Legit Perfect Chao? Do they exist?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Almi
Egg
Egg

Legit Perfect Chao? Do they exist?

Post by Almi »

Has there ever been a legitimate, non-hacked in any way, 3266 Chao in existence? I've scoured the Internet in the hopes of finding at least one mortal who has succeeded and found none with credibility to back them up; the only one I found was a Moon Chao with 3266, which was hacked. I've seen plenty of people who have claimed that they have it, but no pictures or video evidence to support their words, and even less evidence that it is legitimate, which is understandable given streaming and video have only become available/popular in the last ~5 years. Does this Chao of Legend only exist in fairy tales and myths?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Legit Perfect Chao? Do they exist?

Post by Mamkute »

There have been numerous users here who have claimed they will go for a 3266 chao, although they generally do not get very far, or at least they stop updating us on their progress.
Anyway, if anyone has, they would probably be on/have been on this site, but to my knowledge, no one here has obtained such a chao. As such, I would say I highly doubt a legit one has been made. It is far too absurd a process. Maybe if chao breeding were as competitive as large games, like pokemon, then someone would. But as it is now, I don't think anyone has enough motivation to do so.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

If you don't allow resetting every time you fail to get a +30 level up, 1 life of perfect level-ups has a probability on the order of rolling a six 500 times in a row(or rolling a 1-roll yahtzee and getting 6s 98 times in a row if you just force feed Chao Fruit) Granted, the actual probability of a +30 level-up is 1 in 5(assuming a fair RNG) rather than the 1-in-6 of rolling a standard die, and one life time involves 490 levels rather than 500, but the point is: one life-time of perfect level ups without resets would require luck that would let you bankrupt Vegas.

Even if you allow resetting, your talking a process that takes a bare minimum of 45 hours(3 times typical Chao lifespan based on math that shows it takes at least 3 reincarnations to reach 3266) not counting the time to get an all-S Chao, and while you would only have to record the actual leveling process to give sufficient proof, you're talking a very repetitive video that would probably be over an hour in raw length even if you figured out an optimal means of leveling(i.e. even if you did it, had video proof, good luck finding someone patient enough to actually watch the video to confirm it). And your video proof would have to include booting the game after every reset to avoid accusations of the footage being doctored, and if you don't have a lot of resets, any reasonable person is going to accuse you of using a cheat device to manipulate the RNG.

Even if Chao were as mainstream as Pokemon, I doubt a truly legit perfect Chao would exist. We're talking reset counts that would likely make resetting for good IVs on a Legendary look tame. If fact, I just plugged the numbers into Google's calculator, and while it gave a result of roughly 9E-10 as the probability of getting perfect IVs on a single roll of the RNG, it lacked enough precision to give a non-zero answer for 490 perfect level-ups in a row.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

3266 is really hard to get, the stat point that I got the most is 3202

and i'm proud :blink:
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I like making friends :3

Post by Rinku »

If someone were to make a perfect chao legit by resetting every level, would the fastest method be restarting the game if it's not 30, and saving/re-entering the garden if it is 30 to save? I ask because i have always wanted to attempt this and would gladly make a video series trying but if this is all it is, it's going to be mostly loading screens haha.
Rinku's personal Discord - http://rinkutalks.pro/image/dcover.png
🔥 Twitch Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/rinkutalks (◡‿◡✿)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Twitter - https://twitter.com/RinkuTalks
Emerald Lance
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Emerald Lance »

Actually, yes, that is exactly what it is. Raising a perfect chao isn't a very glamorous process. Unfortunately, you'd have to do so for at the absolute very least three lives (assuming the chao already has S ranks in every stat) due to how the stat system works with reincarnation: that is, a percentage of the chao's stats in the previous life (I can't remember the exact number) is given to it as starting stats in the next life, and having absolutely maximum stats is pivotal to get that percented value high enough that you can actually reach 3266.

Proving legitimacy with this would take a VERY long time.
SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan, wrote:"I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
--Gamefaqs.com
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

I'm currently in the process of making an all S Chaos Chao with at least 3150-3250 in each stat, finished Power at 3200, and halfway through Swim, but yeah.... It's going to take a LONG time without things like savestates.
OhGodShana
Egg
Egg

Post by OhGodShana »

Sorry if this is considered a necro, but I'm currently aiming for this myself on the GC version of SA2B with a shiny jewel purple (looks like a transparent shiny two-tone sky blue) chao. I intend to make it a neutral Chaos chao on its final (in this case 4th instead of the usual 3rd) life. In other words it should end up looking like Chaos 0. I started aiming for it a couple of years ago, stopped for ages, and have recently resumed the effort.

My current progress is:
  • 2nd life with easily enough stats carried over from the 1st life.
  • Fly is 3200 at level 99 (the minimum to reach the target if all future increases are +30).
  • All other stats are between levels 5 and 25 with the minimum value required (i.e. all future increases need to be +30).
  • My sanity is slipping (but multi-tasking helps as long as I pay attention when required).
I'm saving and exiting when the chao is 1 chaos drive away from level-up, with a chaos drive of that type sat in the garden (or generic freebie fruit in the case of stamina, which I'm presently just raising from time to time between raising other stats), and soft resetting when the increase is insuficient (which by now is anything other than +30). I may be imagining things, but +26 seems to be the rarest increase.

The TV I'm playing on is an old CRT brick (I'm usually mainly a handheld and/or PC gamer) so I'm not really sure how best to capture a pic of/record my progress (suggestions welcome, ideally ones that don't burn a hole in my pocket), plus I'm a new (in terms of post count at least) user anyway. I don't fancy recording/streaming the entire process anywway (especially as I'm likely to stop again and resume who-knows-how-long from now), so I'm afraid all I'd be able to offer would be occasional snippets at most (if I do find a good way of doing so). If I ever accomplish this it'll be up to the individual whether or not they wish to believe me.