What would you like to see in a new Chao Garden?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 3 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
jurejure
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Re: What would you like to see in a new Chao Garden?

Post by jurejure »

-Well there could be more chao expressions...
-Or that you could teach to your chao a sign that he would use by a race or karate (like the chao in SA2B in karate Happy and Rainbow or wacky)
-i really liked the idea getting the chao from from quests (harder quests rarer chao)
-or if you had to buy chao you dont need a other console to get jewel chao etc...)
-more actions with the character to the chao (like holding hands carrying the chao on the back etc...)
-chao holding each others hand piggybacks to reach high places or food
-i saw the suggestion taking the chao on quest that is an awesome idea i would only add that the chao should have his own equipment that you could switch (like his own mini sword and mini shield etc.)
-higer stats rank
-i aggre with the comment MORE GARDENS!! =)
-a minigame called chao adventure that you could train your chao like in a rpg and use the chaos equipment and of course you controll the chao yourself

sorry if some suggestions were made and i reused them
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

D:
All these ideas are cool and all but isn't it a bit... too advanced? Chao are quite simple creatures and adding too much detail to them makes them lose some of their, uh, well, I'm not sure how to put it but they wouldn't be the same. They wouldn't be as fun, I don't think. And especially with adding genders it sort of limits you rather than adding to them.

But, I like the idea of more animals and a garden for each stat. More chao to chao interaction would be cute, as well. Also, I'm loving the idea of unlocking special chao through missions. Like, Sonic has to save Amy from something or other, and once that mission is completed an Amy Chao egg appears in a Character Garden (which is unlocked)? Maybe the Character Garden could be based off a level like Emerald Coast or Green Hill Zone. Or it could be a luxury suite for famous chao like in the SS garden.
(22:21:58) Linds_269: Someone beat Amy's vagina count
(22:22:02) Linds_269: hurry
avatar by CHOCO uwu ty New account is Ravenyte. :>
jurejure
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by jurejure »

Lol true true i got a bit off track....
I wouldn't want that the chao loose their simplity
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

Well I would like more expressions, more interactions, and ofc Jewels without a diff console.
jurejure
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by jurejure »

I had mentioned that already but ok looks like im not the only one that wants that
BlackSoul
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by BlackSoul »

I would go with more chao per garden, like someone has already said. And, why not actually controling your chao during their races instead of just watching them run by themselves? It would probably be more thrilling and stimulate the players to level and care for their chao better. :D
~Because I can~
2535tmoney
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by 2535tmoney »

Luck and Intelligence come unhidden and they become evolutions!
hoo boi im so gay like really gay
Credit to ChaoX-Girl for my avatar.
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

^agreed
peace out ci
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: START DA BUS!

Post by JHock115 »

-What about chao being able to travel to mobile devices(On PS3, it would go to the PS Vita. Or on the Wii, chao would go to the 3DS.)
-The ability to tell a chao to do stuff(take off hat, swim, fly, play with other chao.)
-A chao gym. Where you can put a chao in the room and make it train a certain sport(run around the track to boost speed, lift weights to boost power, swim in the pool to boost swim etc.)
-If they make it so avatars/miis have a part in the game(like they are part of the story), then their power should be like Cream's; the ability to use a chao from the garden as a companion and weapon.
Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: time5bed

Post by Kyo »

^How about being able raise chao with a Mii?
Siggy-sig
siggy
JHock115
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: START DA BUS!

Post by JHock115 »

That too.
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

2535tmoney wrote:Luck and Intelligence come unhidden and they become evolutions!
This! Intelligence can be blue and Luck can be orange. Contrasting colours! 8D
(22:21:58) Linds_269: Someone beat Amy's vagina count
(22:22:02) Linds_269: hurry
avatar by CHOCO uwu ty New account is Ravenyte. :>
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^And Luck and Intelligence should be conflicting evolutions like Run<>Power and Swim<>Fly., and existing hybrid evolutions should carry over for cases where the Luck<>Intelligence slider is balanced.

