SA2B Japanese Version

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 12 years old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
deleterthehedgehog
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

SA2B Japanese Version

Post by deleterthehedgehog »

I heard that the NTSC-J version of SA2B has an amy and a knuckles chao, and you can play amy in the chao garden, can someone confirm this? and if it's true can someone guide me?
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: SA2B Japanese Version

Post by Triert »

Neither is true, but what did happen once is that there had been an event where you could get an Amy and Knuckles Chao. Sadly, that was a long time ago.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

I think the confusion here is the fact that the event itself was held in Japan. It probably wouldn't be too much trouble to, somehow, get a garden file with one of such chao in them, or use a gameshark or something to obtain them, but those are the only ways.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I don't think the event was held fo SA2 Battle, but SA2 for the Dreamcast, which had internet connectability. And then the event was only in Japan.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Pretty much what the guys are saying is about all we know. None of us were in Japan or watching the internet for this information, so it is even possible it never happened. The only reason it might have happened is because then less people would have known the two Chao even exist. Even more likely it was for Dreamcast, though most rumors suggest it was at some kind of public event, similar to how there are Pokemon giveaway events at conventions/tours.

As for playing as Amy, these rumors were likely a mix of Amy being a playable character in Sonic Adventure, Amy being a multi-player character, and Amy having a appearance and theme in the game. There are also some videos you will find, but they use a Action Replay or Gameshark code that allows you to be sent to the Chao Garden after a multi-player match or just always be a specific character when you start different levels. Similar codes could likely be used with any character, including other multi-player characters.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Maybe I was wrong about the Dreamcast part. This was on the SA2 page on The GHZ, for which I hold in the highest regard for in terms of accuracy and content, and most likely tells the truth-
While that covers all the new content in the game proper, unique character-themed Chao were available for download at subsequent hobby fairs and similar events. Attendees armed with Game Boy Advances along with Sonic Advance 1 or 2 had the opportunity to procure these ultra-rare Chao offerings from Sega's event booths:

Sonic Chao - [ 15th World Hobby Fair (01/20/02 - 02/10/02) | 17th World Hobby Fair (01/19/03 - 02/09/03) ]
Knuckles Chao - [ Waku-Waku Game Party (06/20/02 - 09/08/02) | Sonic Party (08/04/02) | 17th World Hobby Fair (01/19/03 - 02/09/03) ]
Amy Chao - [ 16th World Hobby Fair (07/13/02 - 07/14/02) | 17th World Hobby Fair (01/19/03 - 02/09/03) ]
Shadow Chao - [ 17th World Hobby Fair (01/19/03 - 02/09/03) ]
Tails Chao - [ 18th World Hobby Fair (06/21/03 - 06/22/03) ]
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD