Chaos Chao suck and here's why.

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Chaos Chao suck and here's why.

Post by quartzlcc »

They can't mate. They can't get animal parts. They have no facial expressions. They have no second evolution. Chaos Chao are pretty much the epitome of boring.

They're space-wasters for the "can't mate" part. I dunno about you guys but I like to mate my chao as frequently as possible to see if I can get a neat new color that I don't have. Chaos Chao just make it all a little less likely to work out.

Anyway, discuss. I know most people think they're awesome, so tell me why I'm wrong.
Last edited by quartzlcc on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Re: Chaos Chao sucks and here's why.

Post by Dr. Roivas »

honestly i see them as something of a trophy, as kind of a testament to your skills at chao breeding
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

quartzlcc wrote:They can't get animal parts.
Debatable. It hardly counts, but a new chaos chao can have a flame ball from a half-fish for a small amount of time.
quartzlcc wrote:mate my chao as frequently as possible to see if I can get a neat new color that I don't have.
From a technical stand point, that will never happen. You do not make new colors. You could get new (as in ones you have not encountered, not entirely new) breeds. Still, if a chao has potential to produce cool off-spring, chances are, after two reincarnations, it will have carried on its lineage well enough.

Still, I agree, they have limited use for newness, but they are more symbols of consistency in your garden. They are constant, and if you like a dynamic garden, then chaos chao are definitely not for you.

Mainly I agree with the Dr.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Mamkute wrote:From a technical stand point, that will never happen. You do not make new colors. You could get new (as in ones you have not encountered, not entirely new) breeds.
Are you training to become a lawyer? I think you knew what I meant.
Dr. Roivas wrote:honestly i see them as something of a trophy, as kind of a testament to your skills at chao breeding
Yeah, I'd agree with that.
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

This is very true. I hear they can get their facial expressions back, but I'm not sure how. :thinking:
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

It's kind of the nail in the coffin for me. I try to get chao that are either rare/difficult colors, or else an interesting facial expression. Used to obsess over stats, now I really don't care about those :P It's kind of fun to strive for one S, after that it's pretty boring. Still haven't bothered finishing out my currently SSSSB chao.
Last edited by Mamkute on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the above post. Since your post is directly following, it is assumed to be a direct reply.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Beyond the novelty of them being immortal and being the most time consuming evolution to get, they are quite boring.

And yeah, unless you get increbily lucky with breeding, getting an All-S Chao is just grinding for the sake of grinding since you can plow through all of the Races and Karate long before reaching that point. And getting a legit All-3266 Chao is grinding while playing the RNG.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Seriously. And the "incredibly lucky with breeding" part is especially true; I've always been told the easiest way to get an all-S chao is by breeding well and then grinding a little bit from there. Just the other day I bred a couple of chao, one had an S in Fly and the other an E; guess what, the child was an E. Furthermore, it was just like its daddy in every way except one point lower in Stamina. What a load of crap. And to this day, the best starting stats I've ever seen was when my sister BOUGHT an egg from the Black Market and it ended up being 4 A's and one B.
FastRunningChao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: More 1337 than sanic.

Post by FastRunningChao »

Dr. Roivas wrote:honestly i see them as something of a trophy
Yup.
Plus, it doesn't die.
No animal parts? Thats my favorite part about it. :darkhappy:
Gotta be a FAST chao!
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Chaos Chao suck and here's why.

Post by eblu »

so i'm not the only one who hates animal parts
Chaoarren chaohead
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: We are going to need a bigger chao garden for chaoarren

Post by Chaoarren chaohead »

The chaos chao have a change to their eyes when they sleep.

Also I don't like animal parts as well, I use a skeleton dog on the chao when I use an animal to raise my chaos stats
zowiethehedgehog
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: SADX and SA2B nostalgia never ends

Post by zowiethehedgehog »

They are a little boring, but heck, they're the only chao (I think) who you can have at say, age 10. My twin Angel chao are 12 years old which is quite something for me to see :herocool: :herocool: it's slightly awkward when you realize they can be stuck on a E stat rank forever though :heroblink:
:omochao: Hi I'm Omochao! I'm here to bug- I mean help you!
:no: his hearts in the right place I guess...
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

I'm kind of on board with viewing them as achievements. The one thing I don't like about chao raising is how long everything takes, so I've never actually has the patience to make one, but if I did it would be a major sense of accomplishment just for the sake of me waiting that long .

As for the chao themselves, I think it would be neat to have more than three types of them? Or at least different facial expressions. When it comes to the animal parts, however, I've never been that big of a fan, so I raise my chao using almost exclusively drives to avoid having undesirable traits, thus chaos chao not having them does not bother me at all. My biggest beef is them not being able to mate, so if you get a chao with really rad stats and you want him to be chaos type, you can't breed him with anyone else to get potentially more powerful babies.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
dustyoni
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: ayylmao

Post by dustyoni »

I'm not a fan of animal parts on my Chao, so I prefer them without.
I'm also a bit weird when it comes to looks?
Having your Chao change looks slowly over time as they age kind of stresses me out.
I also feel like I'm on a time limit with my regular Chao, like I only have so long to enjoy them at a mature stage where they look 'cool' and are decent in races, etc.

The lack of expressions and ability to breed is disappointing, though.
The breeding part kind of makes sense? But in a way it doesn't??
Say you have an all S Chao you just keep breeding that you make into your ultimate Chaos Chao for race/karate wins. Maxed out forever, can interract with and breed as much as you want, etc. Well, you could just as easily have an all S Chao maxed out as well you don't interact with aside from breeding for the same reason in a spare garden... And you can make duplicates I think with memory card tricks anyway. I made a few duplicates of my first Neutral Chaos Chao on my copy of SA2:B to hand out to some family members, hahahah.

Oh well though! Chaos Chao are different and have their own quirks. I rather like them all things considered. :cool:
Dark Chaos Chao are probably my all time favorite.
:darkblink: :blink: :heroblink:
party time
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

Whether they suck or not, I have intentions to make 22 out of my current 24 Chao into immortal Chaos Chao. Some may reincarnate more times than others.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
Rouce
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Rouce »

The Thunder wrote:Whether they suck or not, I have intentions to make 22 out of my current 24 Chao into immortal Chaos Chao. Some may reincarnate more times than others.
That will be an incredibly time-consuming mammoth project. :surprise:

If you complete this: Pics or it didn't happen, haha.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

Rouce wrote:If you complete this: Pics or it didn't happen, haha.
Verrrrrry funny. :chaoangry:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Actually, you can make 8 Chaos Chao in roughly the same time it takes to make one. Better than 99% of the process is just waiting for the Chao to reincarnate the required number of times, which can be done just as easily/quickly with a full garden as with a single Chao. The hard part would be giving every Chao in the garden every animal without losing track of which animals you've given to which Chao. Leave the game on 24/7, and you could easily go from empty gardens to 24 Chaos Chao in less than a week with only a few hours of actual interaction with the game.

Also, since Chao can be hacked fairly easily, pics aren't really enough to prove you did it legitimately. On the other hand, no one's going to watch a nearly 50 hour video that consists mostly of waiting for Chao to age and reincarnate.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

Leave the game on 24/7
I've never liked this idea.
snowflake
Egg
Egg

Post by snowflake »

I agree that the lack of customization is a bit annoying, but I just like making my starter chao into chaos chao because it means I never have to worry about them dying somehow since they're my "favorites", plus the designs look pretty cool anyway.

I just recently bred an all-S chao that I will be breeding, but once I have enough all-S babies, I'm making him into a neutral chaos chao just to say to myself that I "completed" chao garden.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

RE: Leaving the game on 24/7

Honestly, I've never done this (the TV is not mine to use for that long, and my computer screen would keep me awake at night), but I do often leave the game open but muted (as much as I like the chao garden music, I get tired of the loop after several minutes lol) while I do other things so that my garden can idle. This keeps me from boredom, but I can still keep an eye on it to make sure everything's going well. Also, I like to watch my chao evolve so I wouldn't want to miss that.

Idleing the garden is pretty useful for waiting out those long periods between initial evolution and reincarnation, imo. I mean, let's face it; there's only so much you can do in a chao garden to entertain yourself.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

I don't think I've ever left my Gamecube on for more than ~16 hours at one time, and that was more often during marathon gaming sessions than idling in the garden, but back when I raised Chao seriously, it wasn't uncommon for me to have the Garden Idle while I had the TV tuned to something I wanted to watch.
ZER02GAMING
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Darkness overruled us...

Post by ZER02GAMING »

But chaos chao is immortal, so you can beef up that chaos chao to win races and stuff like that, best for people who started their chao garden new
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

ZER02GAMING wrote:But chaos chao is immortal, so you can beef up that chaos chao to win races and stuff like that, best for people who started their chao garden new
This may be true, but with any E ranks, even a Chaos Chao is guaranteed to not do well in that category. The only chance you have with an E grade is to level that stat up to 99 in each Chao's life before you decide to evolve it into a Chaos Chao. A good Chaos Chao should at least not have any E ranks if you're beefing them up for races and karate. Besides, chances are a Chao can win it all in its first or second life anyway. Consider ranking up each of a Chao's E grade before evolving it into a Chaos Chao.
Rouce
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Rouce »

The Thunder wrote:
Rouce wrote:If you complete this: Pics or it didn't happen, haha.
Verrrrrry funny. :chaoangry:
Why, it's not even a joke. I would love to have the sight of so many Chaos Chaos at once. :chaohappy: