Chao lovers, you shouldn't lose hope.

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Chao lovers, you shouldn't lose hope.

Post by naruto_chao »

I've been playing a game called "Sonic World" for a while, and enjoying it, it's difficult, you have a pretty good amount of character choices to play with, you can play single, double or triple characters out of any of them. Want sonic and tails doll in a team? Go right ahead.

Currently, the game is on release five, but with release 6 on the way, a trailer dropped that I thought would make a lot of people who may not have heard of the game excited.

Apparently the developer is quite young, still in school Even, and now that he's on summer break, he has more time to update the game. That and fans making stages for it helps him along too.

The reason I put this here and not in sonic games is because of the nature of the trailer, and really the reason I wanted to post this anyway. I went on a bit about the game because I couldn't contain my excitement about the possibilities this could make.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6HrrH-z34wM

There is a link to the trailer for those interested. I've been watching it for a while and believe this developer deserves support on this project. No, it's not polished to Sega standards, but this guy is still in school, and I'm sure he'd appreciate polishing support and all that.

I've only mentioned one developer and what I think about this, but he isnt the only one there, they are a small team of people (I think it's small anyway)

I've gone on too long, I need to go calm down a bit x3
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Chao lovers, you shouldn't lose hope.

Post by chaoadventures »

I actually played that fan game before. I thought it was pretty good, needed tweaking, but none the less pretty good. I thought the characters picked up momentum just a tad too fast.

The Chao Races and Karate look great! I'm not that much of a fan of the Adventure 1 Races but, the sheer excitement is good enough.
Everything else looked solid. Chao seemed a bit too small though.

Edit: I remembered something. Some of those fan stages are WHACK. Those guys need to add some scripting to their stages.
And, I also suggest playing with some sort of controller. I personally use a GameCube controller.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

I just finished watching the video, and needless to say, I'm cautiously optimistic. I doubt the chao will come in nearly as many shapes and forms as they did in SA2, and if they do, I doubt they'll morph into them as dynamically. Still, I'm really digging the size of the gardens and the extra sandbox elements. If it were updated regularly, then I'd definitely be sold, but I understand that the creator has a life to tend to and all.

Also yeah, I hope the Chao Races are subject to change. Not only am I not fond of the SA1 approach, but the level design doesn't look very believable atm.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Hm. The layout of the Races look fine to me. Except the sudden drops after flying. That was just weird.
I unfortunately doubt the Race system will be changed. They already made the whole cheering system. It probably would have been easier to just make a Stamina bar too.

I also wonder how many different types of Chao will be added too.

There also needs to be an Eggman Mustache. No joke.

- - -
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by naruto_chao »

^ I found a link cap and a waluigi hat, so I don't think an eggman moustache is out of the realm of possibility.

You're right though, I tend to get overly excited over stuff I should have caution over.

Some character trailers showed chaos drives, but I'm not sure if animals are implemented yet.
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: May not wait for my work...

Sonic World comes with Chao Garden Version6+

Post by StarLand »

Homepage: http://sonicworldfangame.com/
Trailer: https://youtu.be/6HrrH-z34wM
Download: Version6 is coming soon. (Link will be updated soon)

Screenshots:

DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: Sonic World comes with Chao Garden Version6+

Post by DarkyBenji »

oh boys CHAO HD !

but the animations are little weird, hope they can do better

also the chao karate is hug

the garden look awesome, i wonder how many chao we can get
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: Sonic World comes with Chao Garden Version6+

Post by StarLand »

DarkyBenji wrote:oh boys CHAO HD !

but the animations are little weird, hope they can do better

also the chao karate is hug

the garden look awesome, i wonder how many chao we can get
This garden is still in development.
It is better than my Chao Garden.

This Garden has more extras.
Like a farm in garden and a very, very big garden.

I love it too!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I noticed something in the stage reveal videos, there's a light blue Chaos Drive and there's also an Orange one.

Maybe there's no Animals and only Drives but, the new Drive colors are to compensate for the loss,
Or the Animals might be planned and they've added new colors to even it out.

I looked at the picture for the Chao Trailer, There's definitely a Chao for each Alignment and Type. But, who knows what will happen with the 2nd Evolutions and the rest.
We can only hope they know about the more hidden things about Chao.

Also, now that I can see a screenshot with Cream and Cheese in it, the fact that Cheese is bigger than the rest of the Chao kinda bothers me.