Other Ideas for increasing visual diversity of Chao:
For Colors, fill in the nulls in the following chart:
Pink, null, null, lime green, Sky blue, null, White
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Grey
null, null, null, null, null, null, Black

So we need:
Light/Pastel variants of Orange, Yellow, and Purple
Dark variants of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple.
Brown is a weird Color, not sure whether it should be counted as the Dark Orange or Yellow, or treated as its own hue, and if its own hue, whether the existing Brown should be the medium or dark variant.

To make Jewel more interesting, give both tone and shine an effect on Jewel Coat:
Non-shiny Monotone Jewel: The normal Jewel we already have.
Shiny Monotone Jewel: The Translucent/Transparent Chao we already have, perhaps with more consistency between their appearance and their base skin color, with none of them being Pseudo Chao.
Non-shiny Twotone Jewel: They have their jewel coat as their base coat and metallic highlights based on evolution.
Shiny Twotone Jewel: Pseudo Chao.

All existing animals, plus enough new animals to have 9 in each of 9 classes: Red(Power), Orange(Luck), Yellow(Swim), Green(Run), Blue(Intelligence), Purple(Fly), White(Stamina/none), Gold(MYthical, Random), and Black(Undead, Random).
The Rainbow colors boost mainly their respective and boost the appropriate slider in that direction.
White boost mainly stamina, and brings whichever slider has the highest absolute value closer to zero, choosing at random in the event of a tie.
Gold animals give the largest stat boosts, but have random effects on evolution.
Black animals have special effects on appearance and have random effects on evolution.
In addition to Black animals for removing animal parts or legs, new Black animals could remove wings, arms, make the Chao's head or Body invisible, etc.
Each animal has a rare(Like 1% appearance rate in the Black Market) Super version that gives the Chao a full set of the given animal's parts and fully maximizes the appropriate slider towards the appropriate extreme.

Eye color having a genetic basis similar to skin color.

Yes to more expressions.

While I do not like the idea of gender for Chao, perhaps there is some other minor visual trai that could be based on genetics.

As for platform, given that Chao are simple, and a stand-alone Chao Garden could have a significant graphics boost without being taxing on GPUs, I think that at bare mininum there should be:
PSN Crossplay(possibly even a PSP version) with trading back-and-forth between PS3 and PSVita.
Nintendo eShop Crossplay(ideally with 3DS having a download play app it can send to a DS to get Chao from SAdv1/2 and Pinball Party's TCGs, with trading back-and-forth between 3DS and Wii/WiiU.
Mobile version for iOS/Android and Desktop version for PC(Win/Mac/Lin) Version, with trading between the three versions.
XBLA version.

Trading between all versions is technically possible, though licensing issues would likely prevent the PSN, eShop, and XBLA versions from communicating with any other version. Such restrictions certainly do not exist for Android or PC, and I am not sure Apple could enforce isolation of the iOS version.

As for custom avatars, I would rather all versions use a Create-a-Character Engine based on SegaSonic Anthros instead of utilizing any of the system-specific avatar systems. Either that, or just reduce the player to a disembodied cursor/first person camera.
Mahado the Echidna
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Mahado the Echidna »

If you all don't mind, I am going to use these ideas for my Chao fangame, which I hope comes out really well. :surprise:
The first re-release of Chao Sanctuary! Just a bit longer!
peyton
Egg
Egg

Post by peyton »

