into an adult Chao.

ImageImage
I noticed that Lovett was making faces at me again, so I spent a little time changing her attitude towards me.
Spoiler:
Golf started taking lessons on how to sing.
Now... I also decided to start a new Chao world... mostly raising the inhabitants in a vanilla fashion. Can you guess where I'm going to go with this?
Spoiler:
There they are, six coloured eggs...

ImageImageImageImageImage
All of them coming out of their shells.

In honour of Bionicle's reboot, all these Chao are being named and trained after their namesakes - and they are!:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
From left to right: Tahu, Lewa, Gali, Kopaka, Pohatu, and Onua.

ImageImageImageImage
Four of them get immediate Chaos Drive top-ups - Gali for Swim, Lewa for Fly, Pohatu for Run, and Onua for Strength. As for Tahu and Kopaka... well I guess I'll give them a Luck and Intelligence boost.

The first night.
KaneTheChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: I are evil! Rawr!

Post by KaneTheChao »

This weekend I cleared out my dark garden, to make room for some new chao! I've got a chao for all the colors in the rainbow, plus lime green.
Going down the list, we have...

Red - "Rojo" H/P
Orange - "Naranja" D/P
Yellow - "Amarilo" H/S
Lime Green - "Lima" D/S
Green - "Verde" D/R
Sky Blue - "Cielo" H/R
Blue - "Azul" D/F
Purple - "Morado" H/F

As you can tell, their names are just the spanish words for their colors. If you want to see these chao, you can just use the chao gallery on the main site since they dont have animal parts.
Amarilo is a tricky one, since she was glitched out of existence. I just brought her back from my GBA, and wouldn't you know it, my gamecube froze immediately after and she was lost. Thankfully, I was able to cheat her back into existence with some save editing. The only time my chao have been lost due to this is when they were yellow. I guess my copy just hates yellow?
My 3 awesome chaos chao:
Louie, :herosway: Kane, :darkblah: and Silby! :chaohappy:
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

I'm thinking about erasing all my Chao save data and starting fresh again. I haven't done it just yet, though.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
MrMisterMisterMr
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by MrMisterMisterMr »

I just got SADX on steam, and I've already evolved 3 of my Chao, (from left to right) Jimbo (D/P), Giblet (N/F), and Fyob (N/R)!
Top Chao: Rust (4 Years Old); Shiny Jewel Yellow Dark/Run
Swim: Lv. 99 (2161) Fly: Lv. 99 (2161) Run: Lv. 99 (2750) Power: Level 99 (2186) Stamina: Lv. 29 (550)
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

So I ultimately did erase my Chao data. I'm currently hoping to make Chao based off of characters created by me and one of my IRL friends (she used to go on here with the name of "dewottlover"). I might make some based off of game characters too, although some may require quite a bit of patience...
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

Disk corrupted rip my chao :/ (page 69 *giggles*)
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
JadenMathews
Egg
Egg
Motto: stop... spammer time

Post by JadenMathews »

I'm thinking of erasing the current file on my memory card and starting fresh. I haven't played in a long time. Also, is it just me, or does anyone else hate just waiting around for them to age? I really wish they could have made the chao lifespan a little bit shorter just so we want have to sit and wait for HOURS. In fact, I've never been able to obtain a chaos chao just for that reason.
P
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by FrankT »

I'm thinking of giving my whole pictorial series a reboot. Perhaps I'll start doing a format where I'll only go over one Chao World a day. Would save time I need for college stuff.

On that bombshell...

ImageImage
Ted and Tickle have both received medals for winning the races! :chaohappy:

And Matt reverted into his adult form again.

And this actually all happened on Wednesday; I just didn't make the time to talk about it until now. Maybe I'll put all the other pictures from that day into the Pictures topic.

On a lighter note, the next evening I made a Chao out of Hama beads! I'll have to show you when I get the opportunity.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

^A chao made out of Hama beads sounds cool, love to see it.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by FrankT »

Sorry about the long wait - I seem to have misplaced my photo of it - I'll have to get back to you.