- - -
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

chaoadventures wrote:I noticed something in the stage reveal videos, there's a light blue Chaos Drive and there's also an Orange one.
I'm guessing those are for the luck and intelligence stats, which were hidden and increased by a variety of things in SA2(B). If second evolutions were to come back, I wonder if there'd be new ones, like intelligence and luck chao.
Nibroc.Rock
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nibroc.Rock »

Hey their, I'm one of the developers on sonic world! I do most of the models (such as the garden itself or the chao models)

I'll be more than happy to answer a few of your questions

yes their a few new chaos drives to make up for the current lack of animals
at least 5 new drives.. Also the color of some of the old ones have been changed around (however it might go back to original.. we're not fully sure yet)
Cyan -Run
Pink -Swim
Yellow -Fly
Red -Strength

Orange -Stamina
Green -Intelligence
Purple -Luck
Black -Random Stat
Blue -Double Random Stat
(blue is rare)

another think to make up for the current lack of animal absorption are a ton more hats and accessories to dress your chao in (as you can see in the video with a few of them being shown off)

Right now thiers only the first set of evolution and 11 two tone colors and 3 types: Hero,Dark and of course neutral
(adds about to about 15 difrent chao heads and 165 textures/skins.. Honestly it was a nightmare to make all those textures, so once we finnished the first set we wanted to stop any maybe come back to the rest of the colors, evolutions and head shapes in the future)

There are currently a lot of features this chao garden doesn't have.... but it's still in development so things can change later on

Chao Races where made simple and straight due to complications in figuring out code for smooth turning in races, we might try again in the future, but this was the best we could do for now..

If you guys have anymore questions please ask me!

(also can someone tell me how to add photos without them being discarded as spam? I wanted to show a few pictures of things, like showing that cheese is the same hight as the other chao.. or just showing pictures of the garden in General)
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

This looks exciting. I can't really play much on my computer, but this is a big deal.
I was going to comment that there are clearly two tone chao, at least, which is good news for breeding and such. But now I have a whole lot of things to ask.

I am also excited to see a developer on here. And also wondering how he or she found this thread and site.
If I may ask some questions (although some of these are not in your department, and you may not want to answer some/ any. I am still posting them just as general musings to share with the world.

Why change drive colors? I understand adding some, but switching them around confuses me.
You said 11 two tone colors. Which are missing? Does that mean the corresponding mono tone colors are also missing?
Will Chaos Chao be available? (I guess with some sort of requisite not based on animals.) It seems like not, sadly.
How does the breeding work in this game, is it based on normal SA2 mechanics? (theoretically allowing Monotone normals to exist.)
Do evolutions work based on the Swim-Fly and Power-Run scales?
Not a question, but implementing Jewel chao would be amazing. For breeding (if Shiny chao exist too) and looking really pretty by themselves.
Are chao lifespans similar to Game Cube chao games' life spans?

And an answer: Sorry about the pictures being marked as spam. I believe users can't post images until they have made at least 5 posts. Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest introducing yourself, and finding other easy posts to make.
Nibroc.Rock
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nibroc.Rock »

to anwser the questions

1- I wasn't in charge of changing the chaos drives, however I kind of like cyan being run and the others... if anything I don't think it would be too huge of deal to get used to

2- yeah right now theirs only two-tone chao.. there are no mono-tone chao
the colors are:
Azure (replaces sky blue)
Black
Blue
Brown
Celestle (replaces normal)
Green
Grey
Lime
Orange
Pink
Purple
Red
White("white" in case the color font can't be seen)
Yellow
(also I made a mistake it's 13 colors)

3-Chaos Chao are not in the game... however there is a new form of "Immortal chao" however we're keeping that a secret to let people find on their own

4-evolutions are still based on the scales of run,power,swim and fly
Stamina, Luck and Intelligence do not effect the evolutions or have custom head shapes

5- we may or may not do the jewel chao.. however we might make a new thing called "Shiny Chao" full plains have not been decided

6- Honestly we haven't fully test-ed the life span of the chao, but they should last for a pretty long time (and theirs a way to make them immortal like I said, if you want them to last forever..)

And thank you, we're working as hard as we can to make the game what people want from a new sonic game (and so far i'd say we're doing a pretty good job)

and yeah i'll try to make some more post so I can show pictures of the garden.. lol
feel free to ask me more questions
Nibroc.Rock
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nibroc.Rock »

Oh and I forgot, as for for breeding

at some point in the chao's life span will go into a mating mode with flowers around it
(theirs some fruit that helps it go into mating mode faster)

once one chao is in mating mode you can bring another chao to it(or just have the chao walk their himself lol)

Due to the lack of mono-tone chao for now the system picks one of the parents color at random and gives it to the chao

Also... Theirs a bit of luck involved heh... on some chance the chao breed might fail and not even leave a egg (but if you have the luck stat nice and high the chance gets lower and lower that, that would happen)

sorry if the system seems a little off, it wasn't the easiest to recreate.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

When a Chao reaches the end of its lifespan, will it be able to Reincarnate (return to an Egg) like it does in the games?