:surprise: ... ↑OH MAH GAH
AWESOME :darkhappy:
If less is more, just imagine how
much more is.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Kyo wrote:^How about being able raise chao with a Mii?
JHock115 wrote:-What about chao being able to travel to mobile devices(On PS3, it would go to the PS Vita. Or on the Wii, chao would go to the 3DS.)
-The ability to tell a chao to do stuff(take off hat, swim, fly, play with other chao.)
-A chao gym. Where you can put a chao in the room and make it train a certain sport(run around the track to boost speed, lift weights to boost power, swim in the pool to boost swim etc.)
-If they make it so avatars/miis have a part in the game(like they are part of the story), then their power should be like Cream's; the ability to use a chao from the garden as a companion and weapon.
peanut cravings
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by peanut cravings »

i see alot of people suggesting to get jewel chao without gameboy advanced and all that. So I think what should happen is that deppending on which jewel race you beat if you have room you can get that jewel chao.

ex. just beat topaz race yay! :chaohappy: now i get topaz jewel chao egg.

also i think that if you give your chao a certain animal fully, like it has all of that animals parts when it evolves it should have a sort of a skin change depending on the animal.

ex.(again) i just gave my baby chao full tigers, *evolves* the skin of the chao is now tiger print.

just tell me if i am not specific enough :thinking:
If my research is correct, 7 out of 10 times people will look at this
Wilfre
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Wilfre »

Can I just get more gardens/ a chao garden creator. Or I can learn the game's programming and just hack it in myself.
flabort
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by flabort »

Didn't read all the above suggestions, sorry. 4 pages :darkwalk: .

Here's my suggestions:

Have the new chao garden on a system that can have Patches and DLC (WiiU, 3DS, PC, etc.).
Have it a separate game from the actual sonic games...
...But have the rings and small animals from said games transfer to your chao garden. If there's already sonic games on that system, patch 'em to do so.
Have each game come with a key to some free DLC, or pay for it if you don't want the sonic game.
Also have each game's emblems/red rings/achievement gimick help make rarer stuff show up in the shop(s) more often.

Have the black market, but also a carpenter (who can build stuff like jungle gyms or sand boxes in your gardens for rings and time - or play coins on 3DS).
More genes/alleles to mess with. Chao that are born with external bone armor plates (that change with evolution), born from "lumpy eggs".
Chao that get "super" bonuses from certain small animals. The bonus is from a gene just like a stat grade, results in different looking animal parts than those animals normally give, and better stat raises result from those animals. Each chao has 2 manifest super bonus genes (4 alleles).
Have a "Happy" and "Upset" evolution axis. So you can have Neutral Neutral, Neutral Happy, Dark Upset, Hero Upset, Hero Happy, Dark Neutral, etc. You'd have to really abuse a chao to get Upset, and Happy would also be hard to get, but not as.
Evolutionary Stat Grade genes (with it's own alleles). Meaning, it isn't the chao's actual grade, but these affect how much the chao's appearence is affected by it's evolution (S/B fly evolving into a fly type would look how fly types currently look, S/S would be exaggerated, S/E would be under-stated). This also affects the gradual evolution appearance.
I like JHock115's gym idea.
Editable garden, a sort of An Internal Designer Is You thing. You can buy and place trees and objects and stuff, buy extensions to the garden's size, make cliffs/hills and dig pools, etc. All for rings, of course.
Assuming the garden is stand-alone (above ideas), but would work anyways, able to win rings from races and karate and other minigames.

Mahado, it's not complete, and definitely gonna need more work before I start it, but I'm working on a PbP chao garden using a couple ideas from my post. Not all of them. Some.
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Chao Action Stages
peace out ci
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

ooh and knux, tails and amy chao avaible without hacking! and make Sonic and Shadow chao are immortal
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Make a Cream chao!
peace out ci
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Love your enemy, even if they're jerks.

Post by Tri »

Silver Chao!
This is a REALLY old avatar, so thanks to SonicRainboom!

I finally got a deviantart! Only one drawing now, but check it out!
poisonedroses
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by poisonedroses »

I would like to see a garden that had a sky that changed depending on what time of the day it was.

I'd also like to see more facial expressions for chao, and more varieties of Chaos chao.
flabort
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by flabort »

never give a single animal, win a special race, reincarnate 3rd time. That would be a nice way to get 3 new C Chao.