Also, a minor thing I noticed, is that the Sonic and Shadow Chao (Neutral/Run and Dark/Run, technically) models currently seem to lack "ears". If you look at the images of these Chao types provided on this very website, you will see that they have little ears, much like the speedy hedgehogs themselves. Just thought I'd point that out, since you said you did the modeling, right?

And finally, one last question. How will Chao alignments work? As in, Hero, Neutral, and Dark Chao? Will certain characters be classified as "Hero" or "Dark" like in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and interacting with Chao as certain characters gradually changes the baby Chao's alignment? Or is it more like Sonic Adventure DX where you have to buy a bunch of Hero/Dark Fruit from the Black Market and then feed them to the baby Chao? Or is it going to work in a completely different way?

Thank you in advance! And that's pretty awesome that you actually decided to join this site! :)
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I just want to say, you guys are doing a great job on the Main Game and the Chao Gardens.

Anyways, questions.

If Chao do reincarnate, will the Cocoons be Pink if they're going to reincarnate and White if they're going to die?

Do you have any plans to include a Chao Doctor?

Also, this website also has a bunch of stuff on the ways Chao work on the main site and a few forum topics (Like, this Topic for example.) if you want to take a look around.

- - -
Nibroc.Rock
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nibroc.Rock »

CitrusCat wrote:When a Chao reaches the end of its lifespan, will it be able to Reincarnate (return to an Egg) like it does in the games?

Also, a minor thing I noticed, is that the Sonic and Shadow Chao (Neutral/Run and Dark/Run, technically) models currently seem to lack "ears". If you look at the images of these Chao types provided on this very website, you will see that they have little ears, much like the speedy hedgehogs themselves. Just thought I'd point that out, since you said you did the modeling, right?

And finally, one last question. How will Chao alignments work? As in, Hero, Neutral, and Dark Chao? Will certain characters be classified as "Hero" or "Dark" like in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and interacting with Chao as certain characters gradually changes the baby Chao's alignment? Or is it more like Sonic Adventure DX where you have to buy a bunch of Hero/Dark Fruit from the Black Market and then feed them to the baby Chao? Or is it going to work in a completely different way?

Thank you in advance! And that's pretty awesome that you actually decided to join this site! :)

yeah they don't have the ears, when I was working on the models I was told not to make the ears... i've forgot the reason.. but ears can be added with the hats so their not really gone

and chao alignments work like Sonic Adventure 2, however in Sonic World their are 3 types of alignments for the characters
HERO
DARK
CUTE (also sometimes called FUNKY)

the more you do stuff with said type the more their alignment goes up (from a scale of 0 to 100).. I assume thats how it worked in SA2 (I think beating the chao always makes their dark go up tho)

what the CUTE alignment does is keep the chao at Neutral, instead of going to hero and dark

(we had a design for new cute alignment, but due to issues in making all the stuff for it we scraped it and give it a easier concept)

And Thanks, I'm glad people are really excited about this game, we've been using Chao Island a lot to help learn stuff for the garden so it feels really nice to finally give back to the people
Nibroc.Rock
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nibroc.Rock »

chaoadventures wrote:I just want to say, you guys are doing a great job on the Main Game and the Chao Gardens.

Anyways, questions.

If Chao do reincarnate, will the Cocoons be Pink if they're going to reincarnate and White if they're going to die?

Do you have any plans to include a Chao Doctor?

Also, this website also has a bunch of stuff on the ways Chao work on the main site and a few forum topics (Like, this Topic for example.) if you want to take a look around.
the Chao do Reincarnate, and yes the Pink Cocoon reincarnate and the Grey means it dies....

theirs no set plans for chao kindergarten, as we haven't gotten too advance with everything yet, however I already made the model for the chao doctor just in case we do get around to that

I've read stuff on the main site before but I didn't know their was more in the forums, Thanks i'll take a look around and see if theirs some good ideas (or things to help us improve)
Nibroc.Rock
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nibroc.Rock »

http://orig14.deviantart.net/77cf/f/201 ... 96o9hw.png

ah cool now that I'm at 5 chao points on this site, I can upload links to images and other things

(seems images have to be under 800x tho)
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

a dev that answer question ? time to post mine

1 - How many chao we can get max ? 24 ? or more ?

2 - do we buy toys or unlock them ? like classroom and chao race

3 - is there a price for chao karate now ? because we only won 1 emblem in SA2 and that's it...

4 - are you planned to make more chao evolution ?

5 - the dark with not angry eyes make me uncomfortable... is there a way to force dark chao have angry eyes like the sonic adventure ?

6 - are you guys gonna add more stuff in the next update ? (like more hats, color and other in release 7)

7 - do chao have "action" to do like SA2 ? like play, get the fruit alone, sleep, and do the animal stuff

8 - are you planned to make more "action" ? like friends chao and other unused action that have been seen in SA2 : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=46640

9 - is the life time of chao is he same than SA2, SA ?

10 - do chao follow you ? or they can go ANYWHERE in the garden ? because i see in your video they still close to you, but i guess it's just for the trailer

11 - and the last question : how do the night/day time system work ? are you gonna add weather too ?

and good work i can't wait to try this game, hope the control and character animation will be a little better (i played release 5)
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by StarLand »

Nibroc.Rock wrote:http://orig14.deviantart.net/77cf/f/201 ... 96o9hw.png

ah cool now that I'm at 5 chao points on this site, I can upload links to images and other things

(seems images have to be under 800x tho)
Hey there, is it possible to add custom background music to the Chao Garden?
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

great to hear we actually have a developer here to communicate with.
I'm interested in playing, is there anything you need (such as downloadable programs) to play it?
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Nibroc.Rock
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nibroc.Rock »

StarLand wrote: Hey there, is it possible to add custom background music to the Chao Garden?
There is a folder for chao garden music playlist, it can hold up to 10 songs, and it randomly picks one song every-time you enter.
Nibroc.Rock
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nibroc.Rock »

DarkyBenji wrote:a dev that answer question ? time to post mine

1 - How many chao we can get max ? 24 ? or more ?

2 - do we buy toys or unlock them ? like classroom and chao race

3 - is there a price for chao karate now ? because we only won 1 emblem in SA2 and that's it...

4 - are you planned to make more chao evolution ?

5 - the dark with not angry eyes make me uncomfortable... is there a way to force dark chao have angry eyes like the sonic adventure ?

6 - are you guys gonna add more stuff in the next update ? (like more hats, color and other in release 7)

7 - do chao have "action" to do like SA2 ? like play, get the fruit alone, sleep, and do the animal stuff

8 - are you planned to make more "action" ? like friends chao and other unused action that have been seen in SA2 : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=46640

9 - is the life time of chao is he same than SA2, SA ?

10 - do chao follow you ? or they can go ANYWHERE in the garden ? because i see in your video they still close to you, but i guess it's just for the trailer

11 - and the last question : how do the night/day time system work ? are you gonna add weather too ?

and good work i can't wait to try this game, hope the control and character animation will be a little better (i played release 5)

1- 10 chao is the max, it gets a little bit lag-y with anymore

2- you have to buy the toys

3- not sure what you mean by price, you can enter it without paying or having to have a certain amount of emblems

4- we have acknowledge that their are more evolutions (such as the second evo) that we didn't add into our chao garden, but as it is right now thats way too much work for our small team ( especially me because Im the one who has to make all the models) for now we're not planing to do much more before the release

5- er not really..

6- yeah theirs bound to be more stuff in future versions of the game

7- the chao have some actions, but their AI is not as complex as SA2/SADX

8- no plans for actions like those

9- we haven't compared the life span of our chao to that of SA2/SADX but they do last for a pretty long time

10- the chao CAN fallow you, if you call them around with the whistle, but they can go anywhere in the garden, and stay their to, (but yeah in the video I kept them pretty close to me)

11- the day/night cycle is mostly just visuals, it doesn't change anything besides the lighting right now, (we where gonna add rain but it got a little too laggy on low-end computers)

While we are trying to re-create the concept of the Chao Garden, we're not gonna replicate it a 100%, it's gonna be a lot different and new in some ways, but hopefully people will find a similar enjoyment to that of the the original. (another neat thing is it might even be some people's first chao garden, I'm really looking forward to introducing people to concept of a chao garden as well, outside of just recreating it for the people who remember it)
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

Regarding the first question, about the max number of Chao, I think they were referring to the combined amount of Chao across all of the Gardens. 10 Chao sounds like only 1 Garden's worth, considering how the Gardens here are much bigger than they were in the games.